OFFICIAL JUICING THREAD (NOT THAT TYPE OF JUICING)

Day 16

I haven't been doing ONLY juice but i've replaced 2 of my meals a day with juice.

My meals per day look like:

Juice 1
Green Salad (includes 4oz chicken breast)
(hot meal) 4oz Chicken Breast (marinated and grilled) w/ 1c of mixed veggies (usually broc, asparagus and peppers)
Juice 2

I still drink ~2-3 cups of coffee a day with 1tb of creamer each time.

Down 12.5lbs :wow: :lol:

will report back after day 30 :pimp:

Day 16

I haven't been doing ONLY juice but i've replaced 2 of my meals a day with juice.

Juice 1
(hot meal) 4oz Chicken Breast (marinated and grilled) w/ 1c of mixed veggies (usually broc, asparagus and peppers)
Juice 2

Down 12.5lbs
eek.gif
laugh.gif

will report back after day 30
pimp.gif
Are you doing any kind of exercising?

Day 16

Juice 1

Juice 2

Down 12.5lbs :wow: :lol:

will report back after day 30 :pimp:
Are you doing any kind of exercising?

Not like i should be :smh:

I can chalk that up to "being busy" with work.

But that'd just be making excuses.

Not like i should be
mean.gif

Wasn't judging or anything.  Been walking and lifting the last 2 months and counting calories.  Not really seeing the results I wanted so I'm going to give juicing an honest effort.  

Not like i should be :smh:

Wasn't judging or anything.  Been walking and lifting the last 2 months and counting calories.  Not really seeing the results I wanted so I'm going to give juicing an honest effort.  

:lol:

I've been on the verge of 300lbs and 5 years ago i changed my life and sat in the 220's for a few years.

Last year I got really depressed and shot up to 258 when i weighed myself on Jan 1.

I've been in and out of being consistent in the gym since the first of the year.

As of yesterday's weigh-in i'm 238.5. I'm basically just trying to "reboot" i guess.... started 16 days ago at 251.5.

If you're lifting you probably not going to want to cut your calories, you'll probably want to up the intensity of your cardio. Instead of walking, add in some jogging here and there. Start off small like 15 second intervals.

Bump for person on the front page that just made a juicing post.

People, use that search function

Juice extracts the liquid from a fruit/vegetable without any of the solid matter.

So juices are usually lacking fiber. But it's easier for your body to digest. And your body absorbs the nutrients quicker and easier.

Smoothie they just take the fruit and blend it. So it has solid matter in it and fiber.

That is my basic understanding. Not entirely sure it's correct though :lol:

Last edited:
Thread still doesnt have benefits of a cold pressed juicer va norm

Cold Pressed Juicer vs Normal (centrifugal)?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/08/juicer-types-cold-press_n_2618000.html

Cliffs :

Centrifugal Juicers blades heat up and destroy the nutrients in the juice which obviously isn't what you want in a juice, otherwise you can just drink a soda. The heat basically slices up the cells in the nutrients causing it to breakdown and "die" almost immedietley after you juice it.

Not only that, if you have ever used a "normal" juicer before, you would notice how much juice you aren't even utilizing from the fruit/root/vegetable.

Cold Press Juicers get the maximum amount of nutrients from the juice and the maximum amount of juice. Because of the grinding and then the pressing, you literally waste nothing. It takes all the juice out of the produce and leaves the excess almost like it came out of a dehydrator. Pretty cool process. Very time consuming, though. And expensive. The one I bought cost me $2500 but it was worth it for me and my lifestyle.

Last edited:
I juiced for a summer (not juice fast) and had 2 meals of juice a day and one very solid, healthy meal. Played hoops also like 3x a week.

And now (a few years later) i just eat solid, real food (basically nothing processed like a microwaveable meal). I'll eat pizzas, taco, etc all the time. All I mane sure to do is keep my added sugars for the day under 24 grams.

I honestly don't feel any big difference in how I feel, the energy I have, the way I look, etc. In fact I feel better nowadays because I enjoy meals and very much look foward to whatever I'm having.

As long as you keep your calories under 2200, eat real food (e.g meat, eggs, avocados, etc) mainly, and your added sugar per day under 24 grams I think the long term difference is minimal (based on purely anecdotal seeing my family) if your only goal is to live a long and healthy lifestyle.

Cold Pressed Juicer vs Normal (centrifugal)?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/08/juicer-types-cold-press_n_2618000.html

Cliffs :

Centrifugal Juicers blades heat up and destroy the nutrients in the juice which obviously isn't what you want in a juice, otherwise you can just drink a soda. The heat basically slices up the cells in the nutrients causing it to breakdown and "die" almost immedietley after you juice it.

Not only that, if you have ever used a "normal" juicer before, you would notice how much juice you aren't even utilizing from the fruit/root/vegetable.

Cold Press Juicers get the maximum amount of nutrients from the juice and the maximum amount of juice. Because of the grinding and then the pressing, you literally waste nothing. It takes all the juice out of the produce and leaves the excess almost like it came out of a dehydrator. Pretty cool process. Very time consuming, though. And expensive. The one I bought cost me $2500 but it was worth it for me and my lifestyle.

I went ahead and got an Omega j8004, goal is to juice one time daily to replace my multivitamin supplementation. If i understand correctly Cold pressed juicing allows the product to be good for about 72 hours?

So ? am i losing plenty of the nutrients by using the nutribullet??

Either way it's a big step up in my diet... but i highly doubt all of the nutrients are dead due to the heat of the blades, or atleast i hope not

Just got a juicer for Xmas and finally want to give juicing a try. What are some good go to recipes to start out? Something easy to start out as I wanna try a juice cleanse and then do it week to week. Thanks in advance.

Shoutout to the thread bump, I got a nutribullet for Christmas and I'm about to be all about this juicing wave. Where do y'all find your recipes?

Edit: just read the post above mine lol. Happy Juicing fellas good luck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom