OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Celebrating is ok sometimes.

But I prefer the mean, scary, take no crap, no joking with the media Kobe that we saw last year in the Finals.

This is to funny:

Jay Mariotti kills Plaschke at the end
laugh.gif
Plashcke looks like he's about to cry at end after Mariotti says "Bill if I was your editor"
laugh.gif

I also read Plashcke's article yesterday in the LA Times and dude was talking out his %%$.

Him on PTI saying the Lakers are 4 games behind their regular season pace from last season after 70 games was hugely because of Ron Ron is not fitting in and isn't picking up the triangle offense
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Dude was really reaching.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I didn't mind them celebrating a little bit, I think they actually had something to be excited for. That defensive show out was a nice victory for them. To be able to lock down and play that way is deserving of a little extra curricular.

I think it's a far cry from posing for the fake photo and dancing all over the court like a bunch of idiots.
high fiving fans is ok its makes the NBA FANtastic....dancing during the game on the sidelines in blowout is totally different

Since hopefully none of you care one bit about the UK vs WVU matchup in the Elite 8 on Saturday, I am formally requesting your support for the Wildcats of Kentucky.
laugh.gif

Not just because I'm a fan of UK, but also because I live in WV. And now that WVU is in the Elite 8, ALL OF A SUDDEN... you guys know what I'm about to type next... ALL OF A SUDDEN the whole state is a WVU fan, just like when the Lakers are successful and we see people dusting off their car flags and washing their old Starter jackets (like 'Where you been all these years, bro?').

If I weren't a UK fan, I'd still be cheering against WVU because of this. I've worked at my job 2 years and there have only been 3 folks that ride and die with WVU. The last 2 weeks, though? Oh, EVERYBODY'S talking about 'we' this and our' that, talking about 'Yeah, we won!' and 'This is our year!'

smh.gif

And the area I live in is right around Marshall. Damn near everyone around here has traded in their Thundering Herd gear and car magnets for Mountaineer memorabilia.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

So yeah... [/rant]

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

This is to funny:

Jay Mariotti kills Plaschke at the end
laugh.gif
Plashcke looks like he's about to cry at end after Mariotti says "Bill if I was your editor"
laugh.gif

I also read Plashcke's article yesterday in the LA Times and dude was talking out his %%$.

Him on PTI saying the Lakers are 4 games behind their regular season pace from last season after 70 games was hugely because of Ron Ron is not fitting in and isn't picking up the triangle offense
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Dude was really reaching.

4 games isn't much. most of us have followed the lakers throughout the years and know its a laker tradition for them to slack during the regular season only to step their game up come june.

their not a young up and comming team like the cavs who hasn't been there yet who can build off of a strong regular season, this team is built to win a title and if winning a few games less then last season but going into the playoffs hungry and focused is the result then i'm all for it. im confident they'll be ready come playoff time and with every team since the 3 peat lakers failing to repeat as champs this will be their chance to show that not only do they know how to win the title, they know how to defend the title which is something no other team besides the lakers in recent years has successfuly been able to do.

I'm all for Kentucky Ska.  I have them winning the whole thing, so good luck the rest of the tourney. 
pimp.gif

Duke lost me $500 earlier this year ever since then I've wished nothing but bad things for them
indifferent.gif

Bynum and Walton could be back next week. 

However, Phil may ease on the side of caution and give them extra time to get stronger.......

Phil also spoke on the bench struggling partly being due to Luke not bein around to facilitate (ie, do the little things) to keep some of those guys straight. 

In Phil I trust. 
pimp.gif

[h2]
[h2]Health probably not an issue[/h2]
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Phil Jackson said he hopes to return next season as the Lakers coach and does not anticipate health concerns or contract negotiations preventing him from doing so, NBA.com reported Friday.

nba_g_pjax_65.jpg

Jackson

While Jackson didn't say an extension was in place and left open the possibility he could retire at season's end, when he was asked if he thinks he will be back next season, he answered, "Yeah."

Jackson said he was as mobile as he's been in the past three years and didn't think his health would prevent him from returning to the team although he is still due for his annual offseason checkup. Ironically it may now be Jackson's newfound health that prevents him from returning to the team even if the Lakers offer him a lucrative contract extension.

"I don't even think it's going to be a financial issue," Jackson said. "It's going to be an issue about spending the remaining time of my healthful years doing basketball or doing other things that now are possible for me, that I can do that I wasn't able to do in the past, which is fly fish, climb mountains, ride motorcycles, and all those things that have been unavailable to me for about the last eight, nine years."

pimp.gif
[/h2]

Kobe was outplayed by a role player again. Sefolosha shut him down and was also exposing kobe's defense and lack of hustle. He just looked old out there.

I know this has to do with the rest of the team sucking *!+ and the whole defense being able to focus on Kobe but I still did not like what he was doing out there.

Gasol keeps regressing more and more and this is allowing defenses to zone up on kobe more. Artest is non existent on offense too. So it is basically Lamar and Kobe right now.

I don't like to single out guys but Gasol is the main problem right now. His defense and offense are ATROCIOUS right now and keep getting worse.
You know it is bad when you hope JOSH POWELL replaces him during a game
sick.gif
sick.gif

Kinda late in the season to have a POS game like this.

Pathetic all around.on

Everytime I saw Kobe with the ball he was either forcing it or turning it over
laugh.gif

Ehh after that PATHETIC loss tonight here is the only good news I found:
[h1]Lakers' Jackson expects to be back next season[/h1]
philjax608.jpg

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Phil Jackson hopes to return next season as Lakers coach and does not anticipate that his return will be sidetracked by health issues or negotiations on a new lucrative contract, he told NBA.com Friday.

advertisement_160.gif

Jackson stopped short of saying an extension to remain in Los Angeles is a certainty, wanting to keep open his options until he talks with doctors after the season. And he conceded there is a lure to retiring. But the most-decorated coach in NBA history, with a record 10 championships, is clearly feeling better than a year ago and has been in good spirits all season.

Asked if he thinks he will be back with a new deal in 2010-11, Jackson said without hesitation: "Yeah."

"The wear and tear of a season, I think, affects everybody, the travel and whatever else you have to do for an extended time," he said at the Ford Center after a Lakers shootaround in preparation for the game against the Thunder later Friday. "But, all that being said, I'm as mobile as I've ever been in the last three years. That helps. I'm dealing with less arthritic elements that are painful things going on as you age. But there are still considerations as to the duration that I will coach, simply because I have to stay attuned to that.

"I look at something that happened like George Karl [the Nuggets coach who has been spending time away from the team while undergoing cancer treatment] and I just think it's a shame. You can't predict or project that as a possible situation, but he's going to miss part of the season and it's going to affect his team. I wouldn't want to put a franchise in that position when there's young healthy guys that can do the job."

But, unlike a year ago at this time, he does not expect that health will be a determining factor.

"Probably not," Jackson said. "I go at the end of the year for a medical checkup now. There are a couple issues I deal with, and if they're all 'go', then I've cleared myself. If it's a warning situation, then I'll have to have another consideration.

"I don't even think it's going to be a financial issue. It's going to be an issue about spending the remaining time of my healthful years doing basketball or doing other things that now are possible for me, that I can do that I wasn't able to do in the past, which is fly fish, climb mountains, ride motorcycles, and all those things that have been unavailable to me for about the last eight, nine years."

The update comes as the Lakers have reclaimed control of what had became a race with the Nuggets and Mavericks for the best record in the West and home-court advantage in every L.A. series until at least the Finals. The seven-game winning streak heading into Friday night pushed the lead to a comfortable 6 ½ games, muting concerns, at least temporarily, about the defending champions lacking proper focus as the postseason approaches.

Of course, L.A. didn't have the proper focus in the playoffs last season and still survived the first round against Utah and a serious scare from Houston in the second, before playing much better in the conference finals against Denver and the championship series against Orlando. Order has been restored once again, and Jackson is hoping to continue the stability into next season.

"I think the Lakers want to continue this," he said. "I think the way you finish the season has a lot to do with it. Dr. [Jerry] Buss [the owner] went out on a limb this year and risked financial security or going into the black for signing players, and this is a franchise that hasn't ever lost money. They've always been able to say, 'We made money this last year,' and that's somewhat a matter of pride for him. Signing these players just about eliminated that, unless we go deep into the playoffs, and we want to do that."

Great news. We are going to need him for the 3 peat next season.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by AG 47

Bad. Real bad.
Ok?

Please explain why you think so?

I was commenting on tonight's performance all around. When I posted that,
your article wasn't up. I'm blaming Yuku.

I'm mad because the Lakers could have gained some ground and would have forced your balding team closer to the 8th seed.

Bam!

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Why you pullin out smokin hats? In a Laker thread. After a Laker L.  You're really still in denial that the Spurs are done?!

No homie is mad about the cavs losing I was just asking why...
ohwell.gif

Oh and the smokin hat was for the TEAM that beat the cavs this season....

[h1]
[h1]This one makes Phil Jackson want to give it up[/h1][h2]Jackson is unhappy after loss to the Thunder, saying Lakers didn't respond to his coaching.[/h2]
[table][tr][td]
52956583.jpeg

Lakers Coach Phil Jackson, left, talks to forward Lamar Odom after call a timeout in the first quarter of the Lakers' loss to Oklahoma City on Friday. (Sue Ogrocki / Associated Press / March 26, 2010)
[/td][/tr][/table]

/www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20100327,0,1628112,print.story">http://www.latimes.com/sp...27,0,1628112,print.story" frameBorder=0 width=234 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no>

By Broderick Turner
March 26, 2010 | 10:39 p.m.

Reporting from Oklahoma City - Lakers Coach Phil Jackson delivered an ominous message about his future with the team after L.A. was blown out by the Thunder, 91-75, on Friday night.

Jackson sat in his office after a game in which the Lakers trailed by as much as 33 points, his legs crossed.

Before the game, Jackson said he made "no decision" on whether he would coach the Lakers next season.

After the game, Jackson seemed to be pushed in a direction by his team's horrible play.

"After tonight, asking me that question when the team doesn't respond to your coaching, you're setting yourself up for a hypothetical like, ‘If they're not going to respond to your coaching, why do you want to come back and coach them?'" Jackson told The Times. "Either they respond or they don't respond.

"If they don't respond, you say, ‘no, this isn't the time for me to continue coaching.' If they do respond and we have the talent and we do the right thing and still can't win, that's a different story."

Jackson said he has to "balance" his feelings after a loss like Friday night versus the Lakers going to Houston on Saturday night and possibly winning.

The Lakers (53-19) still have the best record in the Western Conference, second-best in the NBA behind Cleveland.

"That's always an issue," Jackson said. "Can I get across to them? You only have so many messages. After you run out of those 250 messages and you start saying the same thing and people start to tune you out…"

Jackson, 64, is making $12 million this season.

When asked if Lakers owner Jerry Buss had asked him to take a pay cut, Jackson said, "no."

"It's not like the franchise is losing money and it's not like I haven't done the job," Jackson said. "I know I came back under dire circumstances, as far as where the team was headed and going."

The Lakers let Jackson go after the 2004 season. They missed the playoffs during the 2004-05 season, the first time that happened since 1994.

After Rudy Tomjanovich, who replaced Jackson, resigned during the season, Jackson was asked to come back in 2005.

The Lakers have made the playoffs every year since, winning the NBA championship last season. It was the fourth title the Lakers have won under Jackson.

"There was an incentive to hold the team together," Jackson said. "We got there [to the NBA championship] and now we're back and are a strong franchise again. So from that standpoint, it's not rational to think I would do that [take a pay cut] to come back."

Jackson said the Lakers possibly could have just one guard ( Sasha Vujacic) signed to a contract this summer.

Kobe Bryant, who hasn't signed a contract extension, can out opt of his contract this summer and become a free agent, as can Shannon Brown. Derek Fisher will be an unrestricted free agent, Jordan Farmar a restricted free agent.

That could leave the Lakers with just six players signed to contracts.

"There's a whole bunch of issues of what's going to be the makeup of our basketball club," Jackson said.

Jackson said he feels obligated to his staff, particularly assistants Frank Hamblen and Jim Cleamons. Jackson said assistant Brian Shaw will get a job, probably even a head coaching position.

After a dinner Thursday night with some of his personnel, some of them dubbed it "The Last Supper."

[email protected]

twitter.com/BA_Turner

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2010, The Los Angeles Times

nerd.gif

[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom