OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Go pick up the convo in the book thread. It's not that hard :rofl: :rofl:
I was waiting for your crying *** to respond with some nonsense, thanks for not disappointing.

Did you even read what people wrote? I already own the books and read them. It's not unreasonable to ask people to stop flexing with extra info and tidbits that reveal stuff. Let reveals play out on the show, no need to post them since the show might save them later. I don't need someone posting who someone's other identity is.

:lol: @ flexing extra info and tidbits. You're something else. I guess I'll just have to ignore any whining you and calibeebee do going further.

How can you spoil what you don't know? If you've been following the show this long and haven't heard the phrase "Tower of Joy" then I don't know what to tell you. People speculate about shows all the time and that's what folks are doing. For the first time, strictly show watchers do not have a leg to stand on.
Stop it, you're making too much sense.

Ummmm lots of people don't know what Tower of Joy is...
If you've only watched the show you wouldn't which is perfectly fine. Book readers including myself have a bad habit of assuming if the show skipped a detail from the book then it's fair game, which isn't always the case.

dude said go read the books so you can join the conversation :lol:

there's a reason why there's a Book thread and a Show thread.

I didn't say it was impossible and Hodor is a simpleton. I was thinking if dragons are as intelligent as Tyrion says they might be then warging into one might not be that simple.  

I don't think Hodor is a "simpleton" at all. He's cognizant of everything going around him...and we learned last weak that he was a normal, functioning person at some point. I think some trauma...physical or mental...caused him to lose his speech and only say Hodor. Other than that....he seems to understand everything perfectly fine.

whats the problem though?

we have a book thread where they clearly compare the show to in there...so why not let these viewers be.

Last edited:
I don't think Hodor is a "simpleton" at all. He's cognizant of everything going around him...and we learned last weak that he was a normal, functioning person at some point. I think some trauma...physical or mental...caused him to lose his speech and only say Hodor. Other than that....he seems to understand everything perfectly fine.
it would seem that way after last weeks episode but remember when Bran warged into Hodor the first time. He was freaking out at a thunderstorm and almost got them killed. Simpleton might have been harsh but hodor isn't all there.

I appreciate some of the extra info in here that rounds out some of the characters....like learning Targaryans are impossibly beautiful, or the mountain is 7'11....or sht like that.

But some of y'all be going too far sometimes :lol:. That one dude with the GRRM avy be dropping some good info every now and then.....but be giving out way too much sometimes. Lowkey flexing his knowledge

Last edited:
That's what i've been saying. Dunno why some find it hard to understand. Pretty simple.

Isnt the definition of spoiling revealing info that can be later revealed....clarifying scenes/events are OK. But flexing book knowledge spoiler tag free is a bit obnoxious even for the warden. That is why we have a book thread. And weve had show only watchers come in and ask questions then bounce

whats the problem though?

we have a book thread where they clearly compare the show to in there...so why not let these viewers be.
What?

I'm agreeing with you. Let the viewers be.

There's no way I would have known about specific plot points if I didn't do some extra reading. But lots of people are just strictly show watchers and don't want to be spoiled. Like when people saw previews of this upcoming episode, everyone kept saying "Tower of Joy!". For me it's fine since I've read about it, but I would argue that show watchers don't want to read that ****.

But even just knowing what Tower of Joy is doesn't spoil anything because, guess what, book readers don't know what's gonna happen either. I know some book readers are extra, but some strictly show watchers get butt hurt just because. This season is totally off the hinges compared to the books so most people are just guessing. Yall don't make predictions when you watch other shows?

But why even mention it in the first place is what I'm getting at. That's already additional information that book readers have. You may not know all the specifics of what went down, but you do know the characters involved.

What?

I'm agreeing with you. Let the viewers be.

There's no way I would have known about specific plot points if I didn't do some extra reading. But lots of people are just strictly show watchers and don't want to be spoiled. Like when people saw previews of this upcoming episode, everyone kept saying "Tower of Joy!". For me it's fine since I've read about it, but I would argue that show watchers don't want to read that ****.
yeah the "what's the problem though?" wasn't directed at you...haha sorry that was confusing. i completely agree with you. 

the issue isn't that the "tower of joy" is a big spoiler. the issue is that this is the tv thread and people should respect their wishes to not be introduced to any knowledge from the books. 

put it in a spoiler tag...honestly yall should just discuss it in the book thread

dude said go read the books so you can join the conversation :lol:

there's a reason why there's a Book thread and a Show thread.
Yeah you clearly missed the point of that comment.

We have strictly show watchers who have asked some questions about past events this season. There is absolutely nothing wrong if someone answers them.

There has also been some speculation of how future events can unfold, absolutely nothing wrong with that either. We are in uncharted territory now and unlike past seasons where we had some members blantly ruin plot lines with "theories", that simply isn't possible anymore.

I just don't agree with the people in here who think anything can be spoiled, even when extra insight to a character is discussed.

started rewatching from the beginning today, man there's so much stuff that I forgot. pretty interesting watching with a different perspective already knowing how each move the characters made unfolded.

Eddard was dead early :smh:  :lol:  

Yeah, I don't know why but I bought the season 1 collection just to be able to watch everything with commentary :lol:

What season/episode did the Red Witch meet up with the guy who comes back from the dead? The one where they tell her the story in the cave or something.

I only started yesterday so im still on season 1 but that happened sometime in season 3 I believe.

is gendry ever coming back? 
nerd.gif

I feel like Arya will never truly become "No One" because didn't she hide Needle? I feel like that sword will make an appearance at some point thus meaning she is still "Arya Stark"

Excuse me if something happened to Needle, but I don't recall anything

She's just trying to fake them out. Ultimately, she still wants her revenge after all that training.

I feel like Arya will never truly become "No One" because didn't she hide Needle? I feel like that sword will make an appearance at some point thus meaning she is still "Arya Stark"

Yeah, I feel like that could be the thing to bring her back once she becomes "no one" for real.

Or going by more realistic GoT outcomes, she gets stabbed by it officially killing Arya and becoming "no one" :nerd:

Yeah, I feel like that could be the thing to bring her back once she becomes "no one" for real.

Or going by more realistic GoT outcomes, she gets stabbed by it officially killing Arya and becoming "no one" :nerd:

IMG_3810.GIF

Back
Top Bottom