OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This Bran stuff is interesting.

That's why I can't wait until the focus shifts from the battle for the Throne to the real battle.

That battle scene is going to be epic. We're going to lose so many real ones.

^^ Thousands I believe.

I fail to see Bran being the Night King, it's jus not plausible unless they go off the rails and give him almost God like abilities. How can Bran travel back in time and become more than just a metaphysical element watching? What I mean is he's in the present body and mind, but when he time travels he's just a metaphysical being, similar to when Professor X goes into the astral planes. In those moments he's reliving the past, he's merely an observer looking in, he's not beholden to his physical limitations, which is why we saw him standing. I'm not saying his powers don't or can't affect the past, present, and future, but whatever he does has to create some sort of flashpoint where an alternate reality timeline is created.

Unless they are going to have him manifest powers that can actually turn his astral self into a physical self in the past, how do you explain him being the adult male that was turned into the Night King?
Those are my issues with the theory. Bran having a physical form in the past and the fact that the human tied to the tree for the sacrifice was an Adult so not sure how it could be Bran. Maybe it'll be explained though.

Yvonne Strahovski was the only reason i liked last Dexter season, ending was the worst tho

Holy **** I just thought of the solution to the sending a physical body through time theory hole.
So as of right now we know Bran can send his consciousness into the past to view events. In the last ep Bran tells Sansa he needs to get better at green seeing to get ready for when the Long Night comes again. The theory posted above says that he's going to learn how to send his physical body into the past or have a physical presents in time. Let's be real the time travel is cool but materializing a body in time is goofy. Like what... poof and Bran has a body there?
Instead, I think he's going to perfect warging his consciousness into people in the past so that he can interact. Basically just like X:Men Days of Future Past. Kitty sends Wolverine's consciousness into his past self.
The Door episode didn't just show us that Bran can effect the past, it also should us that he can warg when he's in the past. Why not use that info.

I stopped following Star Trek the movie because of that stupid time travel stuff...

If they keep it basic like back to the future then I'll be fine.. but knowing that it's GOT it's going to be confusing as hell

I'm getting a lot of Final season Lost/ Flash timeline, multiverse vibes from y'all theories and I don't like it.

I'm getting a lot of Final season Lost/ Flash timeline, multiverse vibes from y'all theories and I don't like it.

I don't either and I'm not even fully caught up yet :rofl: .... Sounds like as the seasons progress, they may her convoluted.

There are two basic mechanisms to how time travel can be handled. Either with a butterfly effect or with time as the fourth dimension. The former being that you can change events in the present by changing events in the past and the latter where it's an endless loop and everything that will happen has already happened and it can't be changed. You can have it somewhere in between where details can change but big events are destined to happen (a la Terminator 3) but I won't get into that here.

From the Hodor situation it appears GoT is going with a time as the fourth dimension concept. Yes, Bran went into the past and altered Hodor, but he didn't change the present. Hodor was already mind****ed in the present. There was no alternate timeline where Hodor grew up to be a normal adult. Bran was always going to go back in time and warg into Willis. Also, with the amount of prophecy and visions contained in the show it's at least suggested that the future is predetermined or has already happened. With this storytelling becomes tricky because you would think traveling into the past and into the future would take the same skills since both already happened. But you don't want to ruin suspense by actually showing what happens in the future.

From my point of view I always saw the Hodor situation as Bran warging into Hodor in the past in order to plant "hold the door" in his brain since we wasn't able to warg into Hodor in the present at that moment since Hodor was going to be killed. It was an unfortunate situation that Bran didn't see coming but had actually already happened so he couldn't avoid doing it again. I'm hoping that the show sticks with that model and just reveals things that Bran has caused in the past and doesn't venture into having him actually alter the present by meddling in the past. The theory of him being the voice in the Mad King's head is an example of that.

For those that didn't read the books, at what point in the show did you realize Jon was the gawd?

Last edited:
How do people not understand this?
He can't change anything that has happened already. It's written in stone because in this show, spacetime is linear, which means there is cause/effect in the same timeline. Everything that Bran appears to be changing has happened already. It's a fixed loop that can't be altered. We're simply waiting for Bran to close these loops as the show progresses. Like Hodor. It's been done in the past and we simply waited for him to complete this loop by him doing it in "The Door" episode. Did his greensight change anything? No, he was always Hodor. We simply witness the point in time in which he becomes Hodor. Nothing is changing in terms of alternate timelines and changing the future. It's happened already.

Now everything that he's going to do form this point has had an effect already. He is just the 'cause' waiting to happen. Let's say Bran is the one who made Aerys II crazy. If his madness and Jaime being Kingslayer is the effect, we are waiting for the cause to close that loop (waiting for Bran to whisper "Burn them all" to the Aerys until he freaks out and Jaime kills him).

Incorporating time travel is going to make for a very, very confusing storyline.

While i understand what you're saying, this alone goes against the entire theory/concept of time travel in itself. To think that the only butterfly effect of Bran warging in Hodor was him losing his ability to speak is unfounded. Granted we're talking about a show that has a girl with the ability to cut a face off a dead person and use it as a mask. And dragons, lest not forget the dragons.

I fail to see Bran being the Night King, it's jus not plausible unless they go off the rails and give him almost God like abilities. How can Bran travel back in time and become more than just a metaphysical element watching? What I mean is he's in the present body and mind, but when he time travels he's just a metaphysical being, similar to when Professor X goes into the astral planes. In those moments he's reliving the past, he's merely an observer looking in, he's not beholden to his physical limitations, which is why we saw him standing. I'm not saying his powers don't or can't affect the past, present, and future, but whatever he does has to create some sort of flashpoint where an alternate reality timeline is created.

Unless they are going to have him manifest powers that can actually turn his astral self into a physical self in the past, how do you explain him being the adult male that was turned into the Night King?

Sure the resemblance in the vision is eerily similar. The man tied to a tree grasping his restraints and Bran simultaneously in the same position grasping the tree roots but i think it's a more simpler answer. Don't you grip your knees, or the couch or squeeze your partners hand when you're watching a horror movie or something intense? Bran was witnessing what looked like a sacrifice that was actually a rebirth so that's pretty freaky.

The whole spiral of the 7 crap i don't buy either. I'm not saying it's not related nor important however i don't believe it's as deep as that video makes it seem.

i haven't read the books so i don't know how much more there is that can lend itself to having Bran actually be his own ancestor and the Night King, but i know the answers we seek won't come this season and will be left for the end.

There are two basic mechanisms to how time travel can be handled. Either with a butterfly effect or with time as the fourth dimension. The former being that you can change events in the present by changing events in the past and the latter where it's an endless loop and everything that will happen has already happened and it can't be changed. You can have it somewhere in between where details can change but big events are destined to happen (a la Terminator 3) but I won't get into that here.

From the Hodor situation it appears GoT is going with a time as the fourth dimension concept. Yes, Bran went into the past and altered Hodor, but he didn't change the present. Hodor was already mind****ed in the present. There was no alternate timeline where Hodor grew up to be a normal adult. Bran was always going to go back in time and warg into Willis. Also, with the amount of prophecy and visions contained in the show it's at least suggested that the future is predetermined or has already happened. With this storytelling becomes tricky because you would think traveling into the past and into the future would take the same skills since both already happened. But you don't want to ruin suspense by actually showing what happens in the future.

From my point of view I always saw the Hodor situation as Bran warging into Hodor in the past in order to plant "hold the door" in his brain since we wasn't able to warg into Hodor in the present at that moment since Hodor was going to be killed. It was an unfortunate situation that Bran didn't see coming but had actually already happened so he couldn't avoid doing it again. I'm hoping that the show sticks with that model and just reveals things that Bran has caused in the past and doesn't venture into having him actually alter the present by meddling in the past. The theory of him being the voice in the Mad King's head is an example of that.

giphy.gif

I can accept that all the way especially after listening to a video i just found on YT. The video pretty much states that Bran is not only the cause but the source of all things past and the present. That the Long Night hasn't actually occurred and what we're witnessing right now is the first iteration. That Bran is in fact his own ancestor. He either wargged into someone or reached that last dragon golden glow final level that let him mentally and physically travel back in time 8000 years ago to become Bran the Builder, in his attempt to stop what he was witnessing that was ready to occur when he was a young adult. That his stories which were the accounts of what he witnessed as a child and young adult are what he told the first men those 8k years ago to help them build the wall. He talked of the white walkers, his cousin Jon Snow, of Tyrion, all the great battles, etc.

And as time went on and the stories were passed along, like a game of telephone, they were altered. Events were mishmash-ed, names were changed and that the stories, while still maintaining their core, were blown out of proportion so much that they turned into factual legend throughout those 8000 years.

Pretty deep man, however it doesn't give cause for Bran being the Night King.

listen here:

Back
Top Bottom