Official Hangover Part 2 thread 5-26-11

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I WANT people to stop using the damn word. That is what I want, but my word means nothing in this word, fortunately. Yes I mean fortunately.
No one is going to stop saying the n-word because you're so offended by it.
Also the movie is rated R so you should expect to see/hear something that you're not okay with.
With that being said...

I WANT people to stop using the damn word. That is what I want, but my word means nothing in this word, fortunately. Yes I mean fortunately.
No one is going to stop saying the n-word because you're so offended by it.
Also the movie is rated R so you should expect to see/hear something that you're not okay with.
With that being said...

I really don't understand people not thinking it wasn't funny or even those complaining about it copying the first film.I loved the 1st one and the sequel by following the same formula with a grander location and situations made it great. I don't mind the structure of the films being the same (opening and ending the same way) or even the same music cues (starting with another Danzig song, using another Kanye song etc). The formula worked and was still funny when repeated. I thought it was great and funny as hell!

I really don't understand people not thinking it wasn't funny or even those complaining about it copying the first film.I loved the 1st one and the sequel by following the same formula with a grander location and situations made it great. I don't mind the structure of the films being the same (opening and ending the same way) or even the same music cues (starting with another Danzig song, using another Kanye song etc). The formula worked and was still funny when repeated. I thought it was great and funny as hell!

We share some of the same feelings about the word (particularly the foolishness of people who say that there is a difference between the two) but as I see it it's just another way for non-black people to copy us...it'll never stop so we just have to keep reinventing ourselves. 
imo. 

We share some of the same feelings about the word (particularly the foolishness of people who say that there is a difference between the two) but as I see it it's just another way for non-black people to copy us...it'll never stop so we just have to keep reinventing ourselves. 
imo. 

I hate to say it but bridesmaids > hangover 2. Saw both this weekend and laughed much harder during bridesmaids. In loved the first hangover but this one just did too much for me.

I hate to say it but bridesmaids > hangover 2. Saw both this weekend and laughed much harder during bridesmaids. In loved the first hangover but this one just did too much for me.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

It's your opinion, but I think you're buggin'

Bridesmaids could have been MUCH better had they pushed the envelope a little more.  People thought it was out of this world due to the novelty of the women doing raunchy things.  Movie was overrated. 

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

It's your opinion, but I think you're buggin'

Bridesmaids could have been MUCH better had they pushed the envelope a little more.  People thought it was out of this world due to the novelty of the women doing raunchy things.  Movie was overrated. 

Originally Posted by Nash

imo. 
Yea but I am not flattered by that form of mimicking.  Like I said, it just seems like they had a meeting and said, "Hey lets throw in the N-word." Like my man above said, they just used it for a cheap laugh. So it is just cool that other folks say it in a public film where there isn't even a black person in a shot for more than 30 seconds? That wouldn't make it right but damn I just don't even see why it was thrown in there.

@ Dude telling me that since it is R Rated I should EXPECT it. Yea sure. I wonder if this will start a new craze of folks using this word just for the hell of it in mass media.

imo. 
Yea but I am not flattered by that form of mimicking.  Like I said, it just seems like they had a meeting and said, "Hey lets throw in the N-word." Like my man above said, they just used it for a cheap laugh. So it is just cool that other folks say it in a public film where there isn't even a black person in a shot for more than 30 seconds? That wouldn't make it right but damn I just don't even see why it was thrown in there.

@ Dude telling me that since it is R Rated I should EXPECT it. Yea sure. I wonder if this will start a new craze of folks using this word just for the hell of it in mass media.

imo. 
wont even front
this is true.

imo. 
wont even front
this is true.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Were all those girls really ******s?

my home boy was like those girl are sexy
sick.gif
, I said they were dudes but he didn't believe me till he saw
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Were all those girls really ******s?

my home boy was like those girl are sexy
sick.gif
, I said they were dudes but he didn't believe me till he saw
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ the ****** scene, people in the theater were confused for a good minute but i was rollin as soon as  it said releasing sperm.
roll.gif
roll.gif

overall it was a funny flick.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ the ****** scene, people in the theater were confused for a good minute but i was rollin as soon as  it said releasing sperm.
roll.gif
roll.gif

overall it was a funny flick.

Regarding the use of the "N-word", I thought it weird that some on the set of the Hangover 2 had problems with Mel Gibson being in it when the movie itself uses the N-word like he did.

As for it in the movie, the time Allan uses it to describe what Mr Chow texted him I take as an example of how some see it being used so often in music that they use it not as a racial slur but now just slang used by those trying to be about that life they hear in music/see in movies. The character of Mr Chow takes drugs, has his genitals exposed and uses the N-word...so I would just take that as many faults of the character (thus we shouldnt do it and its wrong). Mr Chow calling the club owner it also shows this.

Also the song "Pusherman" by Curtis Mayfield in the movie is like 40 yrs old and uses the N-word shows how long its been used in music.

To me, Im more outraged by the substitute of other words in place of the N-word and that being common place. Like if a t-shirt says something like "Ninja, please" I think thats inappropriate and closeted

Regarding the use of the "N-word", I thought it weird that some on the set of the Hangover 2 had problems with Mel Gibson being in it when the movie itself uses the N-word like he did.

As for it in the movie, the time Allan uses it to describe what Mr Chow texted him I take as an example of how some see it being used so often in music that they use it not as a racial slur but now just slang used by those trying to be about that life they hear in music/see in movies. The character of Mr Chow takes drugs, has his genitals exposed and uses the N-word...so I would just take that as many faults of the character (thus we shouldnt do it and its wrong). Mr Chow calling the club owner it also shows this.

Also the song "Pusherman" by Curtis Mayfield in the movie is like 40 yrs old and uses the N-word shows how long its been used in music.

To me, Im more outraged by the substitute of other words in place of the N-word and that being common place. Like if a t-shirt says something like "Ninja, please" I think thats inappropriate and closeted

Good movie.  Remember folks, its just a movie. 

People complaining about the use of the 'N word, but there were so many other "politically incorrect" things in this movie, it wasn't funny.

Not as good as the first, but I was crying @ some parts.  "Yeah, first I dropped my load, than yours"
roll.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom