OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The theory has holes partly because they haven't been filled or confirmed yet, hence 'theory'. The theory is that Bran will eventually learn to be in two places at once through greensight. Meaning a version of him can stay in whatever timeline he is in (Bran the Builder, Brandon Stark, Night King, etc etc.) and age as part of history. A boot-strap paradox or casual loop.

A causal loop is a paradox of time travel that occurs when a future event is the cause of a past event, which in turn is the cause of the future event. Both events then exist in spacetime, but their origin cannot be determined. A causal loop may involve an event, a person or object, or information.[1][2] The terms boot-strap paradox, predestination paradox or ontological paradox are sometimes used in fiction to refer to a causal loop.
Example: Hodor

Old Nan's theory from Season 1 and the first book:
A Game of Thrones - Bran IV reads:

"Bran knew the story, but it had never been his favorite. Maybe one of the other Brandons had liked that story. Sometimes Nan would talk to him as if he were her Brandon, the baby she had nursed all those years ago, and sometimes she confused him with his uncle Brandon, who was killed by the Mad King before Bran was even born. She had lived so long, Mother had told him once, that all the Brandon Starks had become one person in her head."[/quotes]

Basically Bran (and everyone else) is in a fixed timeline or time paradox. His first interaction with Sansa could be a tell tale sign that he's starting to lose all emotion and has become Jaden Smith's Twitter. He is probably not the Night King, but don't be quick to dismiss just because you can't wrap your head around the concept.

If Bran is the Night King and the children know it why wouldn't they just off him?

If the theory is true, the Children don't know he is the Night King. And they wouldn't because Bran is currently a teenager who is paralyzed. The Children turned an adult male, whome can walk, into the Night King.

Last edited:
Any truth to the rumor that after season 8, HBO gonna do Dunk and Egg prequels? If so that would be dope

If that theory proves right, I think the night king is killing all the other versions of Bran...so that only he's left, so his biggest threat right now would be himself, young Bran.

Mannnnnn this show is the best thing I've ever watched, I'm a sucker for time travel and paradoxes, literally my favorite syfy thing to watch and ponder about, cementing that into GOT will make it the GOaT show in my eyes.

I wouldn't be a fan of the whole timeline, universe, changing this and that nonsense... if anyone's seen Lost you know what can happen.

Bran meets Jon

Jon: "I heard you can see everything"
Bran: "I saw you smashing in a cave"
Jon: "Wut?"
Bran: "Wut?"

If that theory proves right, I think the night king is killing all the other versions of Bran...so that only he's left, so his biggest threat right now would be himself, young Bran.

07d8205279f013955ecda6f9da693af3--jet-li-action-movies.jpg

They've been hinting at this for the past couple seasons though

I'm not going to lie I'm not hard into the show like some are with the books and podcasts I just watch it when it airs and from you guys in here.

Up until this season, and in this thread for this season, I never got the impression that Bran could time travel, change the future, basically have god mode enabled.

I mean I thought he just had visions or stuff like that, but to have the ability to have what you guys are claiming is ridiculous and if so it will be worst than the last season of Lost.

Edit - what you guys are predicting with him changing everything seems like such a cop out to be honest.

Who's to say he just doesn't go back in time prevent his Dad getting killed and then the Stark family rules over the Lannisters.

I'm not going to lie I'm not hard into the show like some are with the books and podcasts I just watch it when it airs and from you guys in here.

Up until this season, and in this thread for this season, I never got the impression that Bran could time travel, change the future, basically have god mode enabled.

I mean I thought he just had visions or stuff like that, but to have the ability to have what you guys are claiming is ridiculous and if so it will be worst than the last season of Lost.

Edit - what you guys are predicting with him changing everything seems like such a cop out to be honest.

Who's to say he just doesn't go back in time prevent his Dad getting killed and then the Stark family rules over the Lannisters.

How do people not understand this?
He can't change anything that has happened already. It's written in stone because in this show, spacetime is linear, which means there is cause/effect in the same timeline. Everything that Bran appears to be changing has happened already. It's a fixed loop that can't be altered. We're simply waiting for Bran to close these loops as the show progresses. Like Hodor. It's been done in the past and we simply waited for him to complete this loop by him doing it in "The Door" episode. Did his greensight change anything? No, he was always Hodor. We simply witness the point in time in which he becomes Hodor. Nothing is changing in terms of alternate timelines and changing the future. It's happened already.

Now everything that he's going to do form this point has had an effect already. He is just the 'cause' waiting to happen. Let's say Bran is the one who made Aerys II crazy. If his madness and Jaime being Kingslayer is the effect, we are waiting for the cause to close that loop (waiting for Bran to whisper "Burn them all" to the Aerys until he freaks out and Jaime kills him).

Last edited:
I could see Bran being all the Brandons without being the Night King. Although him being his uncle doesn't seem right.

I didn't see this touched on but Bran being more emotionless now makes sense. 3ER told em earlier that the more he looks back into time the more he'd lose himself.

It's already science fiction .. it happened with the wights and white walkers

How is the show science fiction?

Wights and white walkers are considered fantasy...just like lord of the rings, the hobbit, Warcraft, wizard of oz...

How is the show science fiction?

Wights and white walkers are considered fantasy...just like lord of the rings, the hobbit, Warcraft, wizard of oz...

Who says time travel can't be in the fantasy category? Being a 3ER, greensighting, God's eye etc is all fantasy.
It's not like Bran hops into a time machine and goes 88mph back in time.

Also, why is that so hard to accept? It's a show with Dragons, faceless men and things coming back from the dead. :lol:

How do people not understand this?
He can't change anything that has happened already. It's written in stone because in this show, spacetime is linear, which means there is cause/effect in the same timeline. Everything that Bran appears to be changing has happened already. It's a fixed loop that can't be altered. We're simply waiting for Bran to close these loops as the show progresses. Like Hodor. It's been done in the past and we simply waited for him to complete this loop by him doing it in "The Door" episode. Did his greensight change anything? No, he was always Hodor. We simply witness the point in time in which he becomes Hodor. Nothing is changing in terms of alternate timelines and changing the future. It's happened already.

Now everything that he's going to do form this point has had an effect already. He is just the 'cause' waiting to happen. Let's say Bran is the one who made Aerys II crazy. If his madness and Jaime being Kingslayer is the effect, we are waiting for the cause to close that loop (waiting for Bran to whisper "Burn them all" to the Aerys until he freaks out and Jaime kills him).

To me

This is confusing as hell :lol:

Back
Top Bottom