OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

seanj u know you're my dude, word to the 09 SJs, but I can't feel u on this one at all.

I understand variety, believe me I do, coming from someone who primarily wears blacc/silver, blue/grey, blue/blacc, white/blacc etc. its hard being a JordanElitist cuz there's so many Bulls colorways that I just have to get force-fed. I have more than I'll ever need, and probably have a handful still instore for me. That being said, I guess I'm in the boat with the old-schools cuz this Air Jordan business was once like a secret society, all we ask istrust.

I can always find a Retro+ I'm down with but OG colors bring bacc memories of my childhood. I have always been a Western Conf. fan so every year in theFinals, I got to watch MJ destroy whatever team I chose to roll with that season. I literally grew up watchin him almost nightly on my WGN-Chicago affiliatechannel 26. So when a certified NT OG like Ninjahood states the obvious, u really just gotta respect it and keep it movin.

Ninjahood has been a real part of the NT community since before I was a member, hell I'm sure before I even started lurkin 4 or 5 years ago. I don'talways agree with everything he says. But I can always see the validity in his statements. U guys recognize the difference in that ?

I disagree that Foams are the best $200 u will spend. I've never had a pair and with the exception of Royal Penny Foams have never wanted a pair. But, forthe type of G i am when it comes to respect, I don't got a problem at all with ninjahood crushin these varsity-red 6 in favor of Copper Foams.

I also do not agree with this colorway and will not be scooping these anytime soon. If they go to the Happy Hunting Grounds for a reasonable rate I'll copand beat them like the second-rate Infared step-child that they are, but its no big deal either way. White/Var. Reds, though, yeah I'm on it.

In closing, I just want "young" NTers like my boy seanj to realize that with experience comes knowledge, and those who have come before us and arestill here are a vital link to all that was pure about this so-called "sneaker game" so many legends are now absent from the boards or rarely postanymore cuz there are so many hypes and know-it-alls who bash the AJ 1 bein retroed heavily but don't even know the history of the AJ 1 and that itoriginally released in 1985-86 in OVER THIRTY COLORS both highs and lows. So why wouldn't new-millenium Nike do the same thing ?

Peace be unto you this Sunday.

I thought it was only fitting that I'd post these with this release.

Here are my original Infrared VI's with the OG box as well....as you can see, they're thrashed....lol. These arenot the 2000 Retro, they are from waaay back. But I did have a pair of the 2000 Retro that I sold years ago; I regret selling those.

Originally Posted by Agent0024

seanj u know you're my dude, word to the 09 SJs, but I can't feel u on this one at all.

I understand variety, believe me I do, coming from someone who primarily wears blacc/silver, blue/grey, blue/blacc, white/blacc etc. its hard being a Jordan Elitist cuz there's so many Bulls colorways that I just have to get force-fed. I have more than I'll ever need, and probably have a handful still in store for me. That being said, I guess I'm in the boat with the old-schools cuz this Air Jordan business was once like a secret society, all we ask is trust.

I can always find a Retro+ I'm down with but OG colors bring bacc memories of my childhood. I have always been a Western Conf. fan so every year in the Finals, I got to watch MJ destroy whatever team I chose to roll with that season. I literally grew up watchin him almost nightly on my WGN-Chicago affiliate channel 26. So when a certified NT OG like Ninjahood states the obvious, u really just gotta respect it and keep it movin.

Ninjahood has been a real part of the NT community since before I was a member, hell I'm sure before I even started lurkin 4 or 5 years ago. I don't always agree with everything he says. But I can always see the validity in his statements. U guys recognize the difference in that ?

I disagree that Foams are the best $200 u will spend. I've never had a pair and with the exception of Royal Penny Foams have never wanted a pair. But, for the type of G i am when it comes to respect, I don't got a problem at all with ninjahood crushin these varsity-red 6 in favor of Copper Foams.

I also do not agree with this colorway and will not be scooping these anytime soon. If they go to the Happy Hunting Grounds for a reasonable rate I'll cop and beat them like the second-rate Infared step-child that they are, but its no big deal either way. White/Var. Reds, though, yeah I'm on it.

In closing, I just want "young" NTers like my boy seanj to realize that with experience comes knowledge, and those who have come before us and are still here are a vital link to all that was pure about this so-called "sneaker game" so many legends are now absent from the boards or rarely post anymore cuz there are so many hypes and know-it-alls who bash the AJ 1 bein retroed heavily but don't even know the history of the AJ 1 and that it originally released in 1985-86 in OVER THIRTY COLORS both highs and lows. So why wouldn't new-millenium Nike do the same thing ?

Ok bro that is very understanding an no disrespect tp any of the OG jordan heads even though I am an OG myself been in the game since 93 but i wasnt statingthat I dont want to see the originals but I want to see new colorways. The OGS cant be touched as ninjahood said NIKE destroys OGS but im jsut saying just makenew colorways in the past shoes. Both you and ninjahood are die hard jordanheads and now I better understand what yall are saying and the truth hurts but illget over it.

I can't believe this shoe has caused another rift between old and new heads....

I dunno what to say about these....They look nice on the feet...(though I have to find a pair that DOESN'T have glue stains....) feel very...stiff.

I have to admit...Foamposites aren't for everyone...but EASILY one of the best true to OG retro that release. So if your all about them like me then yournever disappointed. ALL WAYS fit like butter. But yeah I mean VI's aren't in the same league quality wise...but they are better than all the otherJordan !@%! on retailer wall that aren't sig shoes.....(exception would be the 16.5! madd comfort.) But its a pass for me. But if anyone needs wants a size11 for retail....I'll see if I can isolate a pair for yall...

Originally Posted by smurfdavid

Originally Posted by magc840

congrats smurfdavid. citysole cancelled my order!
eyes.gif

When u place order and what size ?
I ordered on 01/07, size 9.5.

This is the email I got from them that I posted some pages back:

I am really sorry to say but we are running sort of inventory for that shoe. I am trying to source out that shoe. Ifyou can wait for some day or i can refund you full amount of pruchase made by you. I am really sorry again for this.

Mike Shaw
Citysole .com

So you cats that ordered from them and haven't gotten a shipping confirmation/ tracking number yet, you might wanna check with them and confirm. I had toinitiate the contact before I found out they are running short. And yeah I did ask for a refund and they promptly gave one.

Originally Posted by seanj4523

this comment is for ninjahood: I agree with the majority of everything you say on here espacially about these retro 6s and I respect you as a jordanhead but come on now do you really think that jordan brand should keep retroing the same colorway over and over again. After a while, it gets kind of annoying. I feel you with you saying that these 6s suck, but I speak for everyone on here that they want to see something new. I will be 30 years old looking for the same release over and over. I want jordan brand to change up colorways I always wanted them to come out with a black and blue retro 13 but no not going to happen because they want to releas the same sh%% over and over. The quality issues is understandable because they are not like the previous shoes but the same colorways contibously no way. Thats why everyone is big on fakes go on a fake website look at one shoes many of colorways go on a nike website look at one shoe 4 or 5 colorways thats pathetic. People want variety just lke cereal I dont want to eat frosted flakes the rest of my life give me a f^^^&&ing variety. Not trying to start beef with anyone on here but ninjahood i hope you see where I am coming from as well as other niketalk members when I say this.
This post made me
happy.gif

Because you get it you understand exactly why i am so excited about this release . This release shows that JB is doingsomething new
happy.gif

The infrared's has been release 2 times already but people still want to see them released mainly old heads and it funny to me because

they copped the shoe 2 times already and they are complaining because JB didnt release it a THIRD TIME
roll.gif

I would rather see new colorways being release then see the same thing over and over again if you want the same old stuff buy them off ebay or a fellowniketalk member simple

If you keep getting mad at JB for releasing some thing different they will never release new stuff and if i was a old head i would be happy they didn'trelease the infrared because that

makes them even more special to have them and makes them worth more money in the long run

Originally Posted by fly1587

Do Yall Think These will Sell Out on NDC ASAP?
after the SJ release anything can go my dude no one knows how Jordan releases will go from here on out because of what happened to the space jams

Nikekidwonder, yea the cdp 4s are authentic, wore them and afterwards took a wet rag to wipe them off and black paint came off the midsole and was on the rag,took a look at them yesterday and the inside midsole was cracking already, if you guys have the same problems with the 6s please post.............nobody toldme about the iv's intill it was too late

I pulled the trigger and copped early but the first pair I was given was horrible, the glue was all over the shoe and the toe looked as if it was coming apart.I asked buddy for another pair and the 2nd pair was on point
pimp.gif
. As soonas I copped I hit the mall and turned a couple heads

Originally Posted by Agent0024

I understand variety, believe me I do, coming from someone who primarily wears blacc/silver, blue/grey, blue/blacc, white/blacc etc. its hard being a Jordan Elitist cuz there's so many Bulls colorways that I just have to get force-fed. I have more than I'll ever need, and probably have a handful still in store for me. That being said, I guess I'm in the boat with the old-schools cuz this Air Jordan business was once like a secret society, all we ask is trust.

I can always find a Retro+ I'm down with but OG colors bring bacc memories of my childhood. I have always been a Western Conf. fan so every year in the Finals, I got to watch MJ destroy whatever team I chose to roll with that season. I literally grew up watchin him almost nightly on my WGN-Chicago affiliate channel 26. So when a certified NT OG like Ninjahood states the obvious, u really just gotta respect it and keep it movin.

Ninjahood has been a real part of the NT community since before I was a member, hell I'm sure before I even started lurkin 4 or 5 years ago. I don't always agree with everything he says. But I can always see the validity in his statements. U guys recognize the difference in that ?

I disagree that Foams are the best $200 u will spend. I've never had a pair and with the exception of Royal Penny Foams have never wanted a pair. But, for the type of G i am when it comes to respect, I don't got a problem at all with ninjahood crushin these varsity-red 6 in favor of Copper Foams.

I also do not agree with this colorway and will not be scooping these anytime soon. If they go to the Happy Hunting Grounds for a reasonable rate I'll cop and beat them like the second-rate Infared step-child that they are, but its no big deal either way. White/Var. Reds, though, yeah I'm on it.

In closing, I just want "young" NTers like my boy seanj to realize that with experience comes knowledge, and those who have come before us and are still here are a vital link to all that was pure about this so-called "sneaker game" so many legends are now absent from the boards or rarely post anymore cuz there are so many hypes and know-it-alls who bash the AJ 1 bein retroed heavily but don't even know the history of the AJ 1 and that it originally released in 1985-86 in OVER THIRTY COLORS both highs and lows. So why wouldn't new-millenium Nike do the same thing ?

I got a lot of respect for you because you seem like a loyal dude but i can't say the same for Ninjahood after seeing the way his acting inthis thread. Some people in this thread has said his been on ISS doing the same thing in the 6 VR thread there. I understand he don't like the shoe butthere is no need for this madness it has to stop.

had the ogs been varsity red and these retros released as infrared everyone would be complaining that they arent varsity red lol

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Nikekidwonder, yea the cdp 4s are authentic, wore them and afterwards took a wet rag to wipe them off and black paint came off the midsole and was on the rag, took a look at them yesterday and the inside midsole was cracking already, if you guys have the same problems with the 6s please post.............nobody told me about the iv's intill it was too late

i had the same problem with my cdp 4s and ended up getting rid of em...but my carmines dont have that problem....the midsole paint is different from the3s,4s...so it should be straight...i mean i havent worn mine a lot so maybe some more nt'ers can confirm or deny this

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by Retri

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Just let it go Ninja...these kids that cop these half !!* JB releases won't fathom the feeling of ever buying real Air Jordan retros that we once bought in the late 90s and early 2000s.
Dude...I'm 29, when I was a kid I used to literally camp my local sneakers store (Footlockers didn't even exist in my country at the time), waiting for Jordans release (after a while the owner just started showing me catalogues, asking in advance what he should've picked since I was buing him out of anything Jordan or Challenge Court related), I've owned most of them (OG's) up to the Space Jams and beaten each one of them til they crumbled, yet I'm still quite excited about this release.

I don't give a fk if they aren't exactly like the Infrareds (actually, I think that was a deliberate design choice aimed at not pissing off the OG collectors, all in all very respectful of JB), they're close enough and the materials don't seem as bad as haters have been picturing them but most importantly, they're a [color= rgb(51, 0, 204)]new[/color] pair Jordan 6 I can rock day in, day out, 18 years after their original release (which in itself is already a pretty fk'ing amazing feat).

I love sneakers and Jordans and as long as I can wear something that reminds me of the good ol' days (which also happens to be as stylish and close to the OG's as these VI's) I'm happy. Ain't that the whole point of this whole "Retro" thing after all?

The same reason I got the Space Jams, and the same reason I will be getting these.

In 5 years, these and the 09 Space Jams will be 5 years old.

The retro Space Jams and Infareds will be 15 plus years old. Which pairs will you be able to wear????

That is how I have been looking at it.

I love the way both of you put it.
I see it like this, Take what you can, when you can.
The Infareds may not come back out till maybe 2015, who knows?, so take what you can, when you can. OR KEEP DREAMING.

I have repect for ninjahood and everybody on here because they all have earned my respect. I dont think that ninjahood has a problem as much as we want to kickhis a%% or call him names he is 100 percent right with what he is saying. The foams are a well built shoe and jordans are lacking quality. He loves the OGSjust like me because they were well built they mean something you got your moneys worh with OGs. Lately Nike just Shi##Ts in a cup and releases a jordan shoethen jacks the price up during recession and wait for fellow jordan heads to take the bait. I am pissed because jordan heads work hard for their money to get ashoe you wear one time and then starts to wear and tear. I am the type of guy that likes variety so I like for Jordan Brand to release variety of colors inshoes. Ninjahood and my boy agent0024 like OGS and the colorways but that is their preference I like both new models and OG colorways, but just dont liketodays quality but you get what you get with JB. They wont change unless people dont buy because theirs no need for them to get desperate because people arestill buying low quality kicks and until this stops they wont change. But that is the 411 but theirs no question Im the realest on here i am going to tell itlike it is no matter who likes it or not I am not choosing sides because Im not on either but nobodys wrong on either issues people have their on views onwhether to cop jordans or not cop jordans period.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by Retri

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Just let it go Ninja...these kids that cop these half !!* JB releases won't fathom the feeling of ever buying real Air Jordan retros that we once bought in the late 90s and early 2000s.
Dude...I'm 29, when I was a kid I used to literally camp my local sneakers store (Footlockers didn't even exist in my country at the time), waiting for Jordans release (after a while the owner just started showing me catalogues, asking in advance what he should've picked since I was buing him out of anything Jordan or Challenge Court related), I've owned most of them (OG's) up to the Space Jams and beaten each one of them til they crumbled, yet I'm still quite excited about this release.

I don't give a fk if they aren't exactly like the Infrareds (actually, I think that was a deliberate design choice aimed at not pissing off the OG collectors, all in all very respectful of JB), they're close enough and the materials don't seem as bad as haters have been picturing them but most importantly, they're a [color= rgb(51, 0, 204)]new[/color] pair Jordan 6 I can rock day in, day out, 18 years after their original release (which in itself is already a pretty fk'ing amazing feat).

I love sneakers and Jordans and as long as I can wear something that reminds me of the good ol' days (which also happens to be as stylish and close to the OG's as these VI's) I'm happy. Ain't that the whole point of this whole "Retro" thing after all?

The same reason I got the Space Jams, and the same reason I will be getting these.

In 5 years, these and the 09 Space Jams will be 5 years old.

The retro Space Jams and Infareds will be 15 plus years old. Which pairs will you be able to wear????

That is how I have been looking at it.

Agree

sup fam, if any of you guys remember me from the space jam thread, i got the hook-up. when my man gets his shipment in, i'll let all you guys know. shouldbe in the next couple days.

Back
Top Bottom