OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by dland24

I hear what you are saying 715, but if you amnesty Lee, hope Paul makes Andris look serviceable and trade him, doesnt that scenario give us money for Chris' pal Dwight? Doesnt Paul, Monta, Wright, whoever, and Dwight make you an elite team if you fill the roster with vets and role players?

To answer your question directly - yes.  All of that put together is a recipe for success.
But now you're putting all your hopes on Biedrins' shoulders.  Even Biedrins' parents don't have that much faith in the kid.  He had an Andres Torres type season and got paid for it.  He came back down to Earth and has played within his basketball talent since.

Lets say Paul and Howard each sign and average to make roughly 40 million per season together (and that's SUPER conservative).  Monta is making 11 and Wright makes 4.  That's 55.  You would have to fill this team with utter trash.  Jeff Adrien, Acie Law ... I mean, wouldn't Amundson be out of our budget?  That just away says it all. 

Am I missing something, fellas?  Until the Heat/Knicks make it work, I'm not a believer in having 1/2/3 players hog >85% of your payroll. 
Awww damn, if that's how the numbers add up then
sick.gif
  Yeah we wouldn't have money for nothing but NBDL players.  I guess that means no Tayshaun possibility with that lineup either huh?

I swear a core of CP3, Monta, Prince and Dwight would be pretty damn
pimp.gif

cardinalsbet.jpg

It won't be on this level but I wish you luck. 
laugh.gif
I hope this was a huge cards fan and not just someone who is part of the 1% and/or a huge gambling addict.

Iceberg Slim, I see that youre a Spurs fan ... Ever been to AT&T Center?

I need tips for getting some grub before the game and cheap parking.

Never had the opportunity, never been to texas. But I will be going before I die. 

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Warriors[/h3]
A source confirmed an ESPN.com report that talks between the Warriors and Hornets regarding Paul slowed on Wednesday, but I'm told not to read too much into it. I can't see Golden State giving up its young core of second-year guard Stephen Curry, rookie guard Klay Thompson and second-year forward Ekpe Udoh without assurances that Paul will stay beyond this season, and that is only likely to happen if they land Chandler.

It made sense then that the Warriors turned their attention to Chandler on Tuesday night, when they met with him in L.A. after having discussions with his representatives the week before. What's more, it behooved the Warriors to start handling the Chandler/Paul components separately even though they might be linked, as their players arrived in town this week and the possibility for ruffled feathers increased.

Right on cue, Curry told local media on Wednesday that he was informed by general manager Larry Riley and new coach Mark Jackson that he was "safe and secure" before elaborating on his view of the situation.

"Obviously, there's the business of basketball and there are things that may happen with a GM having to make a decision for the best interest of the team," Curry told reporters. "When you have a guy like Chris Paul, who is a franchise player, that's something you really have to think about with anybody on the roster. I understand that. I'm not going to be upset if they entertained that."

The Warriors might have the toughest sales job of this bunch, but there are additional reasons for cautious optimism among those fans who want this trade. As was the hope when owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber hired Jackson, I'm told Paul is among the many players who respect the former New York point guard and TNT analyst and see him adding credibility to their situation.

The addition of lead assistant Michael Malone shouldn't be overlooked, either: He was second-in-command on the Hornets' staff last season when they were the most-improved defensive team in the league under first-year coach Monty Williams.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/07/chris.paul/index.html#ixzz1ftswvfV2

The addition of lead assistant Michael Malone shouldn't be overlooked, either: He was second-in-command on the Hornets' staff last season when they were the most-improved defensive team in the league under first-year coach Monty Williams.

Didn't know that.  That's a promising stat.

[h3]Warriors Willing To Deal Ellis For Paul Without Extension Promise[/h3]
Dec 07, 2011 8:14 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh_111113.jpg
According to sources, the Hornets expressed interest in trading Chris Paul to the Warriors and they engaged in talks. There hasn't been an expectation of anything getting done from Golden State's perspective because of the understanding that Paul wouldn't sign off on an extension.

But there is a circumstance in which the Warriors would be willing to trade for Paul as a rental and that would be if Monta Ellis went to New Orleans in return.

Retaining Curry would allow the Warriors to preserve their best trade chip and he could also possibly play shooting guard beside Paul.

Trading Curry and Tyson Chandler to the Magic for Dwight Howard could be a possibility at a later date.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Paul_Without_Extension_Promise#ixzz1fuK25xV9

Bill Simmons had an article today that went something like this. Chris Paul to Golden State for Curry, Udoh and Thompson, followed by Golden State using its amnesty on Biedrins and signing Chandler. Meanwhile, Golden State ends up with a nucleus of Paul, Chandler, David Lee and either Monta Ellis or whomever they get in a deal for Monta Ellis. (Andre Iguodala? Rudy Gay?)

CP3
Iggy or Gay
Wright
D-Lee
Tyson

Do it Lacob, Guber, and West!!!!!

[h3]GOLDEN STATE[/h3]
The Trade: Chris Paul for Stephen Curry, Ekpe Udoh and Klay Thompson.

Additional Notes: For Paul to agree, Golden State would have to use its amnesty on Andris Biedrins and sign Tyson Chandler for whatever it takes. That's a ton of money, but Golden State's new owners (Joe Lacob and Peter Guber) are your classic "I just bought an NBA team! I want to win now! Why can't we win now???? Let's win now!" guys. I know our pal Marc Stein reported this afternoon that the Warriors are hesitating to include Curry in any Paul deal, but couldn't that just be posturing? I think those owners would make all of the aforementioned moves (and spend the additional millions it took) without blinking.
When I spent time with Lacob last March at the Sloan Conference, I was stunned by how adamantly he wanted to win right away — part of it was admirable, part of it made me think, Oh, man, all bets are off for this guy from a Dumb Trade/Dumb Contract standpoint. The good news here: Turning Curry, Udoh, Thompson and $27 million of dead Biedrins money into the league's best point guard and the second-best player on last year's NBA champion isn't dumb.

The Verdict: This trade actually works AND makes sense. New Orleans flips Paul into three cheap pieces, saves $8 million, rebuilds around Curry and still has about $21 million to spend on free agents. Let's say the Hornets re-signed David West and used their extra cap space on a rebounder (say, Kris Humphries) and a one-year bid on an amnesty guy (say, Baron Davis). That's a pretty fascinating team, right? Curry, West, Okafor, Humphries, Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Jarret Jack, Udoh and Baron Davis??? Meanwhile, Golden State ends up with a nucleus of Paul, Chandler, David Lee and either Monta Ellis or whomever they get in a deal for Monta Ellis. (Andre Iguodala? Rudy Gay?) As Jack Horner's editor would say, that's a real team, Jack.

My Final Prediction: Chris Paul to Golden State for Curry, Udoh and Thompson, followed by Golden State using its amnesty on Biedrins and signing Chandler. Welcome to relevancy, Warriors fans. You deserve it.

(PS: Sorry, Philbrick, I have no idea how this ended up topping 2,700 words. I promise to take Day 5 of the "12 Days of NBA Christmas" off unless something HUGE happens. Like, really, really huge. Like Paul or Howard getting traded, or Rondo deciding to turn against his country like Tom Walker did in Homeland. In the meantime, let's warn the Centers for Disease Control about the Grantland Swine Flu ahead of time just to be safe.)

http://www.grantland.com/...fourth-day-nba-christmas

i hate the anticipation of whats going to happen...

only to be let down almost always/ nothing happens.

I still think I would rather have no deal if CP isn't going to give us the assurance he will resign with us.

At best its a 2nd round exit in the playoffs. I'm not willing to trade monta or curry for that...

Originally Posted by Luong1209

[h3]Warriors Willing To Deal Ellis For Paul Without Extension Promise[/h3]
Dec 07, 2011 8:14 PM EST

According to sources, the Hornets expressed interest in trading Chris Paul to the Warriors and they engaged in talks. There hasn't been an expectation of anything getting done from Golden State's perspective because of the understanding that Paul wouldn't sign off on an extension.

But there is a circumstance in which the Warriors would be willing to trade for Paul as a rental and that would be if Monta Ellis went to New Orleans in return.

Retaining Curry would allow the Warriors to preserve their best trade chip and he could also possibly play shooting guard beside Paul.

Trading Curry and Tyson Chandler to the Magic for Dwight Howard could be a possibility at a later date.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Paul_Without_Extension_Promise#ixzz1fuK25xV9

Im for this... and try to sign J-Rich
Paul

Richardson

Wright

Lee

Howard

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ummmm.....yea so chandler will sign knowing hes gonna be traded to orlando?
laugh.gif
who wrote that article?

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Bill Simmons had an article today that went something like this. Chris Paul to Golden State for Curry, Udoh and Thompson, followed by Golden State using its amnesty on Biedrins and signing Chandler. Meanwhile, Golden State ends up with a nucleus of Paul, Chandler, David Lee and either Monta Ellis or whomever they get in a deal for Monta Ellis. (Andre Iguodala? Rudy Gay?)

CP3
Iggy or Gay
Wright
D-Lee
Tyson

Do it Lacob, Guber, and West!!!!!
Going off HoopsHype...

Paul - $16.4mil
Iguodala - $13.5mil
Wright - $4mil
Lee - $11.6mil
Chandler - $12mil (let's just say he gets $12mil)

That's $57.5mil with the cap at $58mil. So what money are we going use on the other 10 players to fill out the roster?

I just used Iguodala instead of Gay in that scenario because Iguodala was the cheaper of the two.

[h1]Chandler has offer from Warriors[/h1]December 8, 2011, 9:06 am

byline_matt_steinmetz2.png

The ball is in Tyson Chandler’s court.

With NBA free agents allowed to officially sign contracts onFriday, Chandler has a deal from the Warriors in front of him worth more than$60 million over four years, according to two league sources.

The Warriors have made Chandler Priority No. 1 thisoffseason, and they hope to get an answer from Chandler on Day 1 of freeagency. The hope is by Friday the Warriors will know if they have a defensiveanchor at center or whether they’ll have to go in another direction.

In order to sign Chandler – assuming he agrees – theWarriors will likely have to amnesty center Andris Biedrins, still owed $27million over three years.
http://

Chandler is considered one of the best big men in thisyear’s free agent class – along with Nene and Marc Gasol. But among thosethree, Chandler is by far the best defender – important to the Warriors becausethey want to place more of an emphasis on that end of the court under new coach Mark Jackson.

Chandler helped the Dallas Mavericks secure their first-everNBA championship in 2011, and the door hasn’t been closed on a return there,according to a source. However, Chandler indicated more than week ago hebelieved his days in Dallas were over.

Chandler averaged 10.1 points and 9.4 rebounds in 27.8minutes per game last season. However, Chandler missed significant portions ofeach of the previous two seasons with injury.

A message was left with Chandler's agent, Jeff Schwartz, for comment, but he has not returned calls.

If the Warriors were to sign Chandler, he would no doubtupgrade their interior defense, a woeful shortcoming of the team last season.Chandler is considered one of the best in the league at protecting the rim – a neededasset because the Warriors’ perimeter players often struggle keeping theopposition out of the lane.

Just saw the deal on csn a couple minutes ago. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this deal. They still need to bring another big body, but I think this would definitely lock a playoff spot for the team. That's still a lot of money for a one dimensional player.

Yikes....I don't really like this, but whatever. What's another decade of no playoff appearences?

Back
Top Bottom