Official Jazz vs. Lakers vol. Game 5 5/14/08 7:30PT TNT

Banks you have to put your hands up to get the rebound, Okur's dumb @%% didn't, Pau just wanted it more than Okur did. Utah-"Where flopping atcritical times in the game happens"
smh.gif

Edit: damn post limit, but D-Will is sick sick sick

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

LAKERS BOUT TO LOSE

YEAH!!!!!!

3-2

grin.gif

GOTTA PLAY THE MIND GAMES WITH YASELF SOMETIMES PLAYBOY. ITS DA PLAYOFFS.
smh.gif
.. Game 6 is gonna be tough. but even if we lose at Utah the Jazz are 0-5 at Staples, that has to have some sort of mental effect on them

Great Game LAKERS!!!!

Way to go Kobe to defer to your teammates!!!

Let's close them out in Game 6!

I rewound it and it looks like a little bit of both. Upon thinking more about it, it is probably better that they didn't call it because I hate callingtouch fouls in the playoffs. Go hard or go home and Okur was a softie on that play .

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I rewound it and it looks like a little bit of both. Upon thinking more about it, it is probably better that they didn't call it because I hate calling touch fouls in the playoffs. Go hard or go home and Okur was a softie on that play .

pretty much how i feel.

Home cooking is good for the Lakers. Home court advantage includes the refs giving the home team the calls. But that crucial rebound by Pau was clean. He wentstraight up and any contact was with his body NOT a 2 hand shove like Boozer is known for.

Hopefully they finish this in game 6 if not then game 7 will do.

almost every utah offensive rebound is a push off like that. Utah just knows how to empasize that fake contact and try to get that foul called when it doesnt go there way

Oh, I'm not complaining. While I'm incredulous as to how the NBA allows the Jazz to play that way and especially people complaining about therefereeing being in the favor of the Lakers, I'm over complaining about them. I'm more concerned as to why the Lakers frontcourt playershaven't started doing the same thing until tonight. I didn't see Game 4 so I don't know how Odom played there, but tonight he was finally pushingBoozer and Okur back. I noticed that at the end of the game even Gasol finally decided to start mixing it up and not worrying about fouls.

That's how they need to play.

Let me take back that comment early about Gasol pushing in the back. Clearly, he didn't shove Okur like I thought he did. Replay at 1/15th speed and otherspeeds shows that.

something tells me kobe was saving himself for the game in utah......

nice win tonight, good to see gasol and odom contribute very nicely, need a better showing from the bench if we are to win in utah

Good game, Lakers!
pimp.gif
Great overall team effort tonight. Pau's pointsand assists, Lamar's dunks and inside shots, Vlad Rad's first quarter, with Jordan playing fairly well, and Kobe played IMO, an excellent game. 27points on 10 shots, 7 assists, not one shot in the fourth, and he kept trusting his teammates and enabled them to handle the ball more, and also distributed tothem. If he had been a bit more aggressive, we would have won by even more. Hopefully, his back gets even better by Friday.

Let's Finish Game 6 in Utah in front of those fans
eyes.gif
!
Let's GO Lakers!
smokin.gif

I rewound it and it looks like a little bit of both. Upon thinking more about it, it is probably better that they didn't call it because I hate calling touch fouls in the playoffs. Go hard or go home and Okur was a softie on that play .

Yeah, Gasol's hand was on his back (which isn't necessarily a foul); if he did push off, it certainly wasn't as hard as Okur made it seem,unless Okur is weaker than I thought.
It's not like Boozer. Seriously, I'm not saying this as a Laker fan, watch him play. When he's posting up,he's not using his body, but his arm and shoulders; when he's on the rebound, he's constantly pushing off. I don't expect them to calleverything because a lot of them are small, ticky-tack violations; I just don't want to hear about the refs favoring the Lakers or the league fixing theseries when Boozer's game is based on a lot of "improper" play.

Nice game, it's clear home court advantage is a huge part in officiating as well. Gasol's rebound definitely was clean to me, didn't get to reallywatch it carefully but it didn't seem like he did anything out of the ordinary.
still,
smh.gif
at how the Lakers got Gasol for freaking KWAM-AY BROWN! ARE U KIDDIN ME? KWAM-AY BROWN?!?

Great win, crazy how we won with Kobe taking no shots in the fourth... Really shows how great our team can be.

HELL O' A POST

seriously tho, this is the NBA, im not old enough to have seen the 80's game, but seein the Knicks/bulls, Heat/Knicks, pacers/knicks (i dont like theknick
laugh.gif
) but seein REAL bball and then seein this.......
eyes.gif

Glad we got the W. There were a lot of no calls throughout the game and I like it like that. It makes the guys play tougher. Bring on Game 6!!

The refs cheated for the Lakers tonight and they are going to cheat for the Jazz in the Game 6.

I swear I'm still amazed that Lamar got an And 1 on that dunk but that wasn't any worse that AK's to finish Game 4.

I don't know what's going on but the NBA doesn't want home teams to lose.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

The refs cheated for the Lakers tonight and they are going to cheat for the Jazz in the Game 6.

I swear I'm still amazed that Lamar got an And 1 on that dunk but that wasn't any worse that AK's to finish Game 4.

It's not that the league doesn't want home teams to lose, it's that the refs always want attention and admiration from the fans, thosepower-hungry bastards. Why else do you think they always make super-dramatic gestures to wind up the crowd with their calls?

laugh.gif

There goes Sloan again with his crybaby act. Looks like Utah will be getting their way in game 6.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

eyes.gif

It's always this way... it's just that the road teams always losing is highlighting it.

Refs always want to put on a show. I'm surprised they haven't started cupping their hands around their ears to hear the crowd before making a call.

Back
Top Bottom