OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

i need to step it up ... good stuff in here
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

no problem.  yup i just added them to the liquid during cooking.  post some pics when you do, i'm sure they'll be better than mine.  i wish i could take pics at work but i work on an open line so taking out the phone would be a problem. 
431193_10100870891363553_3232000_59444635_204150352_n.jpg

MPLS!! you the man!!!

extremely tender and flavorful... only thing different was that i added mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers & minced jalapeno to the broth.

made this for a church potluck today... ppl were trippin out!
pimp.gif
glad you and the people at church liked it. nice to see others participating too.

chicken X lime curry. this sold out pronto.

Originally Posted by wcghost

no problem.  yup i just added them to the liquid during cooking.  post some pics when you do, i'm sure they'll be better than mine.  i wish i could take pics at work but i work on an open line so taking out the phone would be a problem. 
431193_10100870891363553_3232000_59444635_204150352_n.jpg

MPLS!! you the man!!!

extremely tender and flavorful... only thing different was that i added mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers & minced jalapeno to the broth.

made this for a church potluck today... ppl were trippin out!
pimp.gif
glad you and the people at church liked it. nice to see others participating too.

chicken X lime curry. this sold out pronto.

^ super easy and would get people geeked.  good idea.

my special i ran today.  marinated the pork 24 hours in jerk marinade i made.  seared it on the grill and smoked it today before service.  it's served over a pineapple fried rice and some sauted peppers.  the sauce is basically a ginger, lemongrass and tumeric ver blanc and it's garnished with cilantro oil and red chili oil. some people said it was too spicy but eff em, it's jerk and scotch bonnets are a main component. 

my special i ran today.  marinated the pork 24 hours in jerk marinade i made.  seared it on the grill and smoked it today before service.  it's served over a pineapple fried rice and some sauted peppers.  the sauce is basically a ginger, lemongrass and tumeric ver blanc and it's garnished with cilantro oil and red chili oil. some people said it was too spicy but eff em, it's jerk and scotch bonnets are a main component. 

stoner-dog-birthday-1st.jpg

looks gooood man......

you work at a restaurant or something?

stoner-dog-birthday-1st.jpg

looks gooood man......

you work at a restaurant or something?

thanks man, yeah i cook at a steakhouse/seafood place.  i did this though at school.  i don't get the time to eff around at work and make what i want so school is where i experiment.  i just sold this in the cafeteria today.

it's awesome, i have all the equipment i need and the teachers let me have free range because they know i'm making food that will sell good.

thanks man, yeah i cook at a steakhouse/seafood place.  i did this though at school.  i don't get the time to eff around at work and make what i want so school is where i experiment.  i just sold this in the cafeteria today.

it's awesome, i have all the equipment i need and the teachers let me have free range because they know i'm making food that will sell good.

I need to stop looking at these pics 1 hour before lunch...

I will start posting in here, cooking is a huge hobby of mine and I actually teach a cooking class during the summer (7th/8th grade though, nothing serious)

I need to stop looking at these pics 1 hour before lunch...

I will start posting in here, cooking is a huge hobby of mine and I actually teach a cooking class during the summer (7th/8th grade though, nothing serious)

I need help with steaks. I can never get that perfect pink, it's either way too raw or I end up over cooking them.
Any advice?

I need help with steaks. I can never get that perfect pink, it's either way too raw or I end up over cooking them.
Any advice?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Any advice?
get a thermometer, stick it in the side of the steak while it's laying flat so you get the probe all the way to the center.  once you're good at this you can just push on them and know their temps.  there are other tricks but a thermometer will never fail as long as it's calibrated.

cook-a-steak-blue-rare-medium-welldone.jpg

Any advice?
get a thermometer, stick it in the side of the steak while it's laying flat so you get the probe all the way to the center.  once you're good at this you can just push on them and know their temps.  there are other tricks but a thermometer will never fail as long as it's calibrated.

What are some good brand of kitchen knives? Any recommendations? I was thinking I should get some proper knives seeing as how I only use one knife for everything and I don't think you are suppose to do that
laugh.gif

What are some good brand of kitchen knives? Any recommendations? I was thinking I should get some proper knives seeing as how I only use one knife for everything and I don't think you are suppose to do that
laugh.gif

i only use one knife too.  you use a chef's knife 98% of the time.  all you need is a paring knife and bread knife to go with it. 

how much do you want to spend?

i only use one knife too.  you use a chef's knife 98% of the time.  all you need is a paring knife and bread knife to go with it. 

how much do you want to spend?

Any advice?

another trick is to make a fist... feel from your wrist and slowly move towards the space between your pointer finger and thumb.... is typically the same firmness leading from well done to rare.... you can poke at the meat, and test firmness with your hand... good to use when you are grilling at the beach/outdoors

Any advice?

another trick is to make a fist... feel from your wrist and slowly move towards the space between your pointer finger and thumb.... is typically the same firmness leading from well done to rare.... you can poke at the meat, and test firmness with your hand... good to use when you are grilling at the beach/outdoors

Whats up fam, sorry Ive been slacking. Ive been cooking but not posting pics. Here is what Ive done so far
Yesterday I made chicken fingers, broccoli and some tator tots. Easiest recipe out there. The key ingredient is the Panko Bread crumbs

424121_2752947596911_1654291032_2360667_332354394_n.jpg

For Valentines, I made my wife some Chicken Piccata. She loves capers, thats why there's so many. 

404817_2641332566605_1654291032_2312838_190284198_n.jpg

This is my new favorite dish. Doesnt look good but it has an amazing flavor. Its chicken Marsala. Underneath the chicken Marsala is a some whisked mashed potatoes. 

422268_2540600928377_1654291032_2277321_1057414347_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom