Official Chester French- Love The Future Album Thread 4/21/09

thousandaire

Banned
f6b1694365da7763faaed2fc59eff85f09275c0c.jpg

Tracklist
[table][tr][td]1. Introduction[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. C'Mon (On My Own)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Bebe Buell[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. String Interlude[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. The Jimmy Choos[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Time to Unwind[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Fingers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. Country Interlude[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Beneath the Veil[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Neal[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11. Not Over You[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. She Loves Everybody[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Sleep[/td] [/tr][/table]
Overview

A they, not a he, consisting of young friends D.A. Wallach and Max Drummey, CHESTER FRENCH seeks to prove that pop music can be at once challenging andaccessible. And with the bracing, involving and always-surprising set of pop-art songs on their debut album Love the Future, the duo has made a bold statementthat's as delightful as it is ambitious, an album informed by a great wealth of music that is poised to break barriers and set new standards. ChesterFrench's world is a musical universe in which everything's in play. The glorious "She Loves Everybody" mixes sensibilities equally drawing onMotown and power-pop. "Beneath the Veil" throws country twists into hip-hop aesthetics. "Neal" has echoes of swing, hip-hop and rock - witha guitar break paying tribute to the genius and magic fingers of Les Paul. And "Fingers" is just your basic orchestral-pop with, you know, a lapsteel solo. There's a curtain-raising "Introduction," and a couple transition pieces ("The String Interlude" and "CountryInterlude") to help tie it all together and stress that this is, overall, far more than just a collection of songs, but a whole statement.
"We were trying to make the album an album," Drummey says. "What we tried to do is make something musically diverse but also unified. And wedid the best job of that ever in the history of music."

Don't just take it from him. The band has already been lauded by the press with features such as Spin's Who's Next `08 and Rolling Stone'sArtists To Watch. And take it from no less than Pharrell Williams, who signed the unclassifiable duo to his Star Trak/Interscope label after an early copy ofthe album, recorded by the two largely in a dorm basement studio while they were students at Harvard, was passed from them to his engineer, Drew Coleman.

"It's been a long time since I've heard a project teeming with this sort of musicality and originality," says Williams, the phenomenalartist/producer/trailblazer of Neptunes, N.E.R.D. and so-much-else fame. "You're going to watch history unfold with these guys. I feel it in mygut." That works for Wallach and Drummey, who trace an aesthetic lineage from Beethoven to Brian Wilson, from Les Paul to Prince to, well, PharrellWilliams. They see walls coming down with a new generation inspired by innovative artists like Gnarls Barkley and OutKast.

I'm expecting big things, I heard 3/13 tracks on there and they did not disappoint
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

has it released?
nerd.gif

?
Not sure, I'm not looking for it though. I'ma wait until the release date. They earned my money just off that mixtape they dropped

Yeah, I'm relying on that mixtape to hold me up till then.

I like the cover but what's with the Geisha?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by alcapone

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

So this and Asher Roth next week? +$$++! nice.
smokin.gif
And Curren$y.
And the Rick Ross album is pretty dope. Wale's mixtape comes out a few days later as well. April has been the best month so far
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by alcapone

^ And Wiz is dropping Friday.

Damn right its been a good April.
#$! it's been a good year so far...

Dream
Day26
Chester French Mixtape
Mike Posner Mixtape
Jamie Foxx
Rick Ross
Drake
Etc.

A lot of good music
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
at the album cover, not what i was expecting
Imma def go and cop this album (maybe asher's too), their mixtape has been in heavy
rotation this past week.

I hope y'all not expecting the album to sound anything like the mixtape...you'll be in for a rude awakening

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

I hope y'all not expecting the album to sound anything like the mixtape...you'll be in for a rude awakening
I'm a big fan of indie music in general, and so far the two songs from the album have been excellent. Especially The Jimmy Choos
pimp.gif

very refreshing music, especially with the song "she loves everybody", very vintage but modern. These dudes are def ahead of their time.

I wish "Two mans" was on the album but Jimmy Choos Time To unwind and others are all
pimp.gif
good look for star trak \\//

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by Thousandaire

Originally Posted by buggz05

has it released?
nerd.gif

?
Not sure, I'm not looking for it though. I'ma wait until the release date. They earned my money just off that mixtape they dropped
mixtape?????

Jacque jams vol.1 endurance
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom