OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

as a kanye stan college drop out is his #1 album and Yeezus is his last great album. Pablo was good but it wasnt great and his music went down hill after that. (not counting) kids see ghost also a good but not great album.

CD
MBDTF
Yeezus
Graduation
LR
Pablo
Ye
Jesus is king

and the yeezus tour was the best tour i been to easily and its not even close

Last edited:
Tbh, I feel like this was the album where the demographic of the majority of his fans changed drastically to what they are now.

Cultish, hypebeasts who are predominately white.

I don't think this was partly because of the sound of yeezus but more so it was the rise of Kanye being Kanye... but not towards issues that they cared about.

Yeesus was the inception of him calling out Nike, him calling out Zuckerberg etc etc. a lot of the black media at that time really started to ramp up the Kanye is trying to be "white" narrative.

Oddly enough everyone was telling him he was going about things the wrong way, and that no company would fund him because he didn't put the "work" in or was asking for handouts. 5 years later he's sitting on a billion dollar empire :lol: :lol:

Ehhh... this dude is a black right-wing sympathizing conservative. He's on the record as saying black people overuse the word "racist." Idk that citing him is going to achieve the effect you're seeking, if it's what I think it is.

That's one way to view it.

I constantly see that tweeter sharing financial, health, spiritual information towards black people. and in most of the things i've come across from him he's not sympathizing with the right wing at all... he's telling black people to stop relying so heavily on the left and to use our voting power to get actual things done.

That's one way to view it.

I constantly see that tweeter sharing financial, health, spiritual information towards black people. and in most of the things i've come across from him he's not sympathizing with the right wing at all... he's telling black people to stop relying so heavily on the left and to use our voting power to get actual things done.

the same voting power that those on the right are so passionate about us not having access to?

you can't support republicans and black people using their voting power, it's literally nonsense

the same voting power that those on the right are so passionate about us not having access to?

you can't support republicans and black people using their voting power, it's literally nonsense

Nowhere is anybody saying to pledge allegiance to republicans :smh:

The entire just of this concept is relatively simple. Black people in America swear blind allegiance to a party that has done the bare minimum to "help" the black community.

However because of that blind allegiance & knowing they will get their votes regardless... they don't worry about our group because it's already in the bag.

Those same right wing republicans also don't like gays, they don't like women, they don't like Jews, Hispanics, Asians etc etc but they will listen & try to appease those groups because it brings them votes... and at the end of the day they care about Winning elections more than anything.

By swearing allegiance to one party we lose all leverage, the right doesn't care to try & negotiate, and the left feels no need to step up their efforts because are votes are solidified.

Anyone else think it’s funny how much merch he is selling for this “gospel” album.

I’m enjoying the album, but the fact that at the end of the day he’s really using it to make a profit makes it less authentic to me.

5E8E4F86-3CFA-483D-AFC9-1C078DF01D4F.png
All/a portion of the Sunday service tickets go to charity.

He has the to fund the group from somewhere.

Also, he’s using Yeezy blanks.

Plus, I’m pretty sure there’s a business aspect to all Religious organizations.

But I do see where you’re coming from. It’s pretty expensive for gospel merch.

My rankings:

1. Late Registration
2. College Dropout
3. MBDTF
4. 808s
5. Graduation
6. The Life of Pablo
7. Yeezus
8. Jesus Is King
9. Ye

Graduation is his 2nd least impressive album for me. **** was just pop hits top to bottom. no risks were taken (except drunk and hot girls).

are the songs good? yes. but I've grown to get the unexpected from Ye...everything about graduation was expected.

but I've grown to get the unexpected from Ye...

where'd u get that notion from? CD to LR wasn't a leap at all. Graduation was a synthesizer tour de force, when no one in hiphop was using em at da time. 808's was decline status...twisted fantasy & watch da throne brought da feeling back... Yeezus was traaaaaash following that.

I loved Graduation when it released, it still has some classics on it.

Good Morning is up there for a top 3 Kanye intro for me. Everything I Am and The Glory were both great as well and I wouldn’t call those pop hits at all.

I loved Graduation when it released, it still has some classics on it.

Good Morning is up there for a top 3 Kanye intro for me. Everything I Am and The Glory were both great as well and I wouldn’t call those pop hits at all.
id definitely call the glory pop. brights synths all over that track.

everything I am isn't pop per re, but it was exactly what you expected from Kanye in that moment...a chopped and looked soul sample. **** hits too...but I want more.

even though it's my 2nd least favorite offering from him, I do recognize it goes. you can play the joint top to bottom and enjoy the he'll out of it.

but if I had to give albums to try and explain my fandom of Ye, why would I give someone graduation when I can the them CD and/or LR?

the person who said it's his thriller was right...top notch singles top to bottom on the album. it just has no where near the impact. cultural, musical or whatever.

Not that it matters, but I first discovered Kanye in 2002 on the Blueprint 2 on the song “The Bounce” around the time I heard the Jesus Walks snippet that was recommended by The Source magazine in summer of 2003 and then the eventual College Dropout Demo tape that dropped that fall was when I became a big fan.
With that, my rankings, I’m not including JIK because it’s too new to truly rank.

1. Yeezus
2. MBDTF
3. KSG
4. Life Of Pablo
5. WTT
6. LR
7. 808s
8. College Dropout
9. Graduation
10. Ye

You can’t argue, the man has one hell of a discography.

graduation was nothing but a “bling” album with pop hits.

that's lending credence to my argument that its superior to 808's...
and that album was a pop album because it was hugely successful, not cuz it was crafted to be a z100 radio rotation record.

i don’t expect people who only listen to rap to enjoy 808.

yo duke, if you go to a pizza shop you don't want a cheese burger and then scold people why can't they appreciate a cheeseburger when we went to get a slammin pizza... 808's is a horrible rap album...

yo duke, if you go to a pizza shop you don't want a cheese burger and then scold people why can't they appreciate a cheeseburger when we went to get a slammin pizza... 808's is a horrible rap album...

808 wasn’t a rap album. it was synth/electro pop that happened to have some rap thrown on it.

like I said, people who only listen to rap won’t like it. And that’s not me taking a shot at anyone... it’s just what I tend to notice.

Back
Top Bottom