OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All the race stuff with the disney princess

there are a million disney princesses.. who the hell you talking about?

are you talking about racists getting their panties in a bunch over them making a mermaid black?

a fictional entity?

you sure THAT'S the hill you wanna die on?

If that daredevil rumor is true good
But I'm sure people still wanted Luke cage
Maybe even colleen wang series
Light backlash but backlash nonetheless
Didn't really matter since they were barely connected to the MCU.

There was no Colleen Wing series coming :lol: At best she'd be featured more as the new Iron Fist.

And again none of that backlash fell on Disney. Especially after details were revealed.

Not sure on the order number of the Star Wars movies, but the first one with the black dude as the hero, Flynn, was his name I think was pretty good.
It wasn't bad, but borrowing heavy from episode 4 a new hope was so damn lazy. A big disappointment.

are you talking about racists getting their panties in a bunch over them making a mermaid black?

a fictional entity?

Yeah, Disney is so big and pervasive that they get some negative reaction to almost everything they do from some segment of the population. Like I think I recall reading that fundamentalist Christian groups were calling Frozen gay propaganda because Elsa didn’t have a male love interest :lol::smh:

I don’t think they worry about Internet criticism unless they think what’s behind it is really going to impact revenue/profitability.

HBO just nixed the prequel starring Naomi Watts. They will go forward with the reworked Targaryen based prequel instead.

According to sources, HBO execs screened the pilot over the summer and were not thrilled with the results. Instead of passing, however, they sent Goldman and Co. back into the editing room to make a slew of changes. But the revamped pilot failed to impress the execs either, leading them to pull the plug altogether.

Meanwhile, HBO is expected to move forward with another Game of Thrones prequel project, this one that would trace the glory days of House Targaryen. The project has earned an official pilot order at HBO. The spinoff is co-created by GoT book author George R.R. Martin and Colony creator Ryan J. Condal, and is set 300 years before the original Thrones series, chronicling “the beginning of the end for House Targaryen.” Martin’s companion book Fire & Blood serves as a template for the new series.

The new project is actually a reworking of the rejected spinoff concept from Game of Thrones writer Bryan Cogman, which officially got the axe back in April. (Cogman is now serving as a consultant on Amazon’s upcoming Lord of the Rings adaptation.)

https://tvline.com/2019/10/29/game-of-thrones-prequel-spinoff-cancelled-hbo-pilot/

Sounds like what happened with with D&D with the pilot except this 2nd chance also failed.

I know HBO has specific standards for the shows they greenlight even the ones that end up cancelled after one short season or right after the pilot airs but I wonder if they're looking through this with prime GoT lenses on expecting greatness quickly. Any othwe spinoff doesnt have to be like GoT. It can be its own things within that world.

I actually think D&D have made things worse for themselves by how they responded to the reaction to S8. I know it’s rubbed me the wrong way. If they would have just owned it and said “we get why the fans are disappointed; we could have done better” things might no be crumbling around them quite as much.

I actually think D&D have made things worse for themselves by how they responded to the reaction to S8. I know it’s rubbed me the wrong way. If they would have just owned it and said “we get why the fans are disappointed; we could have done better” things might no be crumbling around them quite as much.

Yeah that, and making comments like "We just kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet"...

:rofl::smh::rofl::stoneface:

So what do y'all think the odds of they're Netflix stuff being any Good? So far they're 0 for 2 that HBO Civil war thing got killed, they're out of Star Wars, if they dont deliver something good on Netflix I'd say they're careers might be done. Good riddance I say for the way they did us GOT fans, that invested around 9 years for that hot mess of an ending.

Hbo offered them the money to do 10 seasons at 10 episodes per season. They’re like naaaaah, we gotta work on Star Wars. Let’s finish this up at 8. And it’s gon be 6 episodes. Okay, Star Wars could be bigger. I GET THAT.

George said he gave them enough material to do 12 SEASONS! And these pansies are like nah, imma do the force. And I completely understand that. Can’t mess with that fan base. You gotta focus. Those Force boys will kill you if you mess that up. There’s volumes of backstory you guys gotta dive into. Good luck fellas.

But they make me wait a god damn year and a half for a shortened piss poor excuse of a season where they obviously just threw their hands up and gave up...... FOR WHAT?! They not even doing Star Wars?! They ruined it for nothing????

Unbelievable man. couldnt even show up at the planned comic con event. Couldn’t even say anything on the after-the-episode once the final credits rolled. they’ve been ghost since the backlash started. I thought I was detached emotionally but this Star Wars bombshell is bringing it all back
32AE4E5B-BB76-4383-9083-8F2FD9F7C311.gif

a fictional entity?

I think u think I give a **** any more than you do. Lol. This not my ledge fam. I dont care enough this all started with the d&d thing and how disney fans are wild. Which I believe I proved

Those bum *** mother ****ers ruined And rushed the last season of GoT because they got that Disney bag and wanted to focus on Star Wars. Now they ain’t even on Star Wars anymore?!! I really wish all the bad things in the world for those bastards. Completely ruined the greatest show of all time.

netflix? NETFLIX?????
23EBB8CA-FF42-4D5B-875A-B02D9D7F89A2.gif

That service is a sinking ship. ****ing sucka *** suckas

Its funny cause from the looks of that interview I posted season 8 was gonna be trash rush or no rush.They really wanted to cut all the fantasy out of a fantasy story.

What about the actors were they down to do more seasons.

I'm not sure but I remember Sansa wanted out and Jon and Dany saying they were good with it ending in season 8.

Hbo offered them the money to do 10 seasons at 10 episodes per season. They’re like naaaaah, we gotta work on Star Wars. Let’s finish this up at 8. And it’s gon be 6 episodes. Okay, Star Wars could be bigger. I GET THAT.

George said he gave them enough material to do 12 SEASONS! And these pansies are like nah, imma do the force. And I completely understand that. Can’t mess with that fan base. You gotta focus. Those Force boys will kill you if you mess that up. There’s volumes of backstory you guys gotta dive into. Good luck fellas.

But they make me wait a god damn year and a half for a shortened piss poor excuse of a season where they obviously just threw their hands up and gave up...... FOR WHAT?! They not even doing Star Wars?! They ruined it for nothing????

Unbelievable man. couldnt even show up at the planned comic con event. Couldn’t even say anything on the after-the-episode once the final credits rolled. they’ve been ghost since the backlash started. I thought I was detached emotionally but this Star Wars bombshell is bringing it all back
32AE4E5B-BB76-4383-9083-8F2FD9F7C311.gif
Oh ****.

I totally forgot they shortened the season cuz they were doing a SW trilogy. Now they not doing SW for Netflix.

D&D are garbage ppl.

Don't be surprised if they try to bring back that slavery never ended series for netflix :sick:

Last edited:
HBO is all over the place with these prequels. Feels like they’re scrambling

Gotta compete with Disney+ and all the other streaming services.

This Targ prequel show has GRRM + Miguel Sapochnik (directed all the good GOT episodes) involved.
If they do it right, they can win back fans from the travesty that was Season 8.

Gotta compete with Disney+ and all the other streaming services.

This Targ prequel show has GRRM + Miguel Sapochnik (directed all the good GOT episodes) involved.
If they do it right, they can win back fans from the travesty that was Season 8.
There’s also another one that’s set 300 years before the series. I’m not sure if I even will tune in. They’re gonna have to have STRONG writing to get people back

Back
Top Bottom