OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

roast chicken w/ honey hoisin sambal glaze

pasta w/ fresh & sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms and an egg

ox tail & beef tendon braised in black bean sauce, w/daikon, carrots, etc.

Tri tip w/veg stir fried in black bean sauce

Chicken salad w/fuji apples

chicken pho

Osso bucco style stew w beef tendon, pork shank & ox tail

damb you know how to throw it down in the kitchen. yum!

made this today, all from scratch and home grown rhubarb. used no shortening for the crust, straight butter.  probably wont even eat it.
laugh.gif

10wtv2f.jpg

made this today, all from scratch and home grown rhubarb. used no shortening for the crust, straight butter.  probably wont even eat it.
laugh.gif

10wtv2f.jpg

chicken pho

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
all looks delicious man. care to share some recipes? did you go to culinary academy?

chicken pho

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
all looks delicious man. care to share some recipes? did you go to culinary academy?

gram cracker, butterscotch filling, whipped cream with crushed butterfinger on top.  100 percent from scratch except for the butterfinger.

we were talking about knives a while back.  i swooped a mac chef's knife and paring knife and a cheapo wusthof boning knife. only pic i have.

gram cracker, butterscotch filling, whipped cream with crushed butterfinger on top.  100 percent from scratch except for the butterfinger.

we were talking about knives a while back.  i swooped a mac chef's knife and paring knife and a cheapo wusthof boning knife. only pic i have.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

you have won in life
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

yo can i just put any pan in the oven? my mom buys these cheap ones and i'm not sure if the plastic handle can take it. i should know this since i'm in culinary school but we use different pans at school.

and MPLSdunk, you should try going to a store and try holding the handles, that's what i usually look for when i'm looking at knives. i don't really like the handles on the global knives when i held one.

c'mon man.  you go to a culinary school and you don't even know if you can put plastic pan in the oven?  the answer: no you can't.  you'll also want to avoid putting in the oven any pans with non-stick coating (teflon).

invest in a cast iron skillet:

http://www.amazon.com/Lod...id=1314946575&sr=8-3

it's great for the kitchen and camping

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Yo nt chefs or anyone who has a chef knife they love I need a chef knife. I'm going to ask the guys at work too but I'd appreciate your input too. I'm starting to piece together a set. I was thinking of either the global chef's knife or the MAC professional chefs knife. Both are get very good reviews and won't break th

i see you already got a nice knife, and that you were looking for a high-end knife, but for the amateurs out there who wants a knife that just works:

http://www.amazon.com/Vic...id=1314946703&sr=8-1

and to go along with it:

http://www.amazon.com/Acc...id=1314946712&sr=8-1

Originally Posted by thapointguy

you have won in life
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

yo can i just put any pan in the oven? my mom buys these cheap ones and i'm not sure if the plastic handle can take it. i should know this since i'm in culinary school but we use different pans at school.

and MPLSdunk, you should try going to a store and try holding the handles, that's what i usually look for when i'm looking at knives. i don't really like the handles on the global knives when i held one.

c'mon man.  you go to a culinary school and you don't even know if you can put plastic pan in the oven?  the answer: no you can't.  you'll also want to avoid putting in the oven any pans with non-stick coating (teflon).

invest in a cast iron skillet:

http://www.amazon.com/Lod...id=1314946575&sr=8-3

it's great for the kitchen and camping

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Yo nt chefs or anyone who has a chef knife they love I need a chef knife. I'm going to ask the guys at work too but I'd appreciate your input too. I'm starting to piece together a set. I was thinking of either the global chef's knife or the MAC professional chefs knife. Both are get very good reviews and won't break th

i see you already got a nice knife, and that you were looking for a high-end knife, but for the amateurs out there who wants a knife that just works:

http://www.amazon.com/Vic...id=1314946703&sr=8-1

and to go along with it:

http://www.amazon.com/Acc...id=1314946712&sr=8-1

really just bumping this.
laugh.gif

had absolutely nothing in the crib.  marinated in lime juice, sugar and black pepper while the coals were lighting.  threw it on the grill and seasoned it with goya adobo.  not bad for what i had to work with.

really just bumping this.
laugh.gif

had absolutely nothing in the crib.  marinated in lime juice, sugar and black pepper while the coals were lighting.  threw it on the grill and seasoned it with goya adobo.  not bad for what i had to work with.

Can anyone put me on some recipes for salmon and beef steak (Eg. Sauces to use, spices, cooking methods)?

I'm only good with spraying pepper, salt, and some basil
laugh.gif

Can anyone put me on some recipes for salmon and beef steak (Eg. Sauces to use, spices, cooking methods)?

I'm only good with spraying pepper, salt, and some basil
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom