Official iPhone 5 Accessories Thread (Cases, Cords, Docks)

Keep an eye out for Lunatik to make a case for the iPhone 5...

https://www.lunatik.com

That case is nice. Seen their video about 2-3 weeks ago.

Not buying it for $99.95 or $124.95 though. :x :stoneface: :smh:

i'm not a fan of cases, especially silicone or huge otterbox type cases but that case is THE case.
Looks like the perfect combination of an otter box and the element vapor cases. Will consider it for my business phone.

Not sure if this happens with other fully encased protection like the Lunatik, but it the case does cause a loss of about 5db signal decrease (half a bar). They address that in the vid section (entitled taktik antenna video) of their site...

http://lunatiklife.com/videos

Man that is a nice lunatic case... I might have to get that for my 5 but I was looking more for a slim case... I like the aluminum case but I'm not going to spend extra money and lose signal. I have experienced with aluminum cases and they all ruined my signal where I stay

Man that is a nice lunatic case... I might have to get that for my 5 but I was looking more for a slim case... I like the aluminum case but I'm not going to spend extra money and lose signal. I have experienced with aluminum cases and they all ruined my signal where I stay

I was all set to but the Lunatik case until I read some feedback about signal loss. Oh well. I don't think they can solve for that with an aluminum case...Like to see that same case with some kind of high polymer plastic...

People overlook this and have to get their screen replaced. My iPhone 4s has been riding with a Speck case, it's been flawless. The case has taken a beating but the phone hasn't. I need to replace the case since it's worn out, trooper 'til the end.

Exactly! I need a case for protection. Wayyy beyond that I need a cool looking phone. For mine, if you want the cool aspect, just rock the phone naked. Cant get cooler than that.:smokin

That Lunatik case makes the phone look like a tank. I don't like putting cases on my phones. I used to throw my 3G on the ground and it wouldn't even have a scratch on it. I'll put a slim case on the 5 if it starts getting scratched up.

Do you guys put screen protectors?

I was all set to but the Lunatik case until I read some feedback about signal loss. Oh well. I don't think they can solve for that with an aluminum case...Like to see that same case with some kind of high polymer plastic...

yea but not all of the cases they make are aluminum they have that one for $75 and $100 not made of aluminum

That Lunatik case makes the phone look like a tank. I don't like putting cases on my phones. I used to throw my 3G on the ground and it wouldn't even have a scratch on it. I'll put a slim case on the 5 if it starts getting scratched up.
Do you guys put screen protectors?

i never used a screen protector for my 4s but i do have some hair scratches i dont know how they got on there but this time around with the 5 i will be using one

i never used a screen protector for my 4s but i do have some hair scratches i dont know how they got on there but this time around with the 5 i will be using one

Yup, screen protectors are a must if you going nude. Even though you don't drop the phone, you will get those hairline scratches.

Last edited:
I was hoping it'd be dual like the 4/4S cases
41uQrGd3v%2BL._SL160_.jpg
[/quote]

The Glide case will be out in a few weeks for the iPhone 5

Last edited:
Apple needs to revolutionize the material science industry...their phones look too damn good and are too damn unique fo me to have to need to use a case...its the paradox of owning one of their phones. 

Anybody know where to cop the case that has the opening where you can slide your ID and credit cards in the back

Otterbox >
Whats the point of copping a slim phone if you're just gonna put an otterbox on it.
It's for the people who are clumsy and drop their phone a lot. Also for people who are paranoid and think something will happen to their phone. I'm careful with my stuff and have never broken a phone by accident. I'll only be worried about those nights when I get super drunk at the bar. I drop everything and will black out once in a blue moon :smh:.

The Monoprice covers are :smh: :x, but you get what you pay for. Might use them as temps until I get some good ones. The space made for the camera is not even center.

Amazon product ASIN B00993E7RG

10 bucks, decent reviews from what i saw on MR forums, and prime shipping.

edit: reviews seem bad on the page, but i ordered the matte black and other mr users ordered diff colors with no complaints. so it could be shiny black thats the issue. just passing on what i know. Ill update when mine comes through.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom