OFFICIAL LA CLIPPERS 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD (Playoffs v. Memphis, Lost 4-2; Offseason thread comin

lawdog1

Supporter
OK, since we're now into preseason games, I thought it was time to start the season thread.

I think we all can agree that the offseason was a big success. We know the team will be good, but the question now is how good. With the pieces we added, particularly if Jordan shows notable improvement, I think WCF is a realistic goal. Time to see how it all plays out. Can't wait.

Last edited:

Nice, YBD! Now that's how to get a season thread started.

Thanks for the pics.

tumblr_mbcqe3TzBx1qml34n.gif

Let the games begin!

I fully expect DJ, Ebled, J Crossover and LO to show much improvement this season vs last season.

Last edited:
Welp, caught most of the second half of the game this morning and it looks like we still have some work to do. I think there was a couple things going on: (a) a team that is still getting to know each other and how to play together getting exploited by a team that already knows exactly what it wants to do and what everyone's roles are; and (b) just a bad game. Nobody I saw looked very good for the Clips, though I did like Odom's energy on the defensive end.

The only thing that really concerned me was that it looks like we're still pretty bad about rotating to open shooters, which was a problem last year. Miami was getting a lot of clean looks from 3. We really need to clean that up.

Nevertheless, I expect a much better showing from the team on Sunday.

Welp, caught most of the second half of the game this morning and it looks like we still have some work to do. I think there was a couple things going on: (a) a team that is still getting to know each other and how to play together getting exploited by a team that already knows exactly what it wants to do and what everyone's roles are; and (b) just a bad game. Nobody I saw looked very good for the Clips, though I did like Odom's energy on the defensive end.

The only thing that really concerned me was that it looks like we're still pretty bad about rotating to open shooters, which was a problem last year. Miami was getting a lot of clean looks from 3. We really need to clean that up.

Nevertheless, I expect a much better showing from the team on Sunday.

W Green concerns me more than Odom. Dude couldn't throw a rock in the ocean. :smh:

I bet once CP & Bigshot get out there the entire team will settle down and play focused bball.

Last edited:
I bet once CP & Bigshot get out there the entire team will settle down and play focused bball.

This. No question. I'm not going to judge anyone, even Green, until they get a chance to play with CP3. I think we'll see Green look better once he starts playing with Paul, especially since they've been teammates before. CP will get him the ball in spots he likes and then, hopefully, he makes some shots.

I liked a lot of what I saw last night. DJ was fantastic. I don't expect that kind of performance from him all the time, but if it even happens every few games, we'll be all the more dangerous. Bench looked great, especially Crawford and Barnes. Only real low light is Willie Green, who has been a disappointment. But maybe some more court time with CP will help Green.

Very solid effort last night against GSW. I love what I'm seeing from DJ. He's been consistent enough in enough games this preseason that I'm convinced this is a permanently improved DJ. Can't wait to see how he does on Wednesday against Howard.

And CP and Blake both look ready for prime time.

new dj>old dj

hope to see hill & odom out there for the remaining preseason games.

barnes, crawford and hollins have looked decent in limited minutes hoping that can carryover to the reg season.

So far I'm diggin all of the new additions except for green. :x

Last edited:
Ready for the new season!

Apparently, Hill will be out for a couple/few weeks with a bone bruise on his right knee :\. Barnes looks to be ready to fill-in nicely while Hill heals up.

Like everyone has been saying, I'm loving what I'm seeing from DJ. Let's see if he can keep it up throughout the season and actually earn that contract we gave him.

Even though we're getting a watered down version of the Lakers, I'm still looking forward to the game tonight. I'm hoping for a strong 1st quarter from the starters that puts the game away, then seeing the bench finishi it up. Just like the other night against GSW.

It was the E-Bled show tonight. He was awesome. His on ball D is something else. I also really liked what I saw from Hollins off the bench. He's convincing me he's going to be a contributer this season. And Barnes was great again. Not our strongest preseason performance, but I'll take the W.

^Agree 1000% even though the game didn't count for ***t!!! I can't wait until we are 100 from 1-10 though it'll be quite interesting to see what this team is capable of once fully loaded.

Last edited:
Another quality performance last night in Denver. This team looks ready to go. BG looked especially good. Like what I saw from Green too (finally). Not the bench's best performance overall, but good enough to hold the lead against a lot of Denver's starters. Bring on the regular season!

Green finally woke up (offensively) I still do not like the idea of him starting @ SG until Chauncey returns.

Solid (meaningless) preseason win last night vs a quality playoff caliber team.

It appears this current group is ready for the real thing next Wed. :pimp:

Last edited:
Im selling discounted tix to select games again this yr. PM if you're interested.

As far as the preseason; I'm liking the inprovements in DJ, bledsoe, and Blake's games. Offense still looks stagnant at times tho :smh:

Back
Top Bottom