• Denmark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netherlands

• Other

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Shoutout Oscar Bobb the young man been good since making it into the first team. He’s a keeper silky player and his composure on that winner was out of this world

I been holding back from saying it outta respect to KDB still being that guy but Rodri Lowkey is the best player in this team

The best player in the league is back

The best midfielder in the world is back

God did I miss this man

1705175377252.png

1705175395515.png

1705175412111.png

Kenan Thompson GIFs | Tenor

Shoutout Oscar Bobb the young man been good since making it into the first team. He’s a keeper silky player and his composure on that winner was out of this world

The composure and skill there were amazing :pimp:

KDB coming on for 25 minutes with a goal and assist :lol:

Rodri and KDB have different roles though.
KDB is in my somewhat biased opinion (Belgian but I despise City) the best allaround midfielder currently. I also think Rodri is the best in his role. Neither can do what the other fulfills in their role.

These past few times over the year where Rodri was out for an extended period of time, I think we’ve seen that Rodri is arguably more important to City doing well than KDB. At least when it comes to consistency over a season.

A lot of people dismiss Rodri because he’s not flashy or racking up insane passes and loads of assist (or even because his stats on Fifa are dog**** :lol: )but it’s plain to see that City without Rodri is a severe downgrade, more so than City without De Bruyne.

Without de Bruyne, they’re still scoring a good amount of goals.
Without Rodri, they’re leaking goals and losses that almost certainly wouldn’t have happened in any multiverse if Rodri was playing.

Last edited:
Rodri and KDB have different roles though.
KDB is in my somewhat biased opinion (Belgian but I despise City) the best allaround midfielder currently. I also think Rodri is the best in his role. Neither can do what the other fulfills in their role.

These past few times over the year where Rodri was out for an extended period of time, I think we’ve seen that Rodri is arguably more important to City doing well than KDB. At least when it comes to consistency over a season.

A lot of people dismiss Rodri because he’s not flashy or racking up insane passes and loads of assist (or even because his stats on Fifa are dog**** :lol: )but it’s plain to see that City without Rodri is a severe downgrade, more so than City without De Bruyne.

Without de Bruyne, they’re still scoring a good amount of goals.
Without Rodri, they’re leaking goals and losses that almost certainly wouldn’t have happened in any multiverse if Rodri was playing.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying. We’ve had great CDMs before like Fernandinho but the difference between great and world class is something and even then the difference between world class and best in your position is just hard to quantify you just gotta see it. Not saying Rodri is at Busquets at his best but I do now fully understand how Barcelona fans felt watching someone at that position being the best at it in the world and how significant that is to how everything functions, ifs a night and day difference.
I wish he put this one away yesterday would’ve been beautiful. Was a good save by Newcastle keeper tho.

CE27070F-E6A7-49A0-B26F-66953FC8CFC7.gif

Funny thing is tho the fact that Rodri could even go up and attempt something like this in a game is cause of KDB too. We were still scoring without KDB and things looked well but the belief I had that we were gonna score and make something happen when he’s on the pitch is completely different than when he’s not. I go from thinking “I hope we find a way to score” to “we should score” everything looks sharper and more dangerous when he out there conducting things

What I would give to have seen a prime Yaya in a midfield 3 with KDB and Rodri….

Last edited:
What I would give to have seen a prime Yaya in a midfield 3 with KDB and Rodri….
I wouldn't wish prime Yaya Touré just by himself on any opponent :lol:
Dude was the epitome of what pure dominance looks like
In that one season, 2013 if I recall correctly, he was putting dominating every inch of the midfield while also putting up top level striker numbers of goals.

Super Eagles down...

Nice finish from Edu.

Interestingly enough he's Spanish born but has a grandfather from Guinea so that's why he reps them.

He's known as Iban Salvador in Spain and Iban Edu in Africa :lol:

Osimhen and Nigeria with the IMMEDIATE response :rofl:

Looks like they needed to concede first to come alive :lol:, scored less than a minute later

Osimhen and Nigeria with the IMMEDIATE response :rofl:

Looks like they needed to concede first to come alive :lol:, scored less than a minute later
The AFCON isn't being aired on my subscription channel unfortunately but I'll be rooting for Senegal for my guy Pepe Sarr. He's an incredible young talent and very good at reading the game for his age. He's in the squad but idk if he'll play much, or at all, after he had to come off due to an injury.
Hopefully Bissouma does well too but I'm not familiar with Mali's squad, I don't see them getting far.

So my second favorite would probably be Nigeria, based purely on loving their influence on fashion with those geometric patterns.
The brand Missoni seems to take a lot of inspiration from that, I remember tomdiginson tomdiginson recommending that brand to me for that reason and I've bought some stuff from them since then that I've really enjoyed.
This was one I recently ordered, and these kind of patterns always remind me of Nigeria's fashion, which is also reflected in the design of their national team kits.
d3abec3cdf9d7b35c10c2e23ea16b1b2.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom