OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The obvious ending to this would be a showdown between cerci and daenarys. Good vs evil. Woman vs woman. But that wouldn't be fun or entertaining I guess.
I'd love to see Jon on the throne but I think he'll sacrifice himself somehow on some "for the greater good of man" while fighting the walkers.
I'm not feelin the whole time travel thing. Too much going on with that but whatever I guess.
I jus want the ending to be historical. Type we talk bout years down the line...

I have a question based around Arya's character. Can she only become people who have previously died, or can she literally become nobody and disguise as anyone she wants to?

She has to kill them and collect their face. It's also implied (in the books especially) that the disguise uses some magic which could explain how Arya can sound exactly like Walder after wearing his face. It sounds a bit like the glamour magic that Melisandre uses on herself and on Rattleshirt and Mance (in the books). That type of magic involves using something that is part of or belongs to the person you're trying to imitate.

On a different note, how different do you think the book ending will be from the show ending?

Apparently, according to GRRM, although character paths in the show and book are different, in some cases, even removed from the show (like Jeyne Poole post season 1, Young Griff, Lady Stoneheart etc.), it will all end up in the same place at the end. Meaning some, if not all, characters end up in the same place with the same ending. It will also be 'bittersweet' for fans.

http://time.com/4101276/game-of-thrones-ending-george-r-r-martin/
http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...oil-Ending-George-R-R-Martin-Books-70847.html

I expect this reaction from most people. :lol:

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Random thought regarding the leaked spoilers...

According to the leaks, Dany is going to burn Randyll and Dickon alive after that battle. I don't know if that's true or not but assuming it is, I wonder how Sam is going to take that. He probably doesn't care about his father but it seems that he's on good terms with his brother.

Random thought regarding the leaked spoilers...

According to the leaks, Dany is going to burn Randyll and Dickon alive after that battle. I don't know if that's true or not but assuming it is, I wonder how Sam is going to take that. He probably doesn't care about his father but it seems that he's on good terms with his brother.

Assuming this actually happens. Does that make little Sam heir to Horn Hill? :lol:

Because I think Sam said he was his son.

Assuming this actually happens. Does that make little Sam heir to Horn Hill? :lol:

Sam was forced into the Night's Watch by his father in order to relinquish his claim to Horn Hill. As Randyll's firstborn son (and possibly soon his only son), he is the heir to Horn Hill but being in the NW complicates that.

Sam was forced into the Night's Watch by his father in order to relinquish his claim to Horn Hill. As Randyll's firstborn son (and possibly soon his only son), he is the heir to Horn Hill but being in the NW complicates that.

Right. I'm assuming little Sam will be considered a Bastard (?) but in everyone's eyes he is the last living son (outside of Sam at the NW) who has Tarlly blood. [\SPOILER]

One thing I think about Arya I think she's going to die by the hands of the faceless men. She cheated the God of death some bodies and I think they'll come back and kill her since she think everything is sweet.

did she cheat him, she was supposed to die but gave him waif instead.

did she cheat him, she was supposed to die but gave him waif instead.

I was under the impression that this was the case as well. She paid the Many Faced God with the Waif's death. She was punished for not taking the proper face by having her go blind. She also saved his life, albeit that debt is already paid there.

IMO, Jaqen has a soft spot for Arya me thinks, otherwise, she wouldn't have made it out of Braavos. Why delay her death? Jaqen also knows she has a list to carry out and he let her go.

jaqen seemed to have forgave her when arya came back, he said something along the lines that arya is finally no one

I was under the impression that this was the case as well. She paid the Many Faced God with the Waif's death. She was punished for not taking the proper face by having her go blind. She also saved his life, albeit that debt is already paid there.

IMO, Jaqen has a soft spot for Arya me thinks, otherwise, she wouldn't have made it out of Braavos. Why delay her death? Jaqen also knows she has a list to carry out and he let her go.

With exception of Sansa the Starks are a special bunch. What if Arya has a role to play and Jaquen and the Many Faced God knows so. I believe he knew she would not be able to stay there so his main purpose was just to equip her with the tools and skills she will need. Waif was just her boss battle.

Last edited:
With exception of Sansa the Starks are a special bunch. What if Arya has a role to play and Jaquen and the Many Faced God knows so. I believe he knew she would not be able to stay there so his main purpose was just to equip here with the tools and skills she will need. Waif was just her boss battle.

Agreed. That smirk on his face gave me the feeling that he knew she wasn't going to stay , so he let her go instead of having her killed. If it were the latter, and she escaped anyway, I don't think she'd be able to use the faces and would probably be executed by Jaqen or someone else before leaving country.

There is a theory that Jaqen is Rhaegar, although not impossible but a far reach. lol.

My question is if Jaquen is really in charge of everything.

Cuz a superior or colleague can check him like you know she got to die right? Aint no such thing as halfway noones. The favor may be the only thing saving her.

What would be crazy now that I think about it is if she only met Jaquen once and every time after it's been a different no one assassin interacting with Arya.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom