OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Yeezus is great. The problem with it is his core demographic, the loop soul sample “real hip hop heads,” the same one’s that thought Stronger was a step too far and wouldn’t give him a pass for 808s, aren’t here for electro-industrial post-future punk rap where all the bars sound like rock/“white” music to them. When a lot of people say “Yeezus is bad” it’s not that it’s bad sonically or even musically, what they’re really saying is it’s not what they want in their Kanye.

It aged badly for me in terms of settings where i rock to it: gym and super random shuffle

That said I know you just think it’s trash :lol:

And I know you don’t and that’s fine.

I don’t think we need to psychoanalyze “why”.

I could theorize that Kanye’s fans have gone along for the ride with his thirst to be “avant- garde” even at the expense of quality music.

Some people like ****, some people don’t.

There were lots of hits and misses with this album run over the summer. Would like to see him lock in and focus on music and not focus so much on the “campaigns” or clothes but it’s his prerogative and none of us knows where his head is so time will reveal.

And I know you don’t and that’s fine.

I don’t think we need to psychoanalyze “why”.

I could theorize that Kanye’s fans have gone along for the ride with his thirst to be “avant- garde” even at the expense of quality music.

Some people like ****, some people don’t.

There were lots of hits and misses with this album run over the summer. Would like to see him lock in and focus on music and not focus so much on the “campaigns” or clothes but it’s his prerogative and none of us knows where his head is so time will reveal.

I agree it's fine to like what you like.

I don't disagree with most of what you said.

And the musical journey Kanye put on live was :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Went to the show 2x and would have went again if he had a 3rd show here.

I still :smh: @ myself for not going to GITD tour. Def went to WTT, Yeezus, & Saint Pablo tours though :smokin.

Glow In The Dark tour was before I began my concert phase of life (which is still going on)

I've heard from a lot of people it was absolutely amazing. Wish I could have experienced it. Would have loved to see Good Morning and I Wonder live.

Back
Top Bottom