Official Hangover Part 2 thread 5-26-11

The movie was funny as hell. I'm not really a Diego type movie dude, but it was funny.

One thing that bothered me though, considering not 1 black person had a speaking line or 30 seconds of face time (not that that would have made it any better) , the amount of N-word usage was unsettling.

But the movie was funny man.

The movie was funny as hell. I'm not really a Diego type movie dude, but it was funny.

One thing that bothered me though, considering not 1 black person had a speaking line or 30 seconds of face time (not that that would have made it any better) , the amount of N-word usage was unsettling.

But the movie was funny man.

How do you like the first one and not like this?
I laughed throughout this one more than the first.

How do you like the first one and not like this?
I laughed throughout this one more than the first.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

these recent responses is what I addressed in my revision of the review...the "copycat" style from director Todd Phillips, which was obviously done on purpose, but you had to wish for a tad more originality
the REAL reason he never did an Old School sequel. He knew he couldn't duplicate the original. But Hangover was so big he basically had to do it. And he knew it'd get crapped on, so he just did the same movie in a different setting. It pleases most people, it'll make a kajillion dollars, the critics would hate it regardless, and in the end, nobody cares. There wasn't going to be anything original about this, and anyone hoping for such is a fool.
true.

Phillips said it himself after the movie, he took what they did in the first and went with it, he literally said if it aint broke why fix it.

I have a bunch of info on Hangover 3 I'm just waiting for the right time to write it all up.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

these recent responses is what I addressed in my revision of the review...the "copycat" style from director Todd Phillips, which was obviously done on purpose, but you had to wish for a tad more originality
the REAL reason he never did an Old School sequel. He knew he couldn't duplicate the original. But Hangover was so big he basically had to do it. And he knew it'd get crapped on, so he just did the same movie in a different setting. It pleases most people, it'll make a kajillion dollars, the critics would hate it regardless, and in the end, nobody cares. There wasn't going to be anything original about this, and anyone hoping for such is a fool.
true.

Phillips said it himself after the movie, he took what they did in the first and went with it, he literally said if it aint broke why fix it.

I have a bunch of info on Hangover 3 I'm just waiting for the right time to write it all up.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
I was going to ask if you were a movie critic or something because I see you promote your blog / movie reviews in every movie thread.

Then I saw your blog title and saw it was a movie blog.
It's my 2nd hobby. I'd love to get into the movie industry as a critic, I love movies and I do my best to inform and give opinions etc.

My site has really been doing well. I started it from nothing...and I have over 18K hits since February.

From nobody knowing the site to now avg about 200-600 hits a day and growing, I think I'm doing pretty good so far.
That's good to hear.  If you don't have ads already, try to get some and get that money.
I've been thinking about that but I don't really know how to go about acquiring them.

^
I was going to ask if you were a movie critic or something because I see you promote your blog / movie reviews in every movie thread.

Then I saw your blog title and saw it was a movie blog.
It's my 2nd hobby. I'd love to get into the movie industry as a critic, I love movies and I do my best to inform and give opinions etc.

My site has really been doing well. I started it from nothing...and I have over 18K hits since February.

From nobody knowing the site to now avg about 200-600 hits a day and growing, I think I'm doing pretty good so far.
That's good to hear.  If you don't have ads already, try to get some and get that money.
I've been thinking about that but I don't really know how to go about acquiring them.

I literally rank them as equal. If you enjoyed the first one, more than likely you will enjoy this one. Zach Galifianakis is one funny dude.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I literally rank them as equal. If you enjoyed the first one, more than likely you will enjoy this one. Zach Galifianakis is one funny dude.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I thought it was funny and enjoyed it.
They should've thought of some new scenarios though.  There were scenes / situations that they recycled from the first movie but with new characters.  It would've been better if they had new ideas.

I thought it was funny and enjoyed it.
They should've thought of some new scenarios though.  There were scenes / situations that they recycled from the first movie but with new characters.  It would've been better if they had new ideas.

I'm not gonna front Billy Joel's 'Downeaster Alexa' has been bumping on repeat all day.

Good flick. Was worth it. Probably didn't have the shock and awe factor like the first one did but that should discredit II in anyway.

I'm not gonna front Billy Joel's 'Downeaster Alexa' has been bumping on repeat all day.

Good flick. Was worth it. Probably didn't have the shock and awe factor like the first one did but that should discredit II in anyway.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Movie was okay.

Pretty much a carbon copy of the original.

That scene where they were talking to the stripper/prostitute was
laugh.gif

sick.gif

I figured they might have gone in that direction with that scene but was still kinda surprised they went through with it.

yea that scene caught everybody off guard................i was like 
eek.gif

they really showed that huh...............

i feel it was funny but first one might have been better, i dunno it had a lot of lagging parts

Originally Posted by toine2983

Movie was okay.

Pretty much a carbon copy of the original.

That scene where they were talking to the stripper/prostitute was
laugh.gif

sick.gif

I figured they might have gone in that direction with that scene but was still kinda surprised they went through with it.

yea that scene caught everybody off guard................i was like 
eek.gif

they really showed that huh...............

i feel it was funny but first one might have been better, i dunno it had a lot of lagging parts

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

Originally Posted by jae oh en

it was funny. but it was a forgettable funny.

Perfect description of the movie. 30 minutes later when I was getting a sub I couldn't remember most of the movie.

x3..
caught this @ a drive-in with a friend.. the stuff that was going on around us was more entertaining than 1/5 of the movie.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

Originally Posted by jae oh en

it was funny. but it was a forgettable funny.

Perfect description of the movie. 30 minutes later when I was getting a sub I couldn't remember most of the movie.

x3..
caught this @ a drive-in with a friend.. the stuff that was going on around us was more entertaining than 1/5 of the movie.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom