***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

Rain man was one of the best songs on Encore. I forgot how much of Relapse Dr. Dre produced. Every track except one
sick.gif
, please don't let that happen with this one too.

I'm listening to Relapse right now, I liked it but IMO Encore and Recovery were better than it. To the person who said that he wasn't using the accents pick any song on Relapse then pick a song off Recovery. He's using the accent on the entire thing
This repped

It sounds stupid but i couldn't' really get past the accent on every song. It literally ruined the album for me. It was hard to focus on the lyrics when the tone was just killing my ears. But i guess if that didn't bother you i can see how people liked the album (still not better then recovery though)
I can feel you on that, it turned a lot of people off. I remember when it dropped it was the number 1-5 complaint about it. It wasnt ideal but I still mess with it.
It was over after The Eminem Show and everybody knows it. 
You're wylin Gilla. Recovery and Encore were flames.

this dude's gimmick got old a long time ago.
people praise him for being an all-time elite lyricist, and that glorification is due
But the content was always lacking.
It was either murder/rape rap or bust.
I was never dancing to an Em record in the club.
dudes catalog is extremely shaky man lol.

....and for the record Em was indeed a wordsmith
but the greatest flow of this era belongs to Sean Carter
flow is much smoother and wittier.
Enjoy the new record and I look forward to the disappointing reviews
because those new records are not it.

Last edited:
^ Stan
The way I am
White America
Toy soldiers
Mocking bird
Not afraid
Rock bottom
Cleaning out my closet
Sing for the moment
Till I collapse

These are all songs that don't use the gimmick you speak of and none of them were bust

tumblr_lmrfycO2BP1qgxdtt.gif

****** in here are laughable...
So one minute people say he fell off and is just gimmicky and call solid albums about life trash
And here we go with a Jayz reference for what reason when the same dude talks about death,drugs and money consistently and that's not gimmicky...
There never will be a middle ground in these musical arguments...
It's cool if you think Em fell off, it's cool if you don't like Recovery but stop seating here like this man still doesn't have it or say people like an album just because of his name, that right there is ridiculous and down right ignorant...
Don't we all buy albums because of the "name" behind it....
As a whole I can name several rappers or musical artist period that have put out subpar records in the past years, so stop acting like EM is over glorified because MCHG, even though I like Jay, by far that's not his best, I could really be a fool and say since "American Gangster" all his albums have been lacking but I am not that narrow minded like some of you cats...Do I like the flow on "Berserk", No
Do I like the beat ,Hell yeah
You the same type of dudes that will **** on The Beastie Boys, this song is very similar to "Sabotage" but since Rick Rubin produced that, guaranteed you thought that was trash...
Clown ***, Duck ****** are never happy, lol

Last edited:
he's got alot to prove this time, seems everyone has written dude off as one of the great ones. Encore was weak but had some some good songs, Relapse would of been better without the accent but it wasn't too bad and Recovery was good at first but replay value was lacking. i still think he should of never named this upcoming album MMLP2. it's gonna be hard to live up to the original.

^ Stan
The way I am
White America
Toy soldiers
Mocking bird
Not afraid
Rock bottom
Cleaning out my closet
Sing for the moment
Till I collapse

These are all songs that don't use the gimmick you speak of and none of them were bust

respect. well composed list.
some of those records I don't rock with
but the others are stellar for the most part
point taken.

So one minute people say he fell off and is just gimmicky and call solid albums about life trash
And here we go with a Jayz reference for what reason when the same dude talks about death,drugs and money consistently and that's not gimmicky...
It's cool if you think Em fell off, it's cool if you don't like Recovery but stop seating here like this man still doesn't have it or say people like an album just because of his name, that right there is ridiculous and down right ignorant...
As a whole I can name several rappers or musical artist period that have put out subpar records in the past years, so stop acting like EM is over glorified because MCHG, even though I like Jay, by far that's not his best, I could really be a fool and say since "American Gangster" all his albums have been lacking but I am not that narrow minded like some of you cats...Do I like the flow on "Berserk", No
You the same type of dudes that will **** on The Beastie Boys, this song is very similar to "Sabotage" but since Rick Rubin produced that, guaranteed you thought that was trash...

....wild emotional.
son's most recent material is forgettable,
just accept that
in the same vein I can accept Kingdom Come was an abomination and Vol. 3 was lackluster.
Don't bring MCHG into the equation though.
that record is better than any of Em's recent work
and has more replay value than a large portion of Eminem's catalog
so stop lol
Em should have hung it up a while ago
Jay is still solid but I truly wouldn't mind if he didnt make another record.
However the game needs Jay-Z material.
Em not so much.

....wild emotional.
just accept that
in the same vein I can accept Kingdom Come was an abomination and Vol. 3 was lackluster.
so stop lol
Em not so much.
Vol. 3 was ill, you trippin

Rain man was one of the best songs on Encore. I forgot how much of Relapse Dr. Dre produced. Every track except one :x, please don't let that happen with this one too.

I'm listening to Relapse right now, I liked it but IMO Encore and Recovery were better than it. To the person who said that he wasn't using the accents pick any song on Relapse then pick a song off Recovery. He's using the accent on the entire thing

Relapse had some accents but some of them actually went with his flow. 3AM had the accent but it was fine with his flow. Bagpipes from Baghdad too. It's a little annoying but with songs like Stay Wide Awake, Music Box, Medicine Ball and so on. I don't mind. Love Relapse. It had that silliness of his old work.

Recovery, I only liked Cold Wind Blows, Seduction and Not Afraid

Last edited:

Please don't compare this average at best song to Sabotage, it's not even close.

I honestly don't understand why some of you can't accept that never in the history of human civilization will 100% of the population have the same opinion on something. When you do acknowledge that someone has a different opinion than you, you try to tell them why they're wrong and why your opinion is better. It's better to elaborate on why you think that with examples and references to back up your opinion. 

This. Can the Recovery and Relapse crap go elsewhere. At least talk about the song that just dropped.

....wild emotional.
just accept that
so stop lol
Em not so much.
laugh.gif
 @ the game needing ANYONE'S material. 

Jay - KC, Blueprint 3, MCHG 

All were subpar albums compared to his previous material. So basically apart from a concept album and a collaborative album, Jay hasn't released great material since 2005. IMO MCHG got better with more spins, but half of the album was terrible compared to what Jay used to put out. 

The same can be said about Em. His albums after the Eminem Show are subpar compared to his previous work (save for one collabo album and a movie soundtrack). And in the same way they both have very limited subject matter. Just because Jay raps about things that more people can relate to doesn't mean he's more creative than Em, it just means his content has a broader audience. If anything that makes Em's accomplishments that much more bewildering. Dude took subject matter that most didn't see as profitable and turned it into something people wanted to hear about.

"He's talking about big screen tv's, blunts, 40's and *******. You're talking about homosexuals and vicodin." - Steve Berman

The difference between Em and Jay is that Jay lacks the lyrical panache that he used to. 

Ex:

Black card go hard when I'm shopping

Boat dock in front of Hermes picking cotton
Silk and fleeces,  lay on my Jesus
Oh my God, I hope y'all don't get seasick

Whereas Em can still spit.

Ex:

Like a magician, critics I turn to crickets
Got 'em still on the fence whether to pick it
But quick to get it impaled when I tell 'em stick it
So sick I'm looking pale, oh that's my pigment
'Bout to go ham, ya bish, shout out to Kendrick

Reactions: sb
I just want to see what comes out of Dr.Dre and Rick Rubin putting their heads together...
Not to mention that EMINEM is the vehicle they get to use in this effort.
I don't think people fully comprehend the magnitude of this trio.
:smokin

I just want to see what comes out of Dr.Dre and Rick Rubin putting their heads together...
Not to mention that EMINEM is the vehicle they get to use in this effort.
I don't think people fully comprehend the magnitude of this trio.
:smokin

While this may be true, Dre def isn't what he used to be on the boards, and Em has completely lost it. I wish I saw the appeal but I don't. Dre is laughable these days and has been for a minute.

this dude's gimmick got old a long time ago.
people praise him for being an all-time elite lyricist, and that glorification is due
But the content was always lacking.
It was either murder/rape rap or bust.
I was never dancing to an Em record in the club.
dudes catalog is extremely shaky man lol.

....and for the record Em was indeed a wordsmith
but the greatest flow of this era belongs to Sean Carter
flow is much smoother and wittier.
Enjoy the new record and I look forward to the disappointing reviews
because those new records are not it.

To be fair, I never really listened to eminem to go out and dance in the club.

Back
Top Bottom