Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

I just tried jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.8 but the version I have seems different then the version in the youtube tutorials. I got to the part where you putthe phone into recovery mode but in the version I'm using it has confusing countdown directions where you plug in your phone then turn it off. After thatit goes to the countdown menu where it tells you to hold power for two seconds, hold home for 10 seconds, release power and continue to hold home for thirtyseconds but my phone just went black and never had the plug into iTunes logo and now I'm restoring my iPhone. I'm gonna try again once it's done. Iwas using this youtube video:

*EDIT*After restoring my phone the jailbreak went smoothly exactly like the video.

Originally Posted by slaterSB

switched up; new apps, new icons, new bckrd, no dock
2mq3maf.png

what is that happy face on the top right for?
and how is real racing app? worth downloading? ive been addicted to draw race, tiger woods golf, and flight control.

I'm in need of some help . . .
My Girlfriend has an unlocked 3G and she's using it with T-Mobile, the phone turned off one day and long storyshort.
She had to restore the phone. Problem is, she can only make emergency calls and nothing more. Is there anyway to get thisfixed? Do I have to go through the whole unlocking process again to get the phone working? Any type of help is appreciated.

3 questions:

1. whats the best sports app

2. whats the best weather app? i currently have the weather channel but the radar doesnt work or maybe im doin it wrong

3. how do i take screenshots?

btw i want free apps and my phones not jailbroken

what is that happy face on the top right for?
and how is real racing app? worth downloading? ive been addicted to draw race, tiger woods golf, and flight control.

smiley face is for a beejive im, i dont know if i would buy real racing, just get it from appulous

Originally Posted by its Labrev

I'm in need of some help . . .
My Girlfriend has an unlocked 3G and she's using it with T-Mobile, the phone turned off one day and long story short.
She had to restore the phone. Problem is, she can only make emergency calls and nothing more. Is there anyway to get this fixed? Do I have to go through the whole unlocking process again to get the phone working? Any type of help is appreciated.

you can activate it with any att sim or use redsnow (i think) to unlock it.

Just kept it simple for my first theme.

Vivid Black

I'm really loving backgrounder. I dunno why apple doesn't just allow multitasking.

is anyone having problems using the copy & past function on NT? I can't seem to paste pics from my phone. thanks,

has anyone had success with just adding the ultrasn0w source to your cydia and installed for the soft unlock?

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

has anyone successfully enabled PUSH for T-mobile users?
Add "http://cydia.iphoneil.net" as a source in Cydia, and download "Push Fix" from it. Reboot the phone, and make sure theYouTube app works by trying out a vid. If the vid plays, uninstall the app that was previously push-less, and reinstall it. Push notifications should now beworking for that app.

In my experience, the notifications only work 100% of the time over Wi-Fi. When connected to your T-Mobile data plan, the notifications are iffy.
ohwell.gif

does backgrounder drain your battery? mine already sucks as is...

and how do i get installous or whatever its called? i tried w/some directions online where i type in the address manually but that didn't work...

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

and how do i get installous or whatever its called? i tried w/some directions online where i type in the address manually but that didn't work...

yes..backgrounder will noticably drain your battery. pair it with Insomnia and you better hope you stay by an outlet all day.
what are you using it for?

for installous, your phone has to be jailbroken. add the hackulo source in cydia (Manage>Modify>Add source> and type in http://cydia.hackulo.us
choose add anyway when prompted, and download both Installous and Apsync 3.0. Respring your phone, then download any free app from the app store. Respringagain, then open up installous (should be on your springboard) and then download away. always choose install when downloading an app from there, and when itsdone, go to downloads and delete it. close installous and the new app you download will be on your springboard ready to go

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

how do u go from a jailbroken 3.0 3g back to normal?

just plug it up to itunes, back up your phone, and click restore in the iPhone pane. THen after the restore is complete, add the info from your last backup

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

yes..backgrounder will noticably drain your battery. pair it with Insomnia and you better hope you stay by an outlet all day.

for installous, your phone has to be jailbroken. add the hackulo source in cydia (Manage>Modify>Add source> and type in http://cydia.hackulo.us
choose add anyway when prompted, and download both Installous and Apsync 3.0. Respring your phone, then download any free app from the app store. Respring again, then open up installous (should be on your springboard) and then download away. always choose install when downloading an app from there, and when its done, go to downloads and delete it. close installous and the new app you download will be on your springboard ready to go

when input in the address it says did not find repository. And I don't have a modify option if that means anything. Just manage and when I hit sources Ihave the add option.

backgrounder is such a dope app.
only if it didnt drain my battery like crazy.
have pandora running in the background while texting, and installing stuff in installous but without having to wait for it to finish.
i hope they fx it

shortydoowopp wrote:

choose add anyway when prompted, and download both Installous and Apsync 3.0. Respring your phone, then download any free app from the app store. Respring
again, then open up installous (should be on your springboard) and then download away. always choose install when downloading an app from there, and when its
done, go to downloads and delete it. close installous and the new app you download will be on your springboard ready to go

when input in the address it says did not find repository. And I don't have a modify option if that means anything. Just manage and when I hit sources I have the add option.

yeah thats what i meant by modify...the sources>add>then type in source. idk why the source isn't adding...are you typing it correctly? can yousubstitute push for what youre using backgrounder for?

shortydoowopp wrote:

choose add anyway when prompted, and download both Installous and Apsync 3.0. Respring your phone, then download any free app from the app store. Respring
again, then open up installous (should be on your springboard) and then download away. always choose install when downloading an app from there, and when its
done, go to downloads and delete it. close installous and the new app you download will be on your springboard ready to go

when input in the address it says did not find repository. And I don't have a modify option if that means anything. Just manage and when I hit sources I have the add option.

yeah thats what i meant by modify...the sources>add>then type in source. idk why the source isn't adding...are you typing it correctly? can you substitute push for what youre using backgrounder for?

I just copied and pasted the link. I don't need backgrounder I was just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom