Official Common Sense Thread "The Dreamer, The Believer" From movies to classic albums!! Dec. 20th

Commons 9th studio album with Warner brothers, GOOD Music behind him. Set to release on December 20th 2011, its only right to start a countdown thread.�
No official tracklist yet:�

All Cllasic albums except UMC which was decent Prod wise, & Electric circus depending on your perception.
pimp.gif

1992 Can I Borrow A Dollar?

1994 Resurrection

1997 One Day It'll Make Sense

Relativity�Records

2000 Like Water For Chocolate

MCA Records/Universal Records

2002 Electric Circus

2005 Be

Geffen/Imani Records

2007 Finding Forever

2008 Universal Mind Control

Warner Brothers/GOOD Music/Geffen

2011 The Dreamer, The Believer

Electric Circus was not a classic. A classic is inherently not limited to a person's perception.

The God NO I.D. is going to give Com some of the greatest soundscapes we've heard.
I'm *$%%%%@ hyped for this @!$*, this going to be his best album since Be

I can't wait for this album to drop.

Common is one of my fav MCs of all time, and dude makes great albums, like you said (not including EC and UMC) I love them all
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Electric Circus was not a classic. A classic is inherently not limited to a person's perception.

You're correct sir. The emotion feeling this album gave me was amazing. The Afrocentrism, heavy beats, very experimental, appreciating the works of fela kuti(Afro beat), appreciation and representation of 60's black power movement. Just the fact he went out of the box with the album, elevating creativity. Sounds classic to me<Like i said, thats my opinion though. 
When members of the soulquarians come together is always historic. Dilla, Badu, Quests, Bilal, James. Some additional help from Neptunes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The whole album touches my soul. 

Haven't rocked with Com since Finding Forever so I'ma grab this one. Ghetto Dreams is crazy! Still gets burn

Dat feel when Electric Circus is disregarded by da masses

Why is Common on every TV show on tv?

I was watching The Electric show? with my brother and dude was on there diggin mines and #$!$.

^Wow Dipset now "Be" is a classic album. Com is one of my favorite rappers and I like most of his albums except for UMC....I appreciated EC as I got older but not all of his albums are classic. He has one classic in my opinion and a slew of good to very good albums.

With that said I am very excited about this album as I like the two tracks I have heard thus far and I really think with NO I.D. producing the album that it will have that great consistent sound like "Be" did.

Back
Top Bottom