OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
you're basically jorah of NT

tenor.gif

Curious: not a particular fan of either Sansa or Daenerys, but why you are a fan of one and not other?
Both suffered quite a bit and survived to be stronger. Both had support of their factions.
Just wondering. Serious.

no dany didnt have the support she was supposed to

when tyrion and varys pledged to her they promised her westeros support

and did nothing to gain it

dany suffering was different from sansa because she didnt grow up privileged or expecting her throne

she knew she had to fight for it and she did

i respect that more than sansa who wanted to marry joffrey and betrayed her own father

i was expecting a bad bad ending and would hate the show and never rewatch.....this was ok ending, i see what they did, they rushed dany being the mad queen and bran on the throne seems off but i believe this is what the author wanted....he says he would do it differently but i'm sure it will come out he wanted bran on throne....the author is all over the place.....

biggest issue of the episode is how does jon snow live, he has to die, either drgon or gray worm....thats fact...its madness that he got to live even hour after it was figured out.....either he dies OR you make him take over the as the king of all OR you make him get away....NOT LET GO

also loved how i had no idea who stabbed who, at first i thought it was dany stabbing him...because thats what i was expecting....and what she should have done.....she was queen for a min though :smile:

bran being on the throne is good if he had a story, if he didnt go around saying nonsense, i'm not bran i'm 3 eyed raven, if he was a bit cocky even.
would have been cool if they showed the convo with tyrion and bran and bran tells tyrion all that would happen and that they would rule together or something to that effect....i wouldnt be at all shocked if they made this into a movie in a few years.

bran was so cold to jon and sisters and that girl he let leave but now he is joking around and talking about someone to be the master of whispers WTF dude YOU ARE THE MASTER OF WHISPERS.....and you know all shouldnt you be telling your team where they can dig for gold since you can see the future? dude is going where to eat a snack?!?! fly around as a raven?

why didnt bran help provide tips for the war to come other than offering himself as bate......what were this guys powers? they seem amazing......he had to know what telling jon about his parents would do, he had to know about dany will lose 2 dragons.....if he offers tips and he can put dany on the iron throne no problem.....if he says hey jon tell your chick to never go over the wall with her dragons because thats they only way the NK gets out he helps dany become queens......if he knew this he set the NK free, it was all his fault

id rather the story be that he was a cocky kid who planned this, show me that. kind of like primal fear movie....they don't have to show all the things he was doing to set this up in the first 5 eps but the last ep after it happens they can show us that he planned this all, wanted this from the second he woke up and knew who pushed him(like usual suspects movie)

and again insane that they all allowed a stark to rule the kingdoms ALL except the north? WHAT, the counsel should have been like nah if the north is independent so are we. to me if you wanted the cheesy happy ending then all kingdoms are independent and bran is like senior counsel to help them.
and again why are the kingdoms listening to tyrion? tyrion telling them that a boy that knows all the worlds stories? 1. how do they know this? they JUST meet BRAN, HELLO!?!? 2. did the citadel get blown up, no more books? why do we need him for his stories??
on earth there have been humans here for many more years than our written word knows.....we are doing pretty good.....

I would have changed 2 things. 1 jon gets killed right away and 2. sanisa becomes queen of all kingdoms

if you truly hate the show ending then don't watch spin offs

was this ending out there for spoilers that people said weeks ago that was out there? i had a feeling it would be sanisa or ayra as it was meant to be a stark but this bran kid came out of no where really.

someone else also pointed out the 3 eyed raven was hundreds of years old....willl bran be like that also? could there be new show in 10 years where its 200 years in the future and he is evil and needs to be killed by jon snows blood line???

i see a lot of spin off shows, hope they keep them 2-3 seasons long

i talked about 2 movies here that you all should watch
primal fear
the usual suspects

another thing the population of this world has been cut in at least half.....kings landing seems to be the best place to live....why wouldnt the north just move down there....

Last edited:
no dany didnt have the support she was supposed to

when tyrion and varys pledged to her they promised her westeros support

and did nothing to gain it

dany suffering was different from sansa because she didnt grow up privileged or expecting her throne

she knew she had to fight for it and she did

i respect that more than sansa who wanted to marry joffrey and betrayed her own father

I mean they both went through their own ****.

Dany grew up in the city of Pentos with her brother until she joined Khal Drogo (who she eventually ended up loving). She was literally a "Queen" at the end of season 1.

How did Sansa betray Ned?

I mean they both went through their own ****.

Dany grew up in the city of Pentos with her brother until she joined Khal Drogo (who she eventually ended up loving). She was literally a "Queen" at the end of season 1.

How did Sansa betray Ned?

the letter she wrote to winterfell from KL calling ned a traitor

and remember rickon? yea she sacrificed him

The Sins of Sansa Stark

e923e9abd687246ceb720c4bcbe78e9737e91f8d197a324e92b064b48229352535fea153ba833620195257add58924fb.jpg

https://theweek.com/articles/719617/sins-sansa-stark

"Beyond the Wall" proved that Sansa has an Arya problem, and worse, that she intends to solve it.

While dragons and wights duked it out on a frozen lake, Sansa and Arya were playing out what promises to be a tense Shakespearean tragedy back home. The occasion for the conflict is admittedly a little shaky — Arya's rage over Sansa's message home from King's Landing seems disproportionate, especially since her training as a human lie detector means she can presumably tell Sansa is telling the truth. But the foundation for this conflict between the sisters feels true. They've never liked each other, and their dialogue here is some of the best we've seen since Game of Thrones outpaced the books. Arya's innocent recollection of Ned Stark watching her learn to shoot in defiance of the rules sharpens beautifully into an ugly accusation: Sansa betrayed her family.

Here's what's surprising about this: Arya's right. And this episode goes a long way toward proving it.

This scene between the sisters is grim, it's great, and it calls Sansa out on a lot of fuzzy reasoning. Although Arya's wrong about the details, she's right about the essentials: Sansa does want to rule. She wants to be good, too, but she wants to be thought good even more. As for what she's actually done? Well, the pattern of behavior Arya sketches out may be incredibly unfair, but it isn't exactly untrue. "You were just a scared little girl all alone with the wicked Lannisters," Arya sarcastically says — pointing out that while this line might work on Jon, Lyanna Mormont, young as she is, would never buy it. Nor would she ever have done what Sansa did.

More interesting than Arya's venomous accusation, however, is Sansa's cool account of how Winterfell came to be back in Stark hands. "We're standing in Winterfell because of me," she tells Arya. It wasn't Jon, she emphasizes. It was her. The Knights of the Vale fought for her. She is the reason they're home.

This is the first time we've heard Sansa claim such explicit credit for her participation in those events, so when she sent Brienne away, I got déjà vu. This was, of course, exactly what happened with "The Battle of the Bastards": Sansa sent Brienne away to the Blackfish on a trumped-up quest so she could do something shady.

If this is actually turning into the pattern of behavior it looks like, it's time to revisit Game of Thrones' Sansa problem, because it might have just been solved. I wrote over a year ago about how "The Battle of the Bastards" effectively split Sansa's character into two possible arcs: Cunning Sansa and Dim Sansa:

In the Dim Sansa timeline, it's pure luck that Littlefinger showed up when he did. Sansa gets to keep her virtue and recovers her good judgment long enough to dispatch Ramsay to everyone's satisfaction.

The story for Cunning Sansa was a lot uglier, and a lot more interesting:

Her arrival on the battlefield is not, in the Cunning Sansa timeline, a Proud Feminist moment. It indicates, rather, that Sansa is willing to sacrifice most of an army and both her surviving brothers in order to achieve her aims. Jon could have died 100 times before Littlefinger arrived, and Sansa would have been crazy to expect any other outcome. No, if this was a plan, then for Sansa, the death of two of her brothers was the price she was willing to pay. If this is what's happening, then this isn't even the beginning of Sansa's descent into villainy; she's been headed this way for some time and we missed it.

We've spent so many months without any developments on this front that I was ready to chalk Sansa's erratic behavior in "Battle of the Bastards" up to bad writing. After all, we've mostly seen her defend Jon's right to rule (except when Bran came home, and she tried to make him King). And while it's true that Sansa's explanation to Jon after the battle made little sense, no one seemed to notice or mind. Her demeanor since then has toggled between gracelessly abrasive (in ways that scan as essentially honest and supportive), or oddly blank.

But this bears repeating: Before the Battle of the Bastards, Sansa also strategically sent Brienne away:

Cunning Sansa knows Brienne will object to her methods, so she sends her on a trumped-up quest. Remember when Brienne asks Sansa why she needs to go to Riverrun in person? "We can send the Blackfish a raven," Brienne offers. "We can't risk Ramsey intercepting it. It has to be you," says Sansa, who proceeds to send Littlefinger a raven. Cunning Sansa wants Brienne out of the way because Brienne might object to Sansa setting her brother and his army up to be slaughtered.

In "Beyond the Wall," almost exactly the same thing happens. Littlefinger murmurs in a comforting way that Brienne "might help" with Sansa's Arya problem. "If one of you were planning to harm the other in any way, wouldn't she be honor-bound to intercede?" Here's Sansa's face as she processes this:

sansa%20sending%20brienne%20away.PNG

And then she does precisely what Littlefinger likely hoped she'd do: She sends Brienne away to "represent" her to Cersei, thereby getting rid of Arya's one ally at Winterfell. I wondered about that invitation from King's Landing. Was it genuine? (If so, what in the world is Cersei doing?) Sansa appeared to burn it shortly thereafter.

You can handwave one plot point that has Sansa dispatching Brienne on a snipe hunt — but two? That seems like a lot of evidence pointing toward Cunning Sansa. If this is indeed the case, then Sansa — who has now claimed credit for Ramsay's defeat — has already proven herself willing to use two of her brothers as bait. (If the Knights of the Vale's last-minute arrival wasn't part of the plan, then she deserves no credit.) She did betray her family. Arya's right. And she seems poised to do so again.

sansa%20sending%201.PNG

How is it irrelevant? Sure the writings were based on the books, but that letter never happened in the show.

The distinction is there, as people view the character based on what happens in the show. What happens in the books should have no bearing on that.

How is it irrelevant? Sure the writings were based on the books, but that letter never happened in the show.

The distinction is there, as people view the character based on what happens in the show. What happens in the books should have no bearing on that.

the letter did happen
arya-sansa-letter.jpg

and at that point they were lifting dialogue verbatim from the book

regardless of that specific line there was that animosity between them

Like I said, that letter was written to Robb under duress.

If anything she tried to save her father. She thinks if she writes the letter, Ned will be ok.

"“Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey, and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark.”"

The letter was then given to Arya by Littlefinger in an attempt to cast a divide between Arya and Sansa which didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom