Official Hangover Part 2 thread 5-26-11

Kanye snippet again.
30t6p3b.gif
I don't mind seeing Lauren(Jamie Chung) again though.
pimp.gif
They gotta stop showing Ken Jeong's mini-me.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
It wasn't all that good but I expect it to make hella money Memorial Day weekend.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

these recent responses is what I addressed in my revision of the review...the "copycat" style from director Todd Phillips, which was obviously done on purpose, but you had to wish for a tad more originality
It's the REAL reason he never did an Old School sequel. He knew he couldn't duplicate the original. But Hangover was so big he basically had to do it. And he knew it'd get crapped on, so he just did the same movie in a different setting. It pleases most people, it'll make a kajillion dollars, the critics would hate it regardless, and in the end, nobody cares. There wasn't going to be anything original about this, and anyone hoping for such is a fool.

these recent responses is what I addressed in my revision of the review...the "copycat" style from director Todd Phillips, which was obviously done on purpose, but you had to wish for a tad more originality
It's the REAL reason he never did an Old School sequel. He knew he couldn't duplicate the original. But Hangover was so big he basically had to do it. And he knew it'd get crapped on, so he just did the same movie in a different setting. It pleases most people, it'll make a kajillion dollars, the critics would hate it regardless, and in the end, nobody cares. There wasn't going to be anything original about this, and anyone hoping for such is a fool.

To add: it's like a popular nightclub that re-brands itself. The old one was poppin', everyone tells their friends, it's all good, great crowds for a couple years....then it starts to die. So you re-paint some walls, move a few couches around, maybe change some decor, but the physical space doesn't change. You slap a new name on it, and all of a sudden, it's the hottest club in town again. There's a handful of people who say "wait, this is the same club and they didn't really change anything," but the majority of the crowd doesn't care. They want to go to the hot new club.

That's what sequels like this are.

To add: it's like a popular nightclub that re-brands itself. The old one was poppin', everyone tells their friends, it's all good, great crowds for a couple years....then it starts to die. So you re-paint some walls, move a few couches around, maybe change some decor, but the physical space doesn't change. You slap a new name on it, and all of a sudden, it's the hottest club in town again. There's a handful of people who say "wait, this is the same club and they didn't really change anything," but the majority of the crowd doesn't care. They want to go to the hot new club.

That's what sequels like this are.

Originally Posted by theDEEK

What did you guys expect? It was obscenely obvious that the format would be rehashed once we saw the first trailer. A bunch of us on NT pointed it out.
laugh.gif

Knowing this fact, I knew it was coming, but the situations and jokes were still hilarious.

Yeah- there were a few hilarious scenes, but some was over the top. I didn't need to see those 'strippers' Bangkoks... Feel me? Also, Alan didn't have any one-liners like he did in the first one... And the song Stu sang was better in the first one too!!!

Originally Posted by theDEEK

What did you guys expect? It was obscenely obvious that the format would be rehashed once we saw the first trailer. A bunch of us on NT pointed it out.
laugh.gif

Knowing this fact, I knew it was coming, but the situations and jokes were still hilarious.

Yeah- there were a few hilarious scenes, but some was over the top. I didn't need to see those 'strippers' Bangkoks... Feel me? Also, Alan didn't have any one-liners like he did in the first one... And the song Stu sang was better in the first one too!!!

I think I genuinely laughed the most when the credits came on and you saw all the photos.

It was good, not amazing, but it's pretty hard to beat an incredible movie with a sequel.

I think I genuinely laughed the most when the credits came on and you saw all the photos.

It was good, not amazing, but it's pretty hard to beat an incredible movie with a sequel.

it was funny. but it was a forgettable funny.

can't say i'm disappointed because my expectations weren't high to begin with. i enjoyed it, but it didn't have any memorable lines like the first one did.

Spoiler [+]
the scene where alan started crying though
laugh.gif

can't say i'm disappointed because my expectations weren't high to begin with. i enjoyed it, but it didn't have any memorable lines like the first one did.

Spoiler [+]
the scene where alan started crying though
laugh.gif

I LOVED the first one, and knew this wouldn't be as good, but damn it was the same exact movie and flow as the first one...

Spoiler [+]
Take trip to place with Kanye song playing, speech at the table, get wasted and pass out, wake up and find an animal in the room, find clues, Stu sings a song, do an exchange and they guy is not Teddy then the other exchange is a set up, call wife to tell her they messed up, remember where person would be, go back to make it in wedding one more time, look at photos.

It had some funny parts, but I was kind of disappointed.

I LOVED the first one, and knew this wouldn't be as good, but damn it was the same exact movie and flow as the first one...

Spoiler [+]
Take trip to place with Kanye song playing, speech at the table, get wasted and pass out, wake up and find an animal in the room, find clues, Stu sings a song, do an exchange and they guy is not Teddy then the other exchange is a set up, call wife to tell her they messed up, remember where person would be, go back to make it in wedding one more time, look at photos.

It had some funny parts, but I was kind of disappointed.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
I was going to ask if you were a movie critic or something because I see you promote your blog / movie reviews in every movie thread.

Then I saw your blog title and saw it was a movie blog.
It's my 2nd hobby. I'd love to get into the movie industry as a critic, I love movies and I do my best to inform and give opinions etc.

My site has really been doing well. I started it from nothing...and I have over 18K hits since February.

From nobody knowing the site to now avg about 200-600 hits a day and growing, I think I'm doing pretty good so far.
That's good to hear.  If you don't have ads already, try to get some and get that money.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will this afternoon.  I think it'd be funny if Bridesmaids ends up being the better movie.  Most people automatically wrote off Bridesmaids as being bad without watching it and had high hopes for the Hangover sequel.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
I was going to ask if you were a movie critic or something because I see you promote your blog / movie reviews in every movie thread.

Then I saw your blog title and saw it was a movie blog.
It's my 2nd hobby. I'd love to get into the movie industry as a critic, I love movies and I do my best to inform and give opinions etc.

My site has really been doing well. I started it from nothing...and I have over 18K hits since February.

From nobody knowing the site to now avg about 200-600 hits a day and growing, I think I'm doing pretty good so far.
That's good to hear.  If you don't have ads already, try to get some and get that money.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I will this afternoon.  I think it'd be funny if Bridesmaids ends up being the better movie.  Most people automatically wrote off Bridesmaids as being bad without watching it and had high hopes for the Hangover sequel.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Perfect description of the movie. 30 minutes later when I was getting a sub I couldn't remember most of the movie.

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Perfect description of the movie. 30 minutes later when I was getting a sub I couldn't remember most of the movie.

It was funny, enjoyed it but you could tell from the trailer it's the same exact plot. What did you expect? You clearly see in the trailers "We did it again" then you see the same three out doing the same exact stuff

It was funny, enjoyed it but you could tell from the trailer it's the same exact plot. What did you expect? You clearly see in the trailers "We did it again" then you see the same three out doing the same exact stuff

Back
Top Bottom