OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

MY DUDES....WE PEAKING AT THE RIGHT TIME
pimp.gif

Bring on Phoenix. Should be another series where we can exploit our size advantage.

Charles Barkey is infuriating. He just said Kobe's scoring didn't help the Lakers win this series against the Jazz.

What the hell is his problem?

Originally Posted by mogzz04

MY DUDES....WE PEAKING AT THE RIGHT TIME
pimp.gif

Bring on Phoenix. Should be another series where we can exploit our size advantage.

Yup.

But last month during the last 2 weeks of the regular season there were a bunch of people on this thread who were on suicide alert
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Charles Barkey is infuriating. He just said Kobe's scoring didn't help the Lakers win this series against the Jazz.

What the hell is his problem?
He was reaching hella hard to defend what he said. EJ, CWebb, and Kenny "The Jet" Smith were laughing and clowning him tonight.

roll.gif

Lakers in 7.

I'm not fearing the Suns, but I don't think they're getting enough credit for the way they've been playing.

It's going to be a great series. Looking forward to payback for 06 & 07.

Originally Posted by CP1708

KB8sandiego wrote:
^

I'm pretty aware of what Zodogg's done and said and how he can be overzealous as a fan.

It's just funny though that you guys begged, pleaded, and celebrated when he got perma-banned.

Yet, after the ban, y'all can't seem to keep his name out your mouths.

And on top of that, y'all keeping tabs on his twitter when you ain't even following him. That's what's funny.
laugh.gif

But whatever, I'm cool with him. He's good people in my book outside of sports and the #NT universe.

Not me bro, I want dude back on NT so I give him the OC treatment.  I wasn't thru with him yet.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No doubt Mamba, me was very happy with Ron the other night.  He played well.  And I cringed every 3 he shot.  True story. 

Fish doubters, I say hello.  

I want this game tonight so we can get on with it.  I don't want to be lookin ahead just yet, I won't speak on the next opponent, until we have a next opponent if you know what I mean.  Even though I'm excited, the Jazz are still a tough team, they can't be overlooked just cuz.  We need to finish them off, then we can have all kinds of fun after that.  Stay focused. 

laugh.gif
I'll give you that.

Unfinished business, is unfinished business.

Lakers front court of Pau, Drew, and Bynum is going to eat alive Amarie, Robin Lopez, Almundson and whatever stiffs they have to throw at the Lakers.

Lakers have shown this year in the playoffs they have learned from last year and now have that Killer Instinct everyone said we didn't have last year in the playoffs where Kobe even said the Lakers were bipolar.

Closing out the 1st & 2nd round in 2 of the most hostile arenas in the league is showing Killer Instinct & Championship swagger
pimp.gif

Lakers will eliminate the Suns in 5.

^
I dunno, the Lakers front court didn't quite eat alive Krstic, Collison, and Ibaka.

Cohesively as a team, The Thunder are far more athletic and quicker than the Jazz and the Suns, which is why they gave us fits.

As long as the Lakers dictate the tempo of the game throughout the entire series, they'll be alright.

Bench wise, the Suns have our number. I personally think we've got the bummest 2nd team in the NBA. They cannot sustain a lead whatsoever.

We'll see tho.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

^
I dunno, the Lakers front court didn't quite eat alive Krstic, Collison, and Ibaka.

Cohesively as a team, The Thunder are far more athletic and quicker than the Jazz and the Suns, which is why they gave us fits.

As long as the Lakers dictate the tempo of the game throughout the entire series, they'll be alright.

Bench wise, the Suns have our number. I personally think we've got the bummest 2nd team in the NBA. They cannot sustain a lead whatsoever.

We'll see tho.
You brought up good points.

But one big thing is that Thunder team defended on defense and had shot blockers like Ibaka which is what gave the Lakers front court & Kobe fits in that series.

The Suns are the complete opposite and play zero defense and just try to get teams to fall into their trap of playing an up tempo game and will just try to out score you. It's been that way since 4 years ago with D'Antoni and then after the Shaq & Terry Porter experiment where the Suns lost in the 1st round and failed to make it to the playoffs went with Alvin Gentry to go back to their run & gun style.

Also look at who they played in the 1st and 2nd round this year. A seriously banged up Blazer team with not a great front court, then caught a old and dying Spurs team.

