OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

welp...great season and terrible end. that was rough. congrats to the Blues. they def deserved it. outside of tonight, they outplayed us 5 on 5 for most of the series

i feel bad for Rask. helluva playoff run but this is gonna weigh down on his legacy (regardless of the fact that he's not to blame on a couple of those goals). fans will go back to being down on him

He was solid this postseason. I honestly don’t follow the Bruins enough to speak on his regular season play, but he was solid most this postseason.

They had multiple opportunities early in the first. If it’s so much as 1-0 Boston early it’s likely a different game.

Congratulations to Blues fans

Jordan Binnington. $650 k salary goalie is a champion. Amazing

giphy.gif

Binnington amazing tonight :wow:

Hate seeing a division rival win it all (especially when Dallas was so close to taking them out), but seeing a team win it all for the first time ever :pimp:

"We apologize, we do realize there was some exultation language going there. That microphone is no longer on."

Hearing Doc have to say that coming back from commercial break :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

MVP should be O'Reilly. absolutely tremendous pickup for them and he turned it on for this

DSA doesn't get the trifecta...Boo...****ing hoo....:lol:

Losing is never fun though.

the ~130 day drought continues :tongue:

nah the Bruins are easily my favorite of the Boston teams (as is hockey of the 4 major sports). so this def. hurts. at least we didn't lose to a team that i hate. the Blues are a likeable bunch for the most part. cool with guys like Tank and Pietrangelo winning

Maybe I'm being cocky and overconfident, I believe we rout STL on Wednesday. I'd be mightily impressed if Binnington rebounds well in G7. Carlo's goal, Boston's second, was soft. We pinned their blue line back. Forecheck was active and good, put shots on net at almost every opportunity. Support of the home crowd. Krejci only registered a single point but he was all over the puck. His footprints are a key reason we won and all over the positive G6 result. "Marchy" had two points, the opening PP goal. "Bergy" did so well to keep the puck alive in the offensive zone. Underrated, subtle play. "Pasta" had a wonderful bit of skill and patience on the fourth goal.

Whomp whomp. BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough game. Can't squander chances like they did against the Blues in period 1. Needed to bury at least one of those. Binnington stood on his head all night. Blue shut sh*t down after that. B's just couldn't handle the physicality and the trend of Blues playing ahead and/or on the road took care of the rest. They earned it like a MF'er.

Congrats to Blues fans. I'm sure they'll party it up appropriately.

After we went down 2-0 I just started getting twisted. Knew they weren't coming back from that for some reason. Just based on how the series progressed.

We've lost out fair share too. Pats x3, Bruins x2, Celtics. The run has been insane. Always in the mix. I'd hate us too TBH.

But anyways, O'Reilly earned MVP. Dude was absent from game 1 and then just went an absolute tear. I thought they were gonna lean toward Binnington at first, but that man gave up too many goals and got yanked in game 3. Too up and down. O'Reilly on the other hand was consistent and had like 8 goals.

We've lost out fair share too. Pats x3, Bruins x2, Celtics. The run has been insane. Always in the mix. I'd hate us too TBH.
I always get hate from my friends because I cheer for the "villain" if my team isn't in it. Love watching the hated teams like the Patriots, Warriors, Alabama (and now I guess Clemson) win titles because of how great they are. But I think I'll always take a team winning their first title over a favorite every day

Also: Pulling for Toronto in the NBA Finals for the same reason. Otherwise I'd be pulling GS to win another one.

End of the day, no love for you Boston fans. You mother****ers have been spoiled for too long :lol:

I know this is the hockey thread, but enjoy the millions of other titles yall have won. It's only been 8 years since the last Stanley Cup :lol:

Back
Top Bottom