OFFICIAL FREDDIE GIBBS THREAD - Piñata IS OUT NOW!

Man

I have a homie who from near Gary which is Gibbs hood and he used to swear by him in like 2012

I was like man dude is from INDIANA he prolly trash and barely gave him a chance

he has grown as an artist like crazy and been dope as ****

I apologize to my homie now when his music come on 😂😂😂

Man

I have a homie who from near Gary which is Gibbs hood and he used to swear by him in like 2012

I was like man dude is from INDIANA he prolly trash and barely gave him a chance

he has grown as an artist like crazy and just been dope project after project

I apologize to the homie now when his music come on 😂😂😂

That makes literally zero sense in my mind. What makes him one of the best is his versatility is unparalleled. Some of my favorite joints from Kane came from SOAD.

I remember buying it and I swear I couldn't get passed Rearview or Narcos that whole weekend. Imagine never hearing those. :wow: :smh:

That makes literally zero sense in my mind. What makes him one of the best is his versatility is unparalleled. Some of my favorite joints from Kane came from SOAD.

I remember buying it and I swear I couldn't get passed Rearview or Narcos that whole weekend. Imagine never hearing those. :wow: :smh:
*raises hand* Listening to SOAD now and ran Rearview back a good 4 times. Don’t know how I missed it. I listened to Cold Day In Hell when it dropped and became a fan (B.A.N.ned is a gym playlist staple). Kinda forgot about Gibbs until he popped up on Scottie Pippens and been checking for him since.

I know I started the run at 2wice but Gibbs has been dropping quality projects for almost 10 years now.

Cats really be sleeping on 2wice, & Shadow of a Doubt as well. 2wice is a flawless LP in my book.

Crazy that they're still some cornballs out there saying they can only listen to him on Madlib beats.

My position on Alfredo is unchanged, really don't feel like Alchemist did this project justice.

But I can't talk rap music with someone who doesn't acknowledge Freddie's greatness.

His skill AND his catalog are straight up elite. One some all time ****. Top tier live performer too.

After 10+ years of output, he's simply one of the best to ever do it. No qualifiers needed.

freddie-collage.jpg

IMO these 9 mixtapes and albums can go toe-to-toe with any rap discography out there.

To be honest I haven't thoroughly revisited either of these in over 10 years. I always intend to, but I get pulled into one of the above instead. Theses two mixtapes started it all for me though, I still remember them being exceptional.

The Miseducation Of Freddie Gibbs Mixtape by Freddie Gibbs

DJ Skee Presents Freddie Gibbs ...

Gibbs has put out so much quality music over the course of his career that he got B-grade projects (by his standards) not named here that get lost in the shuffle, and are still better than some respected rappers entire catalogs.

Ima save acknowledging all the classic Gibbs feature verses for another day. :smh:

Scottie Beam :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: Gibbs doesn't miss...

I've could watch this five times a day and never get sick of it -

Back
Top Bottom