OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cant believe I'm actually going to post in this thread again after the last season :sick:. Did anyone hear about the deleted final scene floating around. That had Drogon carrying Daenerys to Volantis (where all the red priestess' are) and cutting to her eyes opening while Bran is "Seeing" the whole thing. This is supposedly coming from the redditor DeepwoodMotteThroat who posted alot of leaks for the final season, that were all on point. It wouldn't have changed the way I feel about the final season (well maybe in the most minimal way possible), but would be very interesting for us book readers if that's the way Winds of Winter ends. Even more so for A Dream of Spring... if we ever get them, which at this point I'm highly doubtful. Wish GRRM would get on with it before the old man croaks.

^^^ Interesting. My gut reaction is people generally would have liked that ending better, but still would have been very disappointed with the last season overall. And I could see some people being annoyed by the lack of finality with that ending.

Also, I was driving the other day next to a car with the custom plate “Dracaryx”. Wonder how much buyer’s remorse the guy has over that now...

^^^ Interesting. My gut reaction is people generally would have liked that ending better, but still would have been very disappointed with the last season overall. And I could see some people being annoyed by the lack of finality with that ending.

Also, I was driving the other day next to a car with the custom plate “Dracaryx”. Wonder how much buyer’s remorse the guy has over that now...

I definitely would have liked it better, lack of finality or not (speaking just on the ending, not the season). I would have just taken it as the GOT universe keeps moving, whether we as viewers get to see it or not. It also would have opened a huge door for a possible movie years later (since we all knew they (actors and D&D) weren't doing anymore seasons) similar to how HBO did Deadwood. I still haven't written off them coming back, and doing a movie in a few years. Not counting on it, but GOT was such a cash cow I could see it happening, not really sure where they'd go with the story though. Although it would make alot more sense as to why they cut the scene, just so it could be a starting point for a movie. Never would have expected a Breaking Bad movie either and that happened so....Social media would of course have been outraged, either way even if it had the perfect ending most fans loved. Social Media would still have had all kinds of problems with that.

LOL @ the Dracaryx plate I would have changed that ish the day after the season ended... no hesitation.

S8 really ruined my entire outlook on the show.
I can’t justify a rewatch

Same with me I had a rewatch full series binge planned for after season 8 ended, cancelled that plan. As I now have no interest whatsoever, to ever watch again. Not even really anticipating the spinoffs, I will try them out, but they'll have a short leash with me hopefully the writers actually put in some effort. As I mentioned earlier though I would watch a movie, if they decide to release one. Expectations would be low, especially with D&D helming it unless GRRM was heavily involved, and they HAVE to bring back the main cast.

Bruh I'll rewatch the hell out of seasons 1-6 no prob. Dunno if I would go any further tho lol.

I would... but knowing the way it ended now would just anger me the closer it got to end of season 6. Just dont think I can do it. In a few years a HUGE maybe, still doubt it though.

I can’t see myself ever rewatching any full seasons of GOT, but maybe certain individual episodes I really liked.

This also makes a lot of sense. One day ima go back to those pages where we posted our favorite non battle scenes and indulge.

Cant believe I'm actually going to post in this thread again after the last season :sick:. Did anyone hear about the deleted final scene floating around. That had Drogon carrying Daenerys to Volantis (where all the red priestess' are) and cutting to her eyes opening while Bran is "Seeing" the whole thing. This is supposedly coming from the redditor DeepwoodMotteThroat who posted alot of leaks for the final season, that were all on point. It wouldn't have changed the way I feel about the final season (well maybe in the most minimal way possible), but would be very interesting for us book readers if that's the way Winds of Winter ends. Even more so for A Dream of Spring... if we ever get them, which at this point I'm highly doubtful. Wish GRRM would get on with it before the old man croaks.
There's a ton of reasons why this ending would've been just as bad if not worst than what we got.
I won't be crazy detailed why since for years yall shunned me for spitting and predicting the truth in here.
This ending would've made even less sense to do. The whole reawakening thing for 1 would've been cheesy cliche and predictable. 2. That's not GRRMs style unless that came with consequences (which ofcourse the show was out of his hands by then. So may be a mute point)
No one wanted a predictable ending. We get something super out of left field and yall still complain. Dont get me started on the fools that have been reluctant to see the madness in Dany since season 1 also but they wanted to remain ignorant then deny it and complain about it.
I still blame you snow fans for the way the story ended. Giving such a dude so much shine while GOT workers are peaking the love on social media and D&D adjusting the show in favor of fandom.
I will forever remain on yall necks for ruining such a magical show watching experience with your stanning.
If You dont think that was the case your crazy.
The story of ice and fire should've never been molded into Jon vs Dany.
That's not how it's going to be in the books. It's so much more and so much deeper. U stans turned this show in to the kid who knows nothing and the entitled prick princess show.
Blame yourselves

*que Eric andre who shot hannibal gif*

:lol: @ placing blame on anybody but the Showrunners for this mess

and the Jon/Dany storyline is wayyyy down on the list of why the show went to ****

They just may get killed by the Star Wars fans. Lol
exactly, we have the books to look forward too, them star war fans have a whole section of a park at disney land, they better hope they ever go. one of the rides may become faulty

Back
Top Bottom