OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

been forgetting to take pics of what i do.  made some home made chorizo the other day for some chorizo sliders for breakfast.  idk haven't done much.  butchered a side of beef the other day.  had to show this hog what a band saw do today.
laugh.gif

this thread is dead

been forgetting to take pics of what i do.  made some home made chorizo the other day for some chorizo sliders for breakfast.  idk haven't done much.  butchered a side of beef the other day.  had to show this hog what a band saw do today.
laugh.gif

this thread is dead

Fried catfish
eek.gif
FUUUUUUUUUUU. Looks good
pimp.gif

I gotta breakout the cornmeal tonight now

Fried catfish
eek.gif
FUUUUUUUUUUU. Looks good
pimp.gif

I gotta breakout the cornmeal tonight now

i'm doing more catfish tomorrow.  i got it soaking in the cooler now overnight in buttermilk before i fry it.
devil.gif

thanks man.  those lotuses look nice too.  they seem similar to a rose just cut flatter instead of almost vertical.  i'm going with my teacher to cater an award party soon for some art show.  should be good.

i'm doing more catfish tomorrow.  i got it soaking in the cooler now overnight in buttermilk before i fry it.
devil.gif

thanks man.  those lotuses look nice too.  they seem similar to a rose just cut flatter instead of almost vertical.  i'm going with my teacher to cater an award party soon for some art show.  should be good.

I've become a pretty good chef from television, books and at home experience. 
I've been thinking about culinary school, anyone have any insight? 

I read a lot on fraudulent claims they make (Le Cordon Bleu especially) and there is a lot of pending law suits out there. 

I love cooking!

I read a lot on fraudulent claims they make (Le Cordon Bleu especially) and there is a lot of pending law suits out there. 

I love cooking!

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

I love cooking!
Get a job in a catering/gourmet kitchen. Learn everything you can. Buy a ticket to France, learn how to get down. Come back to the states, get together some capital, open up a restaurant, be a boss.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

I love cooking!
Get a job in a catering/gourmet kitchen. Learn everything you can. Buy a ticket to France, learn how to get down. Come back to the states, get together some capital, open up a restaurant, be a boss.

don't mess with cordon bleu or art institute.  as you've already stated they are straight raping their students and they have no respect in the industry so their graduates can't land jobs.

i'm at a CC with a very respectable program.  it's the #1 ranked CC in the nation and it's got a great culinary program also.  my teacher now came from a restaurant with two michelin stars and graduated from CIA's new york campus.  i really doubt you'd find teachers with his talent at cordon bleu or AI. dudes who have been in the industry just don't respect them.

i asked the chefs at work where they went and they told me to go to my school for sure unless i was willing to drop 60k on the CIA.  i'd say ask anyone you know who is working in a high end kitchen where they went to school.  look on google too if you don't know people.

you def don't have to spend hella money for a good school.  cordon bleu and AI don't teach half of what i will learn if you compare the programs.

don't mess with cordon bleu or art institute.  as you've already stated they are straight raping their students and they have no respect in the industry so their graduates can't land jobs.

i'm at a CC with a very respectable program.  it's the #1 ranked CC in the nation and it's got a great culinary program also.  my teacher now came from a restaurant with two michelin stars and graduated from CIA's new york campus.  i really doubt you'd find teachers with his talent at cordon bleu or AI. dudes who have been in the industry just don't respect them.

i asked the chefs at work where they went and they told me to go to my school for sure unless i was willing to drop 60k on the CIA.  i'd say ask anyone you know who is working in a high end kitchen where they went to school.  look on google too if you don't know people.

you def don't have to spend hella money for a good school.  cordon bleu and AI don't teach half of what i will learn if you compare the programs.

^thanks guys. I'm a server right now but have 4 years food experience. I'd like to try to be a sous chef somewhere decent.

I wish my CC offered culinary courses..no dice though.

^thanks guys. I'm a server right now but have 4 years food experience. I'd like to try to be a sous chef somewhere decent.

I wish my CC offered culinary courses..no dice though.

good, so you already know what it's like being a cook.
laugh.gif
not thinking you're going to be handed a restaurant when you graduate.  

good, so you already know what it's like being a cook.
laugh.gif
not thinking you're going to be handed a restaurant when you graduate.  

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i'm at a CC with a very respectable program.  it's the #1 ranked CC in the nation and it's got a great culinary program also.

since when did they rank community colleges 
q3L53.png

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i'm at a CC with a very respectable program.  it's the #1 ranked CC in the nation and it's got a great culinary program also.

since when did they rank community colleges 
q3L53.png

Back
Top Bottom