OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Isn't saying homer fan a little redundant? I mean fan is short for fanatic. So if someone considers themselves a fan they are going to be a bit unreasonable. Maybe you're just not the type of fan other people are does that make you better?

I don't think anything constructive comes from criticizing other peoples Fandom.
it doesnt make me any better but as fans we should respect each other's opinion instead acting like %%@ holes and resorting to personal attacks like a ton of you have if someone blames kobe for the lakers woes. The leader should always take the the blame. Like i said in his 14 years kobe can never consistently walk and chew gum at the same time meaning hes either gonna be aggressive and shoot or hes gonna be extremely passive.
Agree to disagree. The leader should always look to take the blame, but we don't always blame the leader. I do understand your point about Kobe being hot or cold in the way he plays offensively, although you have to take the good with the bad. Some nights he can be extremely aggressive and miss a bunch of shots but win the game at the end for us because that is something he does really well. If he wasn't aggressive he would be more likely to not shine in those occasions. When he is not aggressive he is trying to get him teammates involved, he can't win it alone. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not. 
It would be unfair to get on the guys case since you can't always do the right thing. He cannot control the way other players play or feel on a given night. The best he can do is motivate the players around him and get a good feel of who is hot and not. I think people who criticize, one, don't know what it's like to be a leader in his situation. Two, are a bit unrealistic about expectations. Three, are a bit pessimistic. not that any of those are wrong, that is just the way I see people who criticize superstars. I think they expect something inhuman from a human. Expecting that he's going to walk on water. The guy is going to do the best he can to help his team win, I wish the rest of the players on the team had that mindset, that killer instinct, but then again I would be expecting too much.

This goes for people who dog Lebron whenever he might make an error even in big situations. Consider your teams plight without their superstar (Kobe/Lebron/etc.)

I do also think Kobe should sit out. Either sit out the rest of the season now hoping we can win one without Kobe ( I am sure we can), or get one win and clinch 1st in West and sit out the rest.
I know Orlando is close to second best record in the league but home court in the Finals being a 2-3-2 format doesn't favor the home court team too much IMO. Get Kobe some rest and healthy into the playoffs, he needs it.

Seriously a long time ago I just put NobleKane on ignore list and don't bother reading whatever he spews on this thread or the official game threads.

The team played hard last night They even came back from 15 points and had the lead.... on the road IN Denver.

Pretty impressive if you ask me

I also like the idea of sitting Kobe for the rest of the season.

I haven't heard Noble say anything worthy of me ignoring him. I think he tends to be a bit more pessimistic than some but that doesn't mean he should be ignored...by me anyway.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I just wondering how come Kobe doesnt sit on the bench when he's not playing?
i bet hes at home gettin mad treatment on his injuries and straight chillin
laugh.gif
.. though with him playing an entire Olympic gold medal run this past summer, i cant say its not what is best for the team right now
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i bet you missed kobe tonight huh?

youve also stated that kobe is to blame why our games are so close...the games we have lost without kobe have been close games and othwe needed him in both

if kobe played we probably would have lost by more against denver. dont kid yourself. denver is a tough team and it was on the road. i was prolly in the minor in that i did not mind fisher taking that shot.

1 for 16 dude....1 for +!@$!$@ 16......

and the lakers still beat the jazz..

still all i here is how horrible artest is or how soft gasol is.... you guys NEVER blame this team's leader....

and bynum should not start when he comes back....

yea i hear you guys saying wait til playoffs they will have their $!*% together. but come on now have we become that arrogant as fans to think the lakers are just gonna turn it on like that?

im not saying kobe sucks but for everything amazing he does, he does some dumb $!*% that you just shake your head and say is this guy a @+*!+$+ rookie or some $!*%??

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Seriously a long time ago I just put NobleKane on ignore list and don't bother reading whatever he spews on this thread or the official game threads.

if you really need to put someone on ignore on a message board because the person's opinion of a certain superstar player hurts your feelings my friend you need to go outside more 

then again you are that guy who copied some dudes screen name on here and try to play him on the lakers board on some ol Desperately Seeking Susan steez
eek.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i bet you missed kobe tonight huh?

youve also stated that kobe is to blame why our games are so close...the games we have lost without kobe have been close games and othwe needed him in both

if kobe played we probably would have lost by more against denver. dont kid yourself. denver is a tough team and it was on the road. i was prolly in the minor in that i did not mind fisher taking that shot.

1 for 16 dude....1 for +!@$!$@ 16......

and the lakers still beat the jazz..

still all i here is how horrible artest is or how soft gasol is.... you guys NEVER blame this team's leader....

and bynum should not start when he comes back....

yea i hear you guys saying wait til playoffs they will have their $!*% together. but come on now have we become that arrogant as fans to think the lakers are just gonna turn it on like that?

im not saying kobe sucks but for everything amazing he does, he does some dumb $!*% that you just shake your head and say is this guy a @+*!+$+ rookie or some $!*%??

bro ive blamed kobe plenty of times...ive blamed him for breaking up the Lakers in 2005...i blamed him for missing the playoffs in 05 and also 1st round eliminations in 2006-07

but make it sound like hes the only reason for our troubles...if you didnt know we won with him last year

kobe being out there demands attention and a lot of the guys can play loose but they dont...kobe brings out the fire in the guys

now im a Laker fan first and foremost since showtime...i will always think magic is the GLOAT whatever kobe does so im far from a kobe stan

laugh.gif
@you not minding fish taking that last shot...are you kidding me? every Laker fan knows he made a mistake taking a shot over a bigger anthony...now if it was over a billups then ok...odom had billups on him a size avantage

Lakers got the first seed in the West on lock ... I say they rest Gasol now, even Fisher.

Fisher is old and slow as it is, it's not like he could possible play any worse with a little rest. It would be nice having Mbenga, Farmar, and Shannon play almost the whole game these last few games to get them ready and in shape for the playoffs.

As much as our bench sucks, these are the guys we will have to try and win a title again with. They deserve all the playing time they can get at this point and time.

There's nothing left to be accomplished regular season wise. Give Gasol/Fisher a rest alongside with Kobe.

Smh @ Drew bynum again. Another year he'll be coming off an injury out of shape into the playoffs.

EDIT

And NobleKane... You didn't mind Fisher taking that last shot? Are you serious? For all the whining and ******** you do about EVERYTHING, and you didn't mind it at all Smh..... Why do I even bother reading the stuff you have to say
tired.gif

^ yea why do you? you should stop. you are going to have a heart attack

[h1]
[h1]Kobe Bryant hopes to play Sunday against Trail Blazers[/h1][h2]The Lakers guard sat out the last two games because of swelling in his right knee.[/h2][h2]LAKERS FYI[/h2]
April 10, 2010|By Broderick Turner

Kobe Bryant "is anticipating" playing Sunday against the Portland Trail Blazers at Staples Center, Coach Phil Jackson said after practice Saturday.

Bryant, who didn't speak to the media, sat out the last two games because of swelling in his right knee.

his knee now?
[/h1]

same...I find I enjoy this thread a lot more without him
glasses.gif

I don't like this Kobe posting up game. I think that is the reason why his game isn't as effective as last year. When he posts up, the ball movement stops, everybody stops and watches. Chances for kick outs are low, teams can double him easier, and he can't use his quickness compared to off the dribble.

He needs to get back to his pick and roll, drive and dish game. I think another reason his post up is not great is he isn't passing as much, his attempts are up and his FG% is lower and his turnovers are higher this year.

So then we all agree that Kobe is on a decline in his career?

man and what poor timing just before the playoffs....

so was it his knee this time? or is it true that they lost this game on purpose so they could avoid the big bad blazers in the 1st round?

someone help me find the ANSWER!!!

laugh.gif

I wouldn't call a broken finger which is the main reason he sucks a decline.

If you're a Laker fan than you watched him beast before the injury.

Like I said, he can't even make freethrows with that thing on his finger.

This was a wasted game, like I said, we might as well rest everybody now.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

so was it his knee this time? or is it true that they lost this game on purpose so they could avoid the big bad blazers in the 1st round?

laugh.gif
He has not declining. He is just injured. You should be worried when lebron stop taking steroids/losing his athleticism cause he has no skills to fall back on.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

laugh.gif
He has not declining. He is just injured. You should be worried when lebron stop taking steroids/losing his athleticism cause he has no skills to fall back on.
Let's not get on the haters level!!!

ive been away from NT for most of the season and I'm not gonna go through all these posts but I can only imagine the panic/hysteria that some Laker fans are going through along with the outrageous assumptions and overreactions that non-Lakers fans and haters are posting.

They will be fine once the playoffs start.  the cliche has become that you can't flip the switch but actually championship teams can. 
the 93 Bulls , 95 Rockets, 98 Bulls, 01 and 02 Lakers did. 

I truly believe that Kobe is saving something for the playoffs and the most underrated aspect of Phil Jackson and his coaching staff is the game-planning, preparation, and adjustments they make during a playoff series.

^I sure hope Kobe is saving something, cause there is no way we will win the title if he's not close to 100% as possible and right now it looks more like he's at 70%

Originally Posted by Nash

same...I find I enjoy this thread a lot more without him
glasses.gif

why not just go here? i think this message board will suit you two best. http://www.oprah.com/community/community/spirit

there you can talk about your hurt feelings without having to ignore anybody anymore

Ever feel like the guy that uses his pinkie to plug a leak in a dam? 

Then there's another leak, = another pinkie.

Then another, = use a thumb.

Pretty soon, you have all your fingers, toes, @#$%, and whatever else pluggin the leaks.

How does that usually work out for the guy? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We sure do look like crap right now. 
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom