Official February 2014 Pick Up Thread, Let's see what Your Valentine got you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the XV, but what makes the ones you got PEs? They were sold on eastbay in those colors, and white/green, and white/Tar Heel blue

I love the XV, but what makes the ones you got PEs? They were sold on eastbay in those colors, and white/green, and white/Tar Heel blue

Jordan brand created 4 colorways as PEs for college and NBA teams: white/black, white/red, white/purple, and white/pine. They were not initially released with the other OG colorways, and after basketball season was over, Nike allocated leftover stock of those 4 colorways to Eastbay for distribution. It was a mildly limited release with not all sizes available (college/professional basketball players tend to have bigger feet). The fact that Eastbay was the only retailer to get these + the fact that pretty much no one liked XVs + the limited size run made publicly available makes these pretty rare but not too sought after.

#historylesson

UNCs were from the regular release. There was a 4th color though - I think it might have been purple.

Jordan brand created 4 colorways as PEs for college and NBA teams: white/black, white/red, white/purple, and white/pine. They were not initially released with the other OG colorways, and after basketball season was over, Nike allocated leftover stock of those 4 colorways to Eastbay for distribution. It was a mildly limited release with not all sizes available (college/professional basketball players tend to have bigger feet). The fact that Eastbay was the only retailer to get these + the fact that pretty much no one liked XVs + the limited size run made publicly available makes these pretty rare but not too sought after.

#historylesson

Yeah... still not PEs though, in the sense that people use that term. ...Though that term has been so completely abused that it really doesn't mean anything anymore.

Shoes made available to the public via retail aren't really PEs, despite what they may say on the box or how they are marketed. Yes - that even goes for Sugar Ray and Q-Rich 8s from HOH, or Ray Allen 13s. Those were remakes of PEs.

Most of the Brons that people post aren't PEs either - at best, they are F/Fs.

Last edited:

from what I've read up on them, these were PEs that were made in excess and eastbay sold em.

Guess I wasn't done for the month after all, but this last one was just a good deal.  These are made with really high quality materials, and were once a $250 shoe.  I got them for $98 shipped.

I can't make it work.

I have no problems posting pics on any other forum.  

copped today along with the shirt. the details on these are :smokin

Nice man. you didn't pick up the hat?

Not of a fan of the CW for shoes. But at Nike not making enough pairs to go around if some of the money goes to a good cause. Seems like a lot of people wanted them

Nice man. you didn't pick up the hat?

Not of a fan of the CW for shoes. But at Nike not making enough pairs to go around if some of the money goes to a good cause. Seems like a lot of people wanted them
I didn't see the hat when I purchased. I'll probably buy the hat tomorrow or something when I go to buy the ligers. Can't wait to rock the kicks, hope a 12 aint small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom