Official Green Bay Packers @ Seattle Seahawks Screw Job

Packers don't score TD without the ******** PI on Kam. It goes both ways. Refs sucked all game but the TD call was correct.

After reading the rules, this was actually the RIGHT CALL.
[This is a problem with the rule, not the call, the replacement ref and the real NFL review ref got it right.

Jesus Christ.........

Tate had possession? Tate NEVER HAD POSSESSION. JENNINGS HAD BOTH ARMS AROUND THE BALL AND THE BALL WAS IN HIS CHEST. TATE HAD ONE HAND TOUCHING THE BALL, THE OTHER HAND HAD POSSESSION OF JENNING'S ARM, SHOULDER PAD, AND GOD KNOWS WHAT. NOT ONLY THAT BUT ONCE TATE LANDS ON THE GROUND HIS RIGHT HAND COMES OFF THE BALL NUMOUROUS TIMES AS HE TRIES TO GRASP FOR THE BALL.

IF YOU SEE ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN INT YOU NEED TO STOP WATCHING FOOTBALL.....

I'm done..

:smh:

????
The two pictures I posted shows Tate with two hands on the ball and the picture posted on last page when on the ground.

Get on photoshop and highlight both his hands on the ball...Not his arms in Jenning's chest, but the actual hand on the ball...I'll wait..

I agreed it was an interception until i read the rules today. You agree Tate had one hand on it, the gif I posted CLEARLY shows Tate's right hand grabbing ball to gain possession. It doesn't logically make sense but those are the rules.

The gif shows tate grabbing jennings arms....

Tate never had possesion, he MAY have touched it for a second, but jennings had full possesion throughout the WHOLE time even when he fell to the ground. Tate didnt even have possession when his feet landed and MUCH less when he fell. Evaluate whether you know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
^^
how far after the fact was that pic? in the gif you posted its clear jennings had possession.

Read what I said earlier. By rule, Jennings doesn't have possession until he has two feet down. I think it's stupid just to debate this one play though, Packers wouldn't have scored without Kam PI or missed holdings, Hawks wouldn't have scored without RTP or Tate push off. Refs won this game.

Last edited:
TWO HANDS ON BALL

Come on now bro. You say Tate clearly had possession as soon as his feet touched the ground. Show me a replay or picture that clearly shows both of his hands ON THE BALL AT THE SAME TIME BOTH OF IS FEET TOUCH. We have already established that whether or not Jennings by rule had possession (control of ball and two feet on the ground as you state), he had control of the ball in both arms up against his chest, and that holds true throughout the whole scuffle. The ball NEVER left his chest so I can safely and positively assume that as soon as he touches the ground with both feet he "technically" has possession. There is no CLEAR evidence that can prove Tate had BOTH hands on the ball, even when his feet touch the ground. It's actually quite the opposite, since proof shows that he repeatedly moved his hand off the ball and grabbed Jennings arm, shoulder pad, and then appear to stuff the hand inside Jennings CHEST.

There is NO WAY IN HELL, a competent referee would call this a TD due to simlutaneous poessession since there is NO EVIDENCE THAT TATE EVER HAD POSSESSION OF THE BALL. JENNINGS HAD CONTROL OF THE BALL IN HIS ARMS, UP AGAINST HIS CHEST, FROM THE HIGHEST POINT, UNTIL HE HIT THE GROUND, THEREFORE IT WAS CLEARY AN INTERCEPTION.

Last edited:
twozerosix, stop posting pictures and watch the play in video.

Do you CLEARLY see how many times Tate either took his hand(s) off the ball entirely and/or readjusted the placements of his hand(s)?

Those instances alone gave up possession to Jennings.

Smarten up.

Read what I said earlier. By rule, Jennings doesn't have possession until he has two feet down. I think it's stupid just to debate this one play though, Packers wouldn't have scored without Kam PI or missed holdings, Hawks wouldn't have scored without RTP or Tate push off. Refs won this game.

This one play mattered much more than any of the other missed calls during the entire game. Everything up to that point evened out for the most part. What Didnt even out was the very last call of the game that DIRECTLY decided the outcome. None of the other calls or missed calls DIRECTLY decided the outcome of the game. Did the Hawks D play well enough to win? Yes. Did the Packers D play well enough to win? Yes. Was the very last play of the game a INT? Yes

Not only that but also the overturned interception due to the "roughing the passer" when he was cearly outside the pocket. The only protection QBs get outside the pocket is helmet to helmet contact.
and then the following OPI that was never called...that was as blatant of a push from the back if i ever saw one..not sure who did it but heres another one: sidney rice having his arms around the neck and shoulder of the CB/S and then pushing off of him (bringing the defender down while he jumps up) and the PI is called on GB..oh, and then the hail mary call with a OPI....in the last posession, the hawks were clearly being brought yards to in hand by the refs. and its disgraceful. i only watch other games when i bet them. being that im from philly, count me in to watch a NFC matchup due to the fact that im in eagle country.....but outside of that? i only watch other games because betting them makes it that more enjoyable...but from now on im not watching anything other than a good nfc game. if you guys do the same im sure ratings would be hurting. im freakin glad that boardwalk empire comes on at 9 now anyway along with reruns right after so i can catch the lil stuff i missed.

A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here.
b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands
Yes, Jennings caught the ball first but did not technically have possession or a "catch" as he was still in the air. Tate gained possesion with two hands on the ball and both feet down, while Jennings still didn't have possession or "caught" the ball, as he didn't have two feet down.

Left hand on ball

Right hand on ball, still looks like neither foot down for Jennings

By the time Jennings got both feet down, Tate had possession making it a simultaneous catch.
This is a problem with the rule, not the call, the replacement ref and the real NFL review ref got it right.
this is a good review. and im not dismissing any of it. you bring up good points but the thing is is that - 1. tate would have never had a chance in a million years had he not pushed the defender in the endzone. well ok, that doesnt describe what happened after the ball came down..ok well how about 2. tate never had 2 hands on the ball. in the video you can see his right hand trying to pull out jennings hand with tate's left hand being on jennings left hand. then it became 3. when everything was said and done tate looked to have 1...maybe 1 and a half of possession afterwards..jennings had the ball cradled with the ball in his chest. this is inexcusable. 4. the fact that they allowed the people to storm the field, not penalize hawks for not kicking a extra point right after and then not even coming back onto the field to blow it live just shows shadyness. - btw jennings did have possession dude. look at your gif. he goes up, 2 hands on the ball, tucks it in his chest and then all hell breaks loose with that quick *** call from the ref siggin TD. jennings stays in there fighting for his life to hold on and then the hawks storm the pile in joy......*****

Last edited:
I think Tate gained possession before Jennings. If you guys think Tate never had possession at all that's fair.

I think its similar to the CJ play last year, right call, bad rule. Was that a TD to you guys or not?

Of course he thinks Tate caught the ball look at his username, its 206, seattles area code. He either had to be a seacock fan or an idiot to think it was a catch.
Xhyvoo.gif

A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here.
b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands
Yes, Jennings caught the ball first but did not technically have possession or a "catch" as he was still in the air. Tate gained possesion with two hands on the ball and both feet down, while Jennings still didn't have possession or "caught" the ball, as he didn't have two feet down.

Left hand on ball

Right hand on ball, still looks like neither foot down for Jennings

By the time Jennings got both feet down, Tate had possession making it a simultaneous catch.
This is a problem with the rule, not the call, the replacement ref and the real NFL review ref got it right.

CLOSE THIS THREAD>

I did not buy into the BULL CRAP HYPE, but the refs made the right call on this one. Good for the Packers though. Good that they lost because they should be playing a lot better. You have literally 4-5 DBs in white and they should stop trying to be hero and swat that ball down or out of bounds.

I reviewed the plays, and videos and yes, it would be considered a simultaneous catch. Whether in full speed or slow speed, this call was correct!

Packers don't score TD without the ******** PI on Kam. It goes both ways. Refs sucked all game but the TD call was correct.
that could be true. and lets be honest, calls go both ways, some more obvious than others..which stirs the drama...but to change the outcome of a game on thee final play??? that is uncalled (pun intended) for. you may have the power as an officer of the law but to say you judge them with the sentencing is so far out of line that it's almost ******ed of them to do so. ok, so what? they got a OPI wrong...or didnt "see" it...but to do it back-to-back-to-baaaack is damn near saying 'we are THAT oblivious and unprepared to be in the NFL' OR 'i put 30k on the game larry, you better put both hands up when i do it and throw a flag when you think it looks like the dumbest time to throw it.''

[COLOR=#RED]SO SPORTS SCIENCE JUST CAME OUT WITH A SCIENTIFIC PROOF VIDEO SHOWING IT WAS CLEARLY AN INTERCEPTION......WHERE ALL YOU BOYS SAYING IT WAS A TD???[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom