Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I didn't listen yet and I probably won't until release date....

I just came to post that this was basically the same reaction Relapse got, with the complaints being the beats and the accent.

This time the complaints are the beats and the singing...

The difference is that Em is on some serious tip on this album. Spittin about real topics that matter, and mean something to people. It's like he made and album full of songs like Deja Vu and Beautiful which are two of the tracks that people thought were amazing on Relapse. 

It's safe to say that the only song you would want to press skip on, out of 17, is the Rihanna one.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I didn't listen yet and I probably won't until release date....

I just came to post that this was basically the same reaction Relapse got, with the complaints being the beats and the accent.

This time the complaints are the beats and the singing...
nooooooooo you dont understand ... you have no idea what he just did on this ... this makes relapse look like he was just #%!%*!! around (and actually he says he was) ... "encore i was on drugs and relapse i was flushin um out"

Originally Posted by glasses

It's safe to say that the only song you would want to press skip on, out of 17, is the Rihanna one.
nah son, that song is dope as hell. love that song. not afraid is probably the worst song on the album and that's saying something.

So far its
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Only song I dont like is WTP (and thats only the 2nd half of it) & the singing on Not Afraid

WTP takes it slam BACK to his early days ... IMO he blended sslp, mmlp and tes and added the lyrical prowess of infinite ... the result is Recovery ... this is EXACTLY what i wanted from Em ...

Are we listening to the same album? His delivery is still trash, and hes still yelling/singing fot no reason. Dammit why cant he spit like mmlp again? Lyrics are still the best however, I guess I'll give him that. Too bad i cant sit through it. I've officially gave up on Eminem.
His first 4 albums will forever stay in rotation though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

WTP takes it slam BACK to his early days ... IMO he blended sslp, mmlp and tes and added the lyrical prowess of infinite ... the result is Recovery ... this is EXACTLY what i wanted from Em ...

yea its exactly what everyone has been wanting from em... and what i think is great is that its 17 tracks of annihilation not even any skits.. album is crazy

Originally Posted by GetThisMoney

Are we listening to the same album? His delivery is still trash, and hes still yelling/singing fot no reason. Dammit why cant he spit like mmlp again? Lyrics are still the best however, I guess I'll give him that. Too bad i cant sit through it. I've officially gave up on Eminem.
pimp.gif

Wow. We'll have to agree to disagree. Imho, this album can hang with those first few. I'm loving it on 1st listen.

Cant find this or thank me later...why has music become so hard to find on the iterwebz all of a sudden?

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

It's a shame that Just Blaze reference track didn't make the final cut...damn shame! it woulda been the hottest track on it,

what song would that be?

pimp.gif

singing/yelling for no reason? He doesn't have an awful singing voice. It's not like Juelz trying to sing or something like that. I like the harmonizing thruout the album. As far as his tenacity goes, the things he's talking about are deep emotionally driven so if he's rappin like Fabolous it would sound boring.

pimp.gif

i am completely lost ...

I agree with what a lot are saying about the singing being annoying, but I'd rather hear him sing horribly than use autotune

Originally Posted by TiDE619

I agree with what a lot are saying about the singing being annoying, but I'd rather hear him sing horribly than use autotune

he probably still used autotune... and he's not off key its just his whiney %$@ voice...

the hooks for the most part are garbage, but he MORE than makes up for it with his lyrics and production.

Back
Top Bottom