Official Houston Rockets 2013 Offseason Thread: Welcome D12 to Houston!

What are our draft picks lookin like for the next draft? Or did we trade them all?
Pretty sure we still own our pick. We traded Toronto's pick(lotto pick, top 3 protected) and Dallas's pick (top 20 protected). We have our pick that is lotto protected. If we make the playoffs it goes to the Hawks.

How bout that win tonight vs the Knicks? Now only if Parsons can play like that every single night...lol.

rockets got lucky last light against the knicks. watch when the rockets come to the garden we're gonna embarrass jeremy lin and the rockets

What do yall think parsons ceiling is? Or do yall think he's already hit it and this is the best he's gonna get?

isnt this only his 2nd season? :lol:

Yea I think so, but I'm asking because it came up between my freinds and I.

For example when we had Budinger, by his 3rd season we already knew what type of player he was gonna be in the league. He didn't play any D and he shot the 3 well and also couldn't ever develop a drive to the basket game. So morey got rid of him because he knew thats the best he was gonna get and at best be a decent starter putting up average numbers or a 6th man. Some other names that come to mind are Landry and Brooks. But after that injury Brooks was never the same :smh:

Honestly I don't know how much better parsons can get. He has shown vast improvement on his 3 pt shot tho.

The difference between parsons and budinger is that parsons actually works to improve, and isn't scared on the court.

The difference between parsons and budinger is that parsons actually works to improve, and isn't scared on the court.

And parsons plays defense. Also Parson is a better ball handler and he can make plays for others.
He's just an overall better player. Parson was the 38th pick, 38th... :smh:

And where the hell did this Greg Smith dude come from? He is a nice young big. The dude finishes around the basket, plays d, rebounds, and can hit his free throws.

The point was not to compare Bud and Chandler lol. I was trying to get yalls opinion on what Parsons ceiling can be. I mentioned Bud because he pretty much reached his highest potential in his 2nd or 3rd season with us so we didn't keep em.

For example yall think Parsons gonna be a role player forever? Can he develop into a borderline all star or maybe an all star? Or be at best a 2nd option? He has to be consistent first of course on the offensive side.

Also speaking of Greg Smith I saw him earlier this year at the gallo :lol:
No one knew who he was lol we had just brought him up from the D league.

I seen Jordan Hill ugly *** too at urban outfitters in the gallo :lol:

@blackxme I've been wanting the Rockets to insert Smith into the line-up somehow since 2011. There's no reason he shouldn't have been getting more minutes before. 6'10, 250, strong as a bull, and finishes at the rim. He's capable of doing what they thought Chuck Hayes was gonna do. What took them so long???

@RoseGoldSuggs I actually thought we were explaining that :lol: I do wanna see another year of high-level play like he's been having before i can make a fair assessment. he definitely has a higher ceiling than Budinger, but I'm not sure about him being a consistent all-star type guy just because of how much talent is in the NBA. I can see him of more than just a role player though. Maybe a really good 3rd guy.

:rofl: at seeing him and Hill there. I'm sure if he gets enough games like he had last night, people will know him

Last edited:
Rockets playing Spurs tonight
nerd.gif
 Didnt even remember
laugh.gif

Ima catch the replay around midnight since its MNF.
pimp.gif

Hopefully them boys able to keep the game competitive. Harden is also out
frown.gif

i know he flubbed the final play, but no love for Jeremy Lin??!

38 pts (11 for 21 FG), 4/5 from 3pt, 7 assists, 3 rebounds 2 steals against the Spurs? :x

lin honestly looks better when he can just play pick and roll basketball and spread the floor. playing off of harden is not a good look for him at all

same goes for harden. both just seem to play better when they dictate the offense

Last edited:
^I agree, Jeremy is just more comfortable with the ball in his hands. He is not a spot up shooter.
It was nice to see him have a good game, but as soon as Harden comes back he'll back to bringing the ball up and giving it to Harden asap

thats why he flourished in new york with dantoni. pure point guard system that allows the PG to do whatever he wants

That is true they both have the same type of games. But I think they need to build their chemistry up more. I want to see em have a full off season together then see how they play after. I think they are gonna be able to straighten it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom