OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Is it crazy Utd finished 2nd in the table like 2 seasons ago? Now this?
False dawn, 'Pool had major injuries throughout the season and the rest of the top 4 clubs underperformed.

Was also a long COVID break in the middle and the majority of matches were played behind closed doors without fans.

Saw the squads real level last season once things got back to normal...

1660411709110.gif

English media gonna English media. Redknapp going in on Eriksen and Martinez for “not being good enough” when mandem really got Maguire, Shaw, and Dalot in their backline 😂😂😂

I didn’t think of them much until I started listening more to some podcast. The pedestal they put these English players on :smh:

united/eth is the perfect example of why managers shouldn't be allowed to handle talent ID and sporting director duties. most good tactical managers are horrible at finding talent and picking the players they want. very few guys can do both well (klopp, pep, conte) consistently. flick is an incredible tactical manager, but dude wanted us to buy gotze, ginter, werner, havertz, etc.

ETH flourished at ajax with an amazing team behind him finding the talent and handling that side of the squad. united goofed the second they let him push rangnick out so he could try and handle that job. rangnick wasn't the right guy to be manager, but his ability to find talent and build a squad is unmatched. plus, they would've had the close partnership with salzburg + leipzig and gotten a lot of their talents early before they blew up. huge blunder

Why the f.u.k is Steve McLaren on the coaching staff? Knew this team was doomed when I saw that in the off-season.

I legit thought brentford got relegated before today's game

Not just Ronaldo who doesn’t deserve this.

It’s Varane too.

9 CL titles between the two.

Let them leave together in a package.

united/eth is the perfect example of why managers shouldn't be allowed to handle talent ID and sporting director duties. most good tactical managers are horrible at finding talent and picking the players they want. very few guys can do both well (klopp, pep, conte) consistently. flick is an incredible tactical manager, but dude wanted us to buy gotze, ginter, werner, havertz, etc.

ETH flourished at ajax with an amazing team behind him finding the talent and handling that side of the squad. united goofed the second they let him push rangnick out so he could try and handle that job. rangnick wasn't the right guy to be manager, but his ability to find talent and build a squad is unmatched. plus, they would've had the close partnership with salzburg + leipzig and gotten a lot of their talents early before they blew up. huge blunder
Also, what can't be overlooked is that ajax had their pick of young talent. They didn't have the same competition for players. Ten hag's ability to pick talent can't be really assessed cause he's def not getting the players he wants. I doubt he came to Manchester with rabiot on his list

Back
Top Bottom