OFFICIAL Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) Thread - DK,FD vol. Addictive Personalities Beware

Final tournament line up if Van Slyke is in the line up

P Cole Hamels
Tex@Sea - Tue 10:10PM ET
FPPG: 19.75 | Salary: $10,300

P Raisel Iglesias
Pit@Cin - Tue 7:10PM ET
FPPG: 16.67 | Salary: $8,700

C Jonathan Lucroy
Mil@Mia - Tue 7:10PM ET
FPPG: 6.90 | Salary: $4,100

1B David Ortiz
Tor@Bos - Tue 7:10PM ET
FPPG: 8.56 | Salary: $4,300

2B Cesar Hernandez
Atl@Phi - Tue 7:05PM ET
FPPG: 5.93 | Salary: $3,100

3B Evan Longoria
TB@Det - Tue 7:08PM ET
FPPG: 7.07 | Salary: $4,000

SS Troy Tulowitzki
FPPG: 7.63 | Salary: $3,900

OF Jose Bautista
FPPG: 9.48 | Salary: $5,100

OF David Peralta
SF@Ari - Tue 9:40PM ET
FPPG: 7.02 | Salary: $4,000

OF Scott Van Slyke
LAD@LAA - Tue 10:05PM ET
FPPG: 4.36 | Salary: $2,300

A few of these games look a lot better than they did in the morning (love when storm timing works out in our favor), but one of them looks pretty ugly:

TOR  @ BOS  – We broke a record high temp in Boston, it’s humid, and winds are blowing out to center at around 10mph, that’s all good stuff for hitters. Really a lot of these games have high heat and humidity, so check the forecast page under “daily research” for temps and dew points during the game, the higher those numbers the farther the ball flies!

TB @ DET  – National Weather Service has showers and storms mainly after 9PM… but I might even push it a bit later than that. Models are consistent in weakening and slowing down the approaching storm system, bringing it in at 11 PM or later, and allowing this game to play clean. I’m keeping this as YELLOW  for 2 reasons, 1) you can never rule out a stray pop-up ahead of the main line, and 2) if models are wrong at the system stays strong, it will not stall out, it will accelerate. Still, I think the risk of either of those scenarios is fairly low, so I’m keeping my risk level at the lower end of the spectrum with the YELLOW, we will more than likely play without worries here.
Another note: Again it’s hot and humid here, for this time year temps in the mid 80s and dewpoints around 70 is downright tropical for Detroit.

CLE  @ CWS  – Almost the opposite of Detroit, but not in a bad way… storms are clearing OUT  of Chicago this evening. Main system is exiting now. We do have a secondary line of storms developing upstream, but it’s thin, so I don’t expect it to bring anything more than a delay. Also, that second line could be arriving around first pitch, so a late start here would likely put hitters AND  pitchers in the clear. I like it a lot more than this morning, YELLOW  (because of potential delay or late start with secondary line).

MIN  @ KC – NWS  has a 40% chance of storms… I think that’s high. The secondary line of storms is already firing up, and it’s forming south of the KC metro (and still drifting farther south). That essentially puts this game in the clear… or at least as “clear” as you can be with nearby storms and a 40% pop from the NWS.GREEN/YELLOW.

CHC  @ STL  – If you are going to pick a game to fade… this is the game. Storms will be (at the very least) surrounding STL, and possibly sitting on top of the city/stadium. Heavy rain and thunderstorms + plus a system that is slow to clear = trouble. The bright-side here is that we COULD  see a little window between two storm systems… maybe… but you would really be rolling the dice. While that brief window gives me at least some hope, the safe play here would be to fade.ORANGE/RED.

Triple up lineup 
[table][tr][td]P[/td][td]Raisel Iglesias  P[/td][td]16.7[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Edinson Volquez  P[/td][td]14.9[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]C[/td][td]Buster Posey[/td][td]8.1[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]1B[/td][td]David Ortiz[/td][td]8.6[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]2B[/td][td]Rougned Odor[/td][td]7.0[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]3B[/td][td]Josh Donaldson[/td][td]10.5[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]SS[/td][td]Asdrubal Cabrera[/td][td]6.5[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td]Jose Bautista[/td][td]9.5[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td]Jacoby Ellsbury[/td][td]7.8[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td]David Peralta[/td][td]7.0[/td][/tr][/table]

Well Iglesias wet the bed
Real talk... he was drafted 60 percent in my league 
laugh.gif

I shouldve went with Nola but i liked Freeman tonight 
frown.gif

what a crappy game this Tor/Bos game is. Was expecting to see alot of runs 

Last edited:
 Killed me on DK man. But so did the Redsox so **** MLB DFS I quit.
It's so crazy man!

I stacked 6 out of the 8 teams in the late contests just to see how bad my luck is right now and.....it's really bad man.

Scores were all 0-0 or like 1-0 until the 5th innings on my stacks, and the 2 I didn't (Texas and SF) were 5-0 and 7-0 
roll.gif

Last edited:
[table][tr][td]P[/td][td]Julio Teheran P [/td][td]14.0[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]P[/td][td]Josh Tomlin P [/td][td]25.4[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]C[/td][td]Buster Posey [/td][td]8.1[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]1B[/td][td]Evan Gattis [/td][td]6.8[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]2B[/td][td]Steve Pearce [/td][td]5.5[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]3B[/td][td]Todd Frazier [/td][td]8.4[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]SS[/td][td]Clint Barmes [/td][td]3.3[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td]George Springer [/td][td]8.3[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td]Mike Trout [/td][td]9.5[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]OF[/td][td]Justin Upton [/td][td]8.3[/td][td]swap out[/td][/tr][tr][td]  [/td][/tr][/table]
lets get it early stacking one later against CC.

Well DK didn't turn out too bad. Placed in my cash games even though I had Iglesias in all of them.

P Jacob deGrom P 21.8 swap out
P Collin McHugh P 16.8 swap out
C Blake Swihart 6.3 swap out
1B Freddie Freeman 8.2 swap out
2B Odubel Herrera 6.5 swap out
3B Mike Moustakas 7.2 swap out
SS Andres Blanco 4.3 swap out
OF Alex Gordon 7.2 swap out
OF Mikie Mahtook 5.1 swap out
OF Nick Swisher 4.9 swap out

toss up between Hosmer and Freeman, went with Freeman since Buchanan isn't a big leaguer. may pivot to Pierzinski eventually, just dont want too much Braves exposure though.

P Jacob deGrom P 21.8 swap out
P Collin McHugh P 16.8 swap out
C Blake Swihart 6.3 swap out
1B Freddie Freeman 8.2 swap out
2B Odubel Herrera 6.5 swap out
3B Mike Moustakas 7.2 swap out
SS Andres Blanco 4.3 swap out
OF Alex Gordon 7.2 swap out
OF Mikie Mahtook 5.1 swap out
OF Nick Swisher 4.9 swap out

toss up between Hosmer and Freeman, went with Freeman since Buchanan isn't a big leaguer. may pivot to Pierzinski eventually, just dont want too much Braves exposure though.
"Mike Pelfrey has thrown his fastball 72.9 percent of the time, third most among qualified starters this season. Hitters are batting .333 against Pelfrey's fastball, fourth highest against starters who have thrown at least 500 fastballs. The Royals, led by Eric Hosmer (.390) and Kendrys Morales (.387), lead baseball in average against right-handed fastballs (.323)."

Freeman good contrarian though I see where you're coming from

Back
Top Bottom