OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

What?

I meant like they just seem so flat since that last series was emotionally draining. That series felt like it was for the cup. Dudes just exertedtheir energy and grit all on the pens.

Well atleast they dont look as motivated as they did in series 1

i agree 100% 
add the fact flyers are so young with so many rookies that the huge rival series last round and length of season, just sucked what energy they had.. they are losing their legs which is expected.

Originally Posted by Proshares

DSA, it really looks like they thought they should just be handed the conference finals berth.  I don't expect any credit to NJ just comments on Philly playing terrible.  Not like the Devils defense is causing problems and the first ranked PK from the regular season showed up in this series.
agreed. when you watch the last three games, it feels like the devils actually know you have to go out and play the game. last night was ridiculous, devils were ALL over the flyers in the flyers end. aggressive and intense forecheck. almost start to finish. when a coach uses a timeout in a scoreless game just minutes in, it says a lot. we'll see how philly responds with their backs up against the wall...

officially depressed...I really can't understand what is happening

and now I find myself rooting for the Kings as much as I hate Jeff Carter and am indifferent about Mike Richards
this topped off my weekend after going to DC to watch the first 2 games and of course I miss the Hamels bean toss on Harper 
laugh.gif

I still think Philly played above their heads all season and will slide a bit next year... Scott Hartnell jus isnt that good
laugh.gif

I refuse to believe it... fewer than 30 goals next season even if he plays on Gs line all season

as far as the Kings go, for them to gel this quickly is pretty astonishing... goes to show Jeff Carter can be unselfish

Quick is amazing... sux for Bernier but I think hell still find his way to a number 1 spot sumwhere

the Devils are tough... playin the same way they did to end last year. I actually like their chances... alot

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

I still think Philly played above their heads all season and will slide a bit next year... Scott Hartnell jus isnt that good
laugh.gif

I refuse to believe it... fewer than 30 goals next season even if he plays on Gs line all season

James Neal is not a 40 goal scorer either; you sound like a bitter Pens fan...the Flyers have a very bright future 

Originally Posted by StillIn729

laugh.gif

James Neal is not a 40 goal scorer either; you sound like a bitter Pens fan...the Flyers have a very bright future 

your right... Neal wont score 40 again. nor did I ever say he would... the issue at hand is the flyers playing above their heads.

your salty for no reason as always.

Can't wait for tonight....

I'm close to pulling a 180 on Dale Hunter. I can kinda see what's doing now that the team is 11 games into the playoffs. The team has totally bought in to his system. Gonna be a dogfight tonight, and I'm hoping the Caps can pull another rabbit outta their hats and upset the higher seed.

APB on Alex Semin. This would be a great time to score one ya know?
laugh.gif

Not used to this, so the feelings are new to me.  I vaguely remember the '93 Cup Finals, because I shared the TV with 6 aunts at home 
laugh.gif

Just crazy to think that it could become a Phx/LA West Final, considering that both were 12th in the standings at one point in the last couple weeks. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm close to pulling a 180 on Dale Hunter. I can kinda see what's doing now that the team is 11 games into the playoffs. The team has totally bought in to his system. Gonna be a dogfight tonight, and I'm hoping the Caps can pull another rabbit outta their hats and upset the higher seed.

laugh.gif

It's crazy how the caps have been performing much better in the playoffs as a lower seed then they did as a 1 seed the past few seasons. Less pressure, more hungry/focused, good coaching by dale hunter etc. but they look good and the rangers are beatable imo

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Not used to this, so the feelings are new to me.  I vaguely remember the '93 Cup Finals, because I shared the TV with 6 aunts at home 
laugh.gif

Just crazy to think that it could become a Phx/LA West Final, considering that both were 12th in the standings at one point in the last couple weeks. 

93 is what got me into hockey. Lakers lost to Phoenix in the first round while the kings went on that run and all the games were on prime ticket. I remember watching them all excited that a LA team was doing good. Damn shame they gutted most of that team so quick after losing to montreal. Phx LA would be a good series. Ima try and make it to a game. I got center ice tix in the 300 level for game 3 against the blues for 50 on stubhub. I'm hoping prices are similar for this series on the day of the games

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

It's crazy how the caps have been performing much better in the playoffs as a lower seed then they did as a 1 seed the past few seasons. Less pressure, more hungry/focused, good coaching by dale hunter etc. but they look good and the rangers are beatable imo
I think that's exactly it.  From the fanbase, there were ZERO expectations going in seeing how they limped to a playoff spot to begin with
laugh.gif
  In years past, they've topped 100 points and underperformed.  Now, everyone can kind of see the identity Dale Hunter is forming with the team.  Hopefully they can keep it going.  

Originally Posted by frink85

jordan nolan looks a lot like sidney crosby....

SO much so that NBC used Sidneys pic 
laugh.gif

SIII.jpg

93 is what got me into hockey. Lakers lost to Phoenix in the first round while the kings went on that run and all the games were on prime ticket. I remember watching them all excited that a LA team was doing good. Damn shame they gutted most of that team so quick after losing to montreal. Phx LA would be a good series. Ima try and make it to a game. I got center ice tix in the 300 level for game 3 against the blues for 50 on stubhub. I'm hoping prices are similar for this series on the day of the games

The organization pretty much had to, thanks to their crooked owner Bruce McNall, he couldn't pay his bills.  
30t6p3b.gif

Shanny is an !@#. 
based on the rule book, yes a game suspension but based on his previous suspension and fines, he shouldn't be. just a 2500 fine. inconsistent !#%^

Ironically Flyers have played frustrated and lost their cool just like Pitt did in the first series

Yea, a fine would have been sufficient here. Especially since Zubrus came back to score two in the 3rd.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

laugh.gif

your right... Neal wont score 40 again. nor did I ever say he would... the issue at hand is the flyers playing above their heads.

your salty for no reason as always.
and they played above their heads how?  they have a bunch of rising young players not aging veterans, a 2nd round loss is a pretty good year for a team that is positioned to win next year and in the future
you make statements all the time but don't back them up when challenged; you just ignore them

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by frink85

jordan nolan looks a lot like sidney crosby....

SO much so that NBC used Sidneys pic 
laugh.gif

SIII.jpg

The organization pretty much had to, thanks to their crooked owner Bruce McNall, he couldn't pay his bills.  
30t6p3b.gif

That's true I forgot he got locked up for frauding people money wise

roll.gif
roll.gif

this dude patrick kane

at the bar passed out:

asqpqdeciaaf3ii.jpg

but that's not the funny part....look carefully at his shirt, and it's a blown up pic of this:

patrick-kane-limo.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom