OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Also, what can't be overlooked is that ajax had their pick of young talent. They didn't have the same competition for players. Ten hag's ability to pick talent can't be really assessed cause he's def not getting the players he wants
Yeah, one player can't fix the other 10. He needs atleast 6 of HIS players in the lineup. And we're talking about United here. The players mentals are shattered, so he may need a full 11.

Brentford now have the sun in their eyes. United gotta capitalize

Outchea just trying to stay alive like Krillin.

solar flare.gif

Honestly can’t talk too much ****. Only club who’s owners take money out the club. Then only higher inexperienced idiots to run it. What kind of business men don’t see the advantage of getting the most out of your assetS?

Yeah.. it sucked then and sucks now. Glad to see Tommy and trey let you post again.

Smh y’all saying United had nothing to play for this season.. staying up is plenty to play for.
Lol when I post i honestly don't intend to banter. Consider me your shrink, I'm going to tell you what you don't want to hear to promote your growth.

Give me some time, you will soon see value in me.

Yea I’m gonna watch the Milan game.

Brentford are going to take it easy the rest of the way.

I don’t think it can get funnier than the 1st half. :lol:

United gotta take that PSG money and sell Rashford. Meanwhile cristiano probably like, you sure you don't want me too? I'll play for free 🥴

united/eth is the perfect example of why managers shouldn't be allowed to handle talent ID and sporting director duties. most good tactical managers are horrible at finding talent and picking the players they want. very few guys can do both well (klopp, pep, conte) consistently. flick is an incredible tactical manager, but dude wanted us to buy gotze, ginter, werner, havertz, etc.

ETH flourished at ajax with an amazing team behind him finding the talent and handling that side of the squad. united goofed the second they let him push rangnick out so he could try and handle that job. rangnick wasn't the right guy to be manager, but his ability to find talent and build a squad is unmatched. plus, they would've had the close partnership with salzburg + leipzig and gotten a lot of their talents early before they blew up. huge blunder
The possibility of having Ragnick upstairs was the biggest thing I was looking forward to because he knows how to build up a team competently so even though he was an awful manager, I still was looking forward to him having a say in the decision making.

He laid out precisely and minced zero words about what was needed at the club to stop the bleeding yet what do the geniuses at the club do? Completely get rid of him entirely and promote the cronies from within, the same guys who were working under ****ing Woodward for years expecting them to do a job :stoneface:

Ralf was pushing to hire other smart and competent people from elsewhere in Europe too and they did the opposite.

It's why you can't help get the feeling the new manager's been set up to fail. Even though the signings have been his, it's because he doesn't trust any of the scouting at the club and for good reason and he doesn't have anyone else with expertise working with him on the recruitment front. He had a good partnership with Overmars. He has nothing like that at United.

No modern club leaves the recruitment entirely on the managers shoulders yet here we are...even Fergie worked with David Gill.

Just a shame everything wrong right now is stuff we knew about months ago yet all that's genuinely changed is the manager, nothing else to address the structural problems at the club and instead it's all gone backwards since Ralf was supposed to move upstairs to help with that sort of thing after his interim stint last season but they scrapped it entirely.

Knew it was gonna be a long season before it started but it's more gutting right now knowing the people in charge won't ever learn the proper lessons and stay reactive, waiting until full blown crisises to act rather than being proactive.

Scary hours out here :smh:

Back
Top Bottom