Official Doomsday preparation thread (Dont get caught slippin) **Edit with links**

Ive been gathering a few supplies in prep for a major event. It doesnt have to be the end of the world, it could be a major flood for example.

You never know what can happen so its best be prepared.

Fire Starter

View media item 600042Rubbing wood together isnt gonna cut it
Link

LifeStraw
View media item 600043View media item 600046Removes a minimum of 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites per manufacturer.
Reduces water turbidity by filtering particles of approximately 0.2 microns.
Link

Iodide Pills
View media item 600049In a radiation emergency, radioactive iodine may be released in the air. This material may be breathed or swallowed. It may enter the thyroid gland and damage it. The damage would
If you take potassium iodide, it will fill up your thyroid gland. This reduces the chance that harmful radioactive iodine will enter the thyroid gland.
probably not show itself for years. Children are most likely to have thyroid damage.
Link

Gas Mask
View media item 600050Link

Storm proof matches
View media item 600052Link

Mylar blanket
View media item 600054Link

Food
View media item 1132246Link

These are just a few of some things ive purchased besides the normal ammo and canned foods.
Any one else gathering supplies or have suggestions?

Lets make this thread a positive one :smokin

Last edited:
Let's get it poppin. Great thread.  

Solar USB Chargers are a must!!  Power up Radio, Phone, etc

Glock.jpg

Besides the lifestraw wouldn't you need to gather hundreds of gallons of water cause a readily available source of water isn't always guaranteed.

Will be watching this thread.

... I don't know why, but things just seem a bit off these days. Maybe I'm being paranoid. :nerd:

already have a gas mask, fire starter and lifestraw lookin like good cops. especially the straw.

need to start getting more canned goods.

Great list. Amazingly I have all of the items you listed in my emergency bag except this...

LifeStraw

I am gonna order one on Amazon! :lol:
Amazon product ASIN B006QF3TW4
Some of the other items I have packed that I remember...

Water purification kit
Photocopies of all my important documents including pics of family members
Heavy Duty Gloves
Tools (hammer/nails, wrench, bungee cords, etc)
Flashlight with extra batteries
Hand Crank Radio
Medication/First Aid kit
Maps
Ammo
Multi purpose knives, and guns
Water/Rations/Cans with opener
Change of clothes (military fatigues)
Boots
$400 in cash (coins, different denominations)

It's been a minute since I have taken inventory though

Last edited:
Besides the lifestraw wouldn't you need to gather hundreds of gallons of water cause a readily available source of water isn't always guaranteed.
If you plan on staying in 1 location then yes, storing water is a good option. But if ish hits the fan, staying stationary wont be much of an option. Thats where things like lifestraw comes in handy.

There is also
View media item 600100
None of the items ive listed cost more than $30 :smokin

Last edited:
Let's get it poppin. Great thread.  

Solar USB Chargers are a must!!  Power up Radio, Phone, etc

View media item 600077
Great list. Amazingly I have all of the items you listed in my emergency bag except this...

LifeStraw

I am gonna order one on Amazon! :lol:
Amazon product ASIN B006QF3TW4
Some of the other items I have packed that I remember...

Water purification kit
Photocopies of all my important documents including pics of family members
Heavy Duty Gloves
Tools (hammer/nails, wrench, bungee cords, etc)
Flashlight with extra batteries
Hand Crank Radio
Medication/First Aid kit
Maps
Ammo
Multi purpose knives, and guns
Water/Rations/Cans with opener
Change of clothes (military fatigues)
Boots
$400 in cash (coins, different denominations)

It's been a minute since I have taken inventory though
Good stuff :pimp:

First of all, why are you going to fight/struggle to live in a post apocalyptic world? This aint Fallout, its not going to be trill in the least.

**** that. If I'm out, I'm out. I know where I'm going.

Second, if its "Doomsday"....****** DOOMSDAY...that **** aint gonna help.

dooms·day
ˈdo͞omzˌdā/
noun
noun: doomsday; plural noun: doomsdays; noun: domesday; plural noun: domesdays

the last day of the world's existence.

my girlfriend thinks im crazy when i tell her we need to get strapped and soon.

im also going to get body armor, we have flashlights and leathermans (multitools) but as far as rations go i doubt we will get far on coke and hummus.

i live on the san andreas fault and we've been long overdue for "the big one" for about 20 years now.

these times are crazy, i always have my multitool on me no matter what.

I've been thinkin about this a lot lately.

I was thinking about getting a storage drum and storing drinking water in it as well as investing in some MREs

Amazon has a "bundle" w/ the magnesium fire starter u posted, 4 mylar blankets, and walter treatment tablets for just over $15 which isn't bad. The real cost is firearms and the gasmasks

I was thinking about getting a storage drum and storing drinking water in it as well as investing in some MREs

Amazon has a "bundle" w/ the magnesium fire starter u posted, 4 mylar blankets, and walter treatment tablets for just over $15 which isn't bad. The real cost is firearms and the gasmasks
I think the gas masks are pretty cheap ($25-$30).

Last edited:

I think the gas masks are pretty cheap ($25-$30).

Some that I've seen have been in the $100+ range and I need to purchase 3.

And [COLOR=#red]RustleNomics[/COLOR] my wife is the same way.I tell her we need to prepare and she has this whole "If we're meant to die, we will" mentality. I aint sayin we won't die but why it gotta be when ish hits the fan, I'm a fighter :lol:

And [COLOR=#red]RustleNomics[/COLOR] my wife is the same way.I tell her we need to prepare and she has this whole "If we're meant to die, we will" mentality. I aint sayin we won't die but why it gotta be when ish hits the fan, I'm a fighter :lol:
Amazon :smokin
LINK

Amazon :smokin
LINK

Repped. I've seen em on websites but they were a lot pricier than on here, even better that the children's ones aren't that expensive either.

I've been doin some research and here's a few other things that could be used:

• Compass
  • bandanas (multiple uses from a dusk mask to covering wounds
  • waterproof backpacks
  • a window punch (more discrete than throwing a brick through one)
  • a first aid kit, obviously
  • a multi purpose belt

Back
Top Bottom