OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Watching the Colonizers vs Prisoners and YIKES, Ellie Carpenter might need to just retire from national team play. Girl really had a nightmare leading to getting bullied so bad Hemp used her as a human ragdoll shield for the go ahead goal.

I don't get why it would be gross or people would be mad
wasn't it dropped?
even so wasn't foden in someway involved and he's free to play?
im a fan of greenwoods game, not sure how he is as a person but if he is innocent it would be nice for him to get a chance

I don't get why it would be gross or people would be mad
wasn't it dropped?
even so wasn't foden in someway involved and he's free to play?
im a fan of greenwoods game, not sure how he is as a person but if he is innocent it would be nice for him to get a chance
Have you heard the recordings that Greenwood's victim made?

no, i just saw the case was dropped and imo if they had a chance of conviction i don't get why the case would be dropped
Dude do some reading on the situation. The case was dropped because the victim was bullied by Greenwood (against the courts orders of not contacting her - how he's not in jail for this alone is insane), his parents, and her own parents because of the money they would lose.

The audio recordings and various strings of texts/digital messages makes it clear he raped, beat and abused her. And not for the first time. She recorded that instance for a reason. And because she got bullied into staying silent, the police couldn't do their investigation and take it to court.

I really REALLY hope the public backlash from the leaked plans to bring him back fixes things and he's dropped from the team

no, i just saw the case was dropped and imo if they had a chance of conviction i don't get why the case would be dropped

there's video and photos of her beaten up badly and bleeding plus the recordings of him saying wild ****. it was dropped cause the girls father is a gold digger and pretty much forced her to drop it so they could keep getting paid

Greenwood was 99% probably guilty of the things he was charged with, but he was also 17-19 at the time of the recordings for the most part.

I have hard time saying that someone that young who did something very bad is never deserving of another shot. He did some evil **** but he was a child not an adult.

And while the evidence was damning, at the end of the day the accuser and him now have a child together and I’m sure there is so much more to the story than we know even if in all likelihood it’s information that is damaging to Greenwood and would confirm his guilt.

I just find a lot of the same people having profound outrage turned a blind eye to Kobe/Cristiano or many other over the years.

Greenwood was 99% probably guilty of the things he was charged with, but he was also 17-19 at the time of the recordings for the most part.

I have hard time saying that someone that young who did something very bad is never deserving of another shot. He did some evil **** but he was a child not an adult.

And while the evidence was damning, at the end of the day the accuser and him now have a child together and I’m sure there is so much more to the story than we know even if in all likelihood it’s information that is damaging to Greenwood and would confirm his guilt.

I just find a lot of the same people having profound outrage turned a blind eye to Kobe/Cristiano or many other over the years.
Bad things as a kid ≠ evil **** tho

Sorry, stopping right there. I knew raping and abusing anybody was wrong at 17. It's not difficult to be a normal, non-piece-of-**** at 17 years old. Everything after this sentence sounds like you're handwaving his actions because he was younger, which I hope isn't the case.

I can't wrap my head around why the court would pursue charges
and the whataboutisms kinda dont make sense, but if ur going to mention people dont forget ben rotlisberger lol
Oh boy, here comes the what-aboutism to defend yet another vile act.

His second chance is not being in jail and being free to live his life. Getting to be a multi-millionaire footballer is a bit much for "a second chance" after doing what he did.
I agree, second chance should be freedom if he is guilty.

overall a messy situation, im surprised united want him despite the situation

No, I just believe that our brains are still developing significantly at 17 and that people deserve second chances. When I got out of university my first job was teaching GED classes at a homeless shelter with people who’ve raped, murdered etc, people who once did really heinous things and I’ve gotten to know those people and believe they changed and people who can do “evil” things have the capability to not be defined by past mistakes.

I think ideally he should have been charged and gone to prison and served time and been able to come out and have a fair chance after at rejoining society.

Unfortunately the case was dropped and that won’t happen now so we’re in this awkward position of him being legally innocent but clearly guilty of something. Ultimately, we don’t know the extent of really what happened. The audio recordings are bad but it’s not a huge leap to believe it sounded like a teenager pressuring his girlfriend into sex. The photos of her bloody are obviously far more damning and made me feel disgust seeing them.

I will never feel good about him playing but I also draw the line at the idea that someone who wasn’t charged with anything shouldn’t be able to ever be employed again. I’d prefer it wasn’t on my club but I can understand the desire to keep him from those inside the club.

I live in a country rooted in genocide of natives and the enslavement of Africans. Part of the reason I dropped my interest in the NFL overtime is I couldn’t get over just the profound racism embedded in the game. I guess what I’m saying is I’ve learned to separate my personal morality from sports because if you put the two together, you’ll constantly be disappointed at the results.

If people want to drop their support of the club I think it’s fine and I totally understand that. I’m surprised that the club isn’t at least exploring a loan or any other option besides apparently bring him right back in and think it’s a mistake and will hurt the squad by bringing negativity around it.

Last edited:

IMG_1560.jpeg

Fans in the background played that game perfectly. Their team (AUS or ENG) is going home a winner :lol:

Y'all way too invested in the greenwood situation.

Shorty went and got pregnant and now has a kid with him. She must not be too bright if she was being abused or only cares about the money and lifestyle

Back
Top Bottom