Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

hpsa+ is capable of 21+Mbps or something but t-mobile has no phones capable of hspa+
just hspa(7.2Mbps)

correct me if i'm wrong!

supposedly hspa+ is live in ny/nj but i'm seeing no speed boosts..... ftr i have a nexus one so it's capable of up to 7.2Mbps which in real world means i should average around 3Mbps
I'm floating around 1.2Mbps now

EVO 4G is a beast- need that on t-mo now

I believe AT&T will have LTE also and I believe theirs and Verizons won't be up until later in the year, not sure.

Damn. The Evo 4G. Piffery.

Sprint though? Ughhh. On the eve of the HD2 release I'm seriously contemplating it though.....but....Sprint....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That Evo is serious. I hate the fact that it's CDMA tho, I would cop that for TMo, then again, I don't really rock w/ Android too heavy just yet until they get a free full running office application. Other than that, I like Android but WinMo is more my lane w/ the sensible busiess-like format. HTC is pullin out all the stops this year, Apple who?

this is the first time for me posting/viewing this thread, and i'm not gonna read 77 pages
ohwell.gif
but that HTC EVO 4G phone is siiiick!!!
also noob question: i'm reading about the specs, but what is Sense UI?
http://www.engadget.com/2...-on-the-charted-field-o/

Maaaan the Evo 4G just crashed the Desire/HD2 party, %!@!
laugh.gif
, I want it but don't want Sprint
ohwell.gif

You ain't lyin, damn!
eek.gif

But I already made the mistake of switching carriers, to Sprint ironically, so I won't be doing that again.  If I didn't fall for the iphone hype, I can handle this, although that Evo is a BEAST. 

Tmobile, and the HD2, is just fine by me, for now.

^^^
Yup....and if something better comes out, we can just sell the HD2 on ebay for $350-450 and buy the new phone flat out........
smile.gif

Sorry, I have been looking around and have read that the nexus one is out for verizon and that they're training employees on the phone, Incredible. Does anybody know where to get the specs or if when exactly it will be out, if there will be a display for it to play around with, and how it compares to others? Thanks for any help.

Just ordered my hd2 through tmo.....they changed their upgrade policy for this release tho....tried to charge me 330.....but I threatened to leave for sprint and get the supersonic.....and they have it to me for 199.99.....AND they have me free express shipping because I was on hold for soo long.......see....this is why I !@!@ wit tmobile....their customer service is the #!%+!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Only thing really keeping me with the BB is the BBM.

My mom recent switched back to my old Mogul so she just has her TP2 laying around.

Is it possible for me to put an Android ROM on it?

Yes it is, just hit up XDA. Last time I checked it was in the process, not sure how far along they have went with it or how stable it is.
I have Android running on my TP2 and it is not ready to be your main OS (no bluetooth, sound, gps.. but you can make calls and texts). Its stable enough to just get a feel for the OS.  The marketplace works so you can download apps and all that.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Just ordered my hd2 through tmo.....they changed their upgrade policy for this release tho....tried to charge me 330.....but I threatened to leave for sprint and get the supersonic.....and they have it to me for 199.99.....AND they have me free express shipping because I was on hold for soo long.......see....this is why I !@!@ wit tmobile....their customer service is the #!%+!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Yup, that's why I love TMO's service.  They stay letting customers slide, especially if you're a long-time customer. 

I ordered the HD2 via CC this morning on the way to work.  Took about 5 minutes and should be here on Friday. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i went to tmo and picked up the hd2 and i already returned it, phone is trash windows makes it crap adding music and video to it was exhausting add in the fact that the software it put on my computer fd my computer up (kept telling me i wasnt connected to wifi when it was open i resatrted my comp about 5x and relised it wont let me connect to wifi when my hd2 was plugged in or that software was up) it was surprisingly slow (i have an iphone 3g and was expecting to be wowed and wasnt) the web browser was a mess and i thought the touch screen wasnt very responsive either, and dont get me started on the terrible app store, email was crappy to way to many steps just to view my enitre inbox, i was so excited for this phone and easily one of my biggest electronic letdowns ever, on the bright side the screen was awesome and that transformers looked amazing but wasnt enough for me to even keep it for more than 1 day

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

i went to tmo and picked up the hd2 and i already returned it, phone is trash windows makes it crap adding music and video to it was exhausting add in the fact that the software it put on my computer fd my computer up (kept telling me i wasnt connected to wifi when it was open i resatrted my comp about 5x and relised it wont let me connect to wifi when my hd2 was plugged in or that software was up) it was surprisingly slow (i have an iphone 3g and was expecting to be wowed and wasnt) the web browser was a mess and i thought the touch screen wasnt very responsive either, and dont get me started on the terrible app store, email was crappy to way to many steps just to view my enitre inbox, i was so excited for this phone and easily one of my biggest electronic letdowns ever, on the bright side the screen was awesome and that transformers looked amazing but wasnt enough for me to even keep it for more than 1 day

im letting it slide a week or so....lol

im trynna at least get a "feel" for it...

coming from an iphone i would expect anybody to hate windows mobile... its just not that responsive...

u shouldnt have had to install software to put music on it... when u plug it up it should show up under "my computer"... u can just drag n drop...

go with android...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Fennec Coming to Android Later This Year[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 24-Mar-10 | 2 Comments

Fennec_Android_270x151.png

Mozilla may have scrapped "Operation Firefox on Windows Mobile" recently, but in a recent interview with Jay Sulliven, Mozilla's vice president of mobile, CNET found that they're working on a version of their mobile browser to be available for Android devices later in 2010. Currently, Fennec is available in a quite stable release on Maemo devices, but development hasn't left the Alpha stage on any other mobile platform. We're excited by Fennec on mobile devices because it will mean Firefox application support, bookmark syncing, and other cool stuff.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]A Very Cool Backup Feature to Debut on HTC Desire and Legend[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 24-Mar-10 | 6 Comments

backup.jpg

This went a bit under the radar. The HTC Desire and Legend will both have a backup feature that will automatically backup certain system elements to your microSD card, so that in case you need to factory reset your device, or swap ROMs, you can easily get everything back in a Restore step that occurs when the operating system starts up for the first time. Here's the list of what is backed up:

- Text messages and MMS
- Application settings for the messaging
- Favorites of the browser page (Internet applications)
- Dictionary of Keyboard
- Settings
- Regular and wireless networks
- Sound and display
- Date and Time
- Language and keyboard - only locale
- Setting on the backup copy is located in the mail

It's likely that we'll see this very useful feature going forward on HTC's devices.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I picked up my HD2 today. I LOVE IT. Amazing phone, couldn't be more happier.

Gimme some details bro.....i cant wait to get mine in the mail forreal.  They said express mail but hell.....i still wont get it till friday or saturday (maybe later than that because i wont be at home any of those times.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

WM really isn't for the average user and that's what I like about it. For music and video, you can easily put it on an sd card and you're good to go. What (pc) OS are you using? What browser did you use? If you used IE, should have known better, +!#+ isn't good on a computer
laugh.gif
As for Opera mobile., I'm not sure what version the phone comes with it's either 9.5 or 9.7 but I prefer Skyfire much better and there is also Opera mobile 10. As for slowness, from all the unboxing videos I've seen, the phone was pretty fast. But any slowness can be contributed to what software T-Mobile has put on it, even some of the blogging iPhone fanboys have made the switch and are happy with it. Yea the app store sucks, before the store WM would know that you would have to go online and and get them for wherever you would get your apps from, the store doesn't do any justice to the bunch of apps out there which are mostly free. On top of that, a hack HD2 is even better, I'm sure it can be overclocked over 1GHz but the phone is good stocked. It seems like you didn't really give it much of a chance to get a good feel and what not.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I picked up my HD2 today. I LOVE IT. Amazing phone, couldn't be more happier.

Gimme some details bro.....i cant wait to get mine in the mail forreal.  They said express mail but hell.....i still wont get it till friday or saturday (maybe later than that because i wont be at home any of those times.
What you wanna know fam?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

WM really isn't for the average user and that's what I like about it. For music and video, you can easily put it on an sd card and you're good to go. What (pc) OS are you using? What browser did you use? If you used IE, should have known better, +!#+ isn't good on a computer
laugh.gif
As for Opera mobile., I'm not sure what version the phone comes with it's either 9.5 or 9.7 but I prefer Skyfire much better and there is also Opera mobile 10. As for slowness, from all the unboxing videos I've seen, the phone was pretty fast. But any slowness can be contributed to what software T-Mobile has put on it, even some of the blogging iPhone fanboys have made the switch and are happy with it. Yea the app store sucks, before the store WM would know that you would have to go online and and get them for wherever you would get your apps from, the store doesn't do any justice to the bunch of apps out there which are mostly free. On top of that, a hack HD2 is even better, I'm sure it can be overclocked over 1GHz but the phone is good stocked. It seems like you didn't really give it much of a chance to get a good feel and what not.
Yea, sounds like dude just opened it at the crib, fooled around w/ it for an hour, said "My loyalty is to Apple" and returned it
laugh.gif
Once dude sees what the phone is capable of he'll be regrettin returnin it. As for yall gettin it or have gotten it.......FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! I'm broke and can't cop right now
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom