Official Healthcare Education and Career Thread

Sup NT,
I know we have some current or future RN's, Surgical Techs, Medical Lab Scientists, Surgeons, Optometrists, Radiology Techs, Geneticists, Biochemists, Biophysicists, Pharmacists, Physical Therapists, Internists, Immunologists etc up in here.

Share some of your experiences dealing with education and employment in this ever growing and critically important field.

Let's exchange information and inspiration.

ben_ca1.jpg

Moleculargeneticistsettingupanexperiment1-3-4-5-5-0-0-0-0-0-0.jpg

asian%20scientist.jpg

-
cosmetic-surgeon.jpg

Practicing as a Physician Assistant with emphasis on orthopaedics.

Bachelor's in Health Science from University of Miami
Master of Medical Science from Nova Southeastern
Doctor of Health Science from Nova Southeastern

I graduated with my Master's about 3 years ago, finished my Doctorate not too long ago. Went to Hong Kong a couple years back on an extended internship that I was picked for. I co own and operate an Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic clinic with my father in law (who's an MD). Went to Haiti for 2 weeks in 2010 to help out.

As far as my experience in school, it is favorable. Met a lot of cool people in the field during undergrad and through grad school. One thing that I will tell people who are seeking this as a career or in undergrad:

Be cool with your professors. Ask a lot of questions, use their office hours efficiently, make them know you on a first name basis. They will share a whole lot of knowledge, more than what you pay for in tuition. Join HOSA and other field specific clubs and organizations. Be involved. It will help out tremendously not only later on in life but during admissions to post grad education.

biochem pre-med california junior college student.
my opinon, if youre pre-med and you want to get done fast. DO NOT GO TO A CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE

from day 1 out of high school i didnt take any classes i didnt need for my major and/or transferring

im 3 years in and on my last year.

the 2 years and out thing is a lie. they cant possibly have all the classes you need to transfer in 2 years

Yo Rashi I'm interested in Ortho, I may hit you up with some questions later if you don't mind
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom