OFFICIAL: GAME 1 NBA FINALS CELTICS VS LAKERS 6.3.10 9pm ET ABC

Originally Posted by DMan14

is it true that doc rivers is mulling retirement after this season, win or loss? thibs next in line?

Alot of rumblings that he is going to step aside after this season, has 1 year left on his contract, wouldnt call it a retirement as he will be back on the bench w/in 2 years. 

In regards to Thibodeaux, listening to local sports talk radio, he would 100% not be the coach of the C's should Rivers step aside. 

While I dislike a lot of the Lakers bandwagon fanbase and Kobe winning another ring would only fuel the "Kobe is greater than Jordan" arguments, I just can't root for the Celtics. Maybe if Doc, Ray, and Nate could win a ring and the rest wouldn't
laugh.gif

I'd much rather see Kobe get his revenge than KG and Paul "The Oscar Winner" Pierce win another one.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Brent Barry admitting he's a hater of the purple and gold. CP, Notorious...remember this dude predicted at the start of the season that LA would fall to the silver and black in the WCF this year. Spurs?
nerd.gif

--One more day till game day...
pimp.gif
Brent? Or Jon Barry? I know Jon Barry played like a season with Kobe like in his rookie or 2nd year in the league.

--Brent Barry. Sits next to either Eric Snow or Steve Smith on NBA TV. With that Bron slurper Rick Kamla.
I dunno about Rick Kamla being a slurper. He went in on Bron big time with that whole dancing thingy he did against the Bulls. Dude dedicated his segment to going off on him about that.

And yeah, Brent admitted on NBA TV that he's not a fan of the purple and gold.

i remember jon barry, eddie and nicky v were the mentors for kob' that year in 1998

as far as brent barry its a known fact hes a Laker hater and it was only a matter of time he came out and admitted it...being he played for the clips and had to endure having his team in the shadow of the Lakeshow then of course playing for the spurs still over that no call in game 4

aside from brent barry i think tim legler is a Laker hater as well or probably just a bron stan...he seems to always comment against the Lakers

anyways i dont think national analysts not local should be unbiased and stay neutral...thats why i wasnt really fond of bill "lame"beer as analyst for espn during 2004

just my thoughts
ohwell.gif

I think Brent Barry is Doo Doo. 

But yeah, I remember him glossing the Spurs as if they were some threat.  I laughed then, I laugh now. 
roll.gif

Ya'll try not to get banned tonight, and hopefully Yuku lets ya'll post and maybe this thread will get to 20 pages. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ima go hang out in the NBA and Laker thread for the day. 

Originally Posted by isu42

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by CP1708

I know the Celts like to claim dominance, and we can't really argue much, but really?  All those wins in the 50's and 60's before our parents were even born? 
laugh.gif
  Ok

LA vs Boston is 2-2 in my lifetime.  With LA having 9 titles and Boston having 4 titles.  This one is big for us. 

I don't discredit Boston's titles from back then, they won their 8 postseason games a year in an 8 team league, I am impressed, but in the past 35 years, since things have grown mightily, it has not been a green world, it's been a helluva lot more Purple and Gold then anything. 
smokin.gif

But enough of all this talk, 26 hours away from what matters.  Can't wait. 

all i know is the Lakers are 2-1 against the Celtics in the Finals in my lifetime and their 7 titles since I was born is the most in professional sports from 1985-now.  Also I know the Lakers 10 titles are the most in professional sports in the modern era as well 1970-present.

also teams like the Yankees and Celtics who won most of their titles in the 1950's and 1960's had it much easier due to their being less teams and less playoff rounds. Prior to 1969 in baseball, the team with the best record and the national league met the team with the best record in the american league in the world series and that was that, no alcs, nlcs, or nlds, or alds so it was much easier to win titles for them back then, also with the Celtics it was way less playoff rounds back in the 1960's when they won the majority of their titles. In the end both those teams titles from that era are legit though because they were the best team those years they won and they managed to win and be the best in the league the played in but in the modern era the Lakers are the best team in professional sports.

Less then 24 hours left til game time though
pimp.gif

I enjoyed the "let's talk about the parts of history that make my team appear most dominant".  17 > 15   
I know right? And people wonder why I downright loathe the Lakers fan base. 

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Brent Barry admitting he's a hater of the purple and gold. CP, Notorious...remember this dude predicted at the start of the season that LA would fall to the silver and black in the WCF this year. Spurs?
nerd.gif

--One more day till game day...
pimp.gif
Brent? Or Jon Barry? I know Jon Barry played like a season with Kobe like in his rookie or 2nd year in the league.

--Brent Barry. Sits next to either Eric Snow or Steve Smith on NBA TV. With that Bron slurper Rick Kamla.
I dunno about Rick Kamla being a slurper. He went in on Bron big time with that whole dancing thingy he did against the Bulls. Dude dedicated his segment to going off on him about that.

And yeah, Brent admitted on NBA TV that he's not a fan of the purple and gold.
Can't blame him & also not surprised when dude played on the Clippers,Sonics, and won a ring with the Spurs.

Hate the Celtics. Hate most Celtics fans. Hate green. Hate Bill Russell. Hate Bird. Hate Mchale. Hate Cheif. Hate Danny Ainge. Hate Doc. Hate KG, Ray, and PP. Hate Kendrick and Rondo. Hate 1984. Hate 2008......HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!!!!

SOME MAJOR CURB STOMPING BETTER BE DONE TONIGHT!!!!!! LETS GET IT! LIKE MAGIC SAID, "BUCKLE YOUR SEAT BELTS. LAKERS, CELTICS, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Hate the Celtics. Hate most Celtics fans. Hate green. Hate Bill Russell. Hate Bird. Hate Mchale. Hate Cheif. Hate Danny Ainge. Hate Doc. Hate KG, Ray, and PP. Hate Kendrick and Rondo. Hate 1984. Hate 2008......HATE HATE HATE HATE!!!!!!

SOME MAJOR CURB STOMPING BETTER BE DONE TONIGHT!!!!!! LETS GET IT! LIKE MAGIC SAID, "BUCKLE YOUR SEAT BELTS. LAKERS, CELTICS, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

just because of this post im rooting for the celts.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

ok...............coool.................

I wish i was @ Staples. And SMFH at Paulina saying that LA fans aint real fans of basketball. *%%+#%* idiot

Lakers lets go!!

I wanna see Kobe get his 5th, jump like MJ and throw his hand in the air and say 'FIVE!'. (seriously)

man that 37 point BEATDOWN have yall furious huh, why yall dont admit the truth defense had kobe in check in 08, i hope yall win cause i wouldn't want to here yall sorry excuses. tonight lakers getting done on them home court 4 hrs aprox.

LETS GO LAKESHOW!!!!!I PREDICT BANS/SUSPENSIONS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH...

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Im glad I dictate what you do in your life princess. Have fun on the losing side.

Back
Top Bottom