Like I said before and a lot of the true Lakers fans on here feel it's going to be great getting revenge on the Suns because of the past playoff failures against them, but for me it's not just the same because D'Antoni & Raja Bell are no longer on the Suns.

***Red Alert***

Paging KB8

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Lakers' Sasha Vujacic could prove his worth against Phoenix[/h1]

Reporting from Salt Lake City
When Sasha Vujacic returns, will he be a secret weapon off the bench or continue to shoot astray?

The reserve guard said he would be available for the Western Conference finals after sitting out since April 14 because of a severely sprained left ankle, but his regular-season numbers were purely underwhelming — 2.8 points in 8.6 minutes a game, 30.9% from three-point range.

Lakers coaches have been saying Vujacic's presence is missed on the court. He'll get a chance to prove it next week.

"He can help us do some things that we haven't covered yet with our personnel we have on the bench," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said. "We're really looking at it at the defensive end, to cover guys coming off picks, with his quickness and his ability to focus on guys."

Vujacic started to play better the final two weeks of the regular season, averaging six points and 15.7 minutes a game in April as the Lakers battled a variety of injuries, specifically those sustained by Kobe Bryant.

Vujacic, who has one more year on his contract for $5.5 million, has been itching to return.

"It's been killing me; there's no secret about it," he said.

He could come in handy against Phoenix, which loves to push the pace, make teams go deep into their bench, and run myriad screen-and-rolls with Steve Nash.

"Of course, I know that," Vujacic said. "I've been to the playoffs now five times with the team. Sometimes in the playoffs, experience comes into play a little bit. I can't predict anything, but whenever I get those consistent minutes like I did at the end of the season, I started enjoying it. Whenever my team needs me, whatever I have to do — play defense, make some shots — I'll do it."

Rest up

Bryant, Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol might skip their international commitments during the off-season, which is fine with somebody of particular importance: NBA Commissioner David Stern.

"It's OK if they take some time off and if we have some of the newer players [representing]," Stern said Monday, speaking generally about veteran players not committing to international play this off-season. "Sharing the wealth is a terrific thing. I'm not worried about that at all."

Gasol does not plan on playing for the Spanish national team, and Bryant and Odom might also sit out a Team USA schedule that includes a training camp in Las Vegas in late June and the World Championship in Turkey beginning in late August.

Lucky guy?

San Antonio Coach Gregg Popovich surely wasn't thrilled to be swept by Phoenix in the West semifinals.

Then again, he might not have been eager to play the Lakers had the Spurs advanced to the conference finals.

As the regular season concluded, Popovich was asked by reporters how much he wanted to face the Lakers in the playoffs, on a scale of one to 10.

His answer: "Minus-five."
Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...20100511,0,6858088.story

Call your hit man and make sure Sasha doesn't make it back for the WCF
laugh.gif

Can't believe Famar actually went to 2 NCAA final appearances, 2 NBA finals and got 1 NBA ring. Imo this guy can ball. He's athletic and quick. He just need to go to a run and gun team so he can fully get his confident. It was a good experience but Farmar you gonna get traded.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Can't believe Famar actually went to 2 NCAA final appearances, 2 NBA finals and got 1 NBA ring. Imo this guy can ball. He's athletic and quick. He just need to go to a run and gun team so he can fully get his confident. It was a good experience but Farmar you gonna get traded.
Yeah and he won a city title in high school @ Taft high in Woodland Hills.

But his problem is dude has a big head on & off the court and wants to get his shine on.

I'll give some credit for his offensive skills and he works hard on his game. But dude has a horrible basketball IQ and makes bad decisions on the court when running the point. It's also well known and been pointed out here many times how this dude will ignore & freeze out Kobe on the court and will not pass him the ball in the post when he's suppose to run the triangle offense.

Farmar was only happy with the Lakers when Phil asked him to lead the second unit and to run the ball more and play more uptempo with that unit, back when the 2nd unit was being called "The Bench Mob" which was 2 seasons ago.

All I have to say to Farmar is: Have your agent call Don Nelson & The Golden State Warriors this summer
laugh.gif
You will love Nellie ball and the offense they run there.

The Warriors also have a history of loving and rewarding former Laker scrubs with fat contracts.

So, many fans want Farmar gone, but when he says he wants to start, even if it means being on a different team, he isn't loyal or doesn't value winning?

I want him gone because his skill set doesn't fit in the Lakers system. Btw, he made the same statement last year and I didn't begrudge him then either. We're (fans and Farmar) are both right.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

So, many fans want Farmar gone, but when he says he wants to start, even if it means being on a different team, he isn't loyal or doesn't value winning?

I want him gone because his skill set doesn't fit in the Lakers system. Btw, he made the same statement last year and I didn't begrudge him then either. We're (fans and Farmar) are both right.
In his mind he thinks he's a starting PG in the league. But honestly which GM's feels the same way? There are going to be other quality veteran PG's available this summer like Duhon, Felton, and Nate Robinson for teams that need a PG and I honestly don't think teams are going to choose Farmar over these type of PG's.

Heck Shannon Brown has even hinted at probably opting out of his contract this summer and I'd be willing to bet he gets more interest from other teams than Farmar.

Not sure if you guys watched the post game interviews but Kobe & LO have not forgotten about the past playoff failures against the Suns.

Here's some cliff notes:

Kobe in the post-game press conference was just told that LO mentioned in the locker room that he hadn't forgotten what had happened in the Playoff in 2006 & 2007 and the reporter asked Kobe if that kind of thing would be used as motivation.

And Kobe with the most serious (no smile) face looked at the reporter and said, "What do you think?"

Check out the press conference:

http://cbs2.com/video/[email protected]

A rested, healthy, and motivated Kobe & LO is bad news for the Suns.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]It's a big deal, and the Suns aren't big enough to handle the Lakers[/h1]From Salt Lake City

It was a sweep, all right.

The Lakers swept this doubter completely off his feet, reduced me to a pillar of salt, knocked me directly into a setting Suns.

Before watching the Lakers take the court against the Utah Jazz for the fourth game of a 3-0 playoff series Monday, I figured the ensuing Western Conference finals would be a regular Nash pit.

I figured wrong. The Phoenix Suns have no chance.

Anybody who watched the Lakers tear apart the NBA's most synchronized team on its most important night at its ear-bending home would agree.

Anybody who watched the Lakers become the first team to ever sweep the Jazz in a best-of-seven series with a 111-96 victory could not argue.

Maybe not even the Suns. You know they were watching. But their star Steve Nash could only witness it on television with one eye shut. I saw it in person with 19,000 surprised fans screaming. Trust me, little dude, it was harsher than it looked.

In terms Nash will understand, this wasn't just a sweep, it was a sandstorm. As trailers go, this one previewed all the good parts. The Lakers were nothing the Jazz could handle. The Lakers were everything the Suns are not.

"The perfect time to play hard, the perfect time to play better ... and now the perfect time to have six days off," said Ron Artest, smiling, pausing. "It's beautiful."

Beautiful, for some. The Suns probably walked away from Monday's game thinking beastly.

The Lakers played big. Even with Andrew Bynum tied behind their back, they played big. Pau Gasol hair big. Phil Jackson whistle big. Lamar Odom smile big.

Phoenix is not big. Amare Stoudemire averaged 20 points and nine rebounds against the Lakers this season, but he has little banging help inside.

"It's Stoudemire and Frye ... is it Frye?" asked Artest.

Yeah, not much strength there, it will basically be Stoudemire matched against Gasol, Odom and the rested knee of Bynum, and it won't even be close. Monday was about muscle, and for all their newfound tenacity, the Suns still don't have that muscle.

The Suns don't have Gasol spinning through the Jazz defense for a reverse layup that was such a piece of art, Gasol held up his hand for several long seconds afterward in triumph.

Gasol wound up with 33 points and 14 rebounds,.

The Suns don't have Bynum blocking Carlos Boozer, then blocking Ronnie Price, two plays that showed he can dominate if he just stays determined. Bynum could be a liability in the NBA Finals, but should be just fine here.

The Suns don't have Odom darting inside for a dunk attempt on which he was fouled, nailing a three-pointer during a Jazz comeback in the third quarter, finishing with 10 points and five rebounds and six free throws, more active each game.

"We have to take advantage of their size," Odom said of Phoenix. "We have to slow them down, and that starts inside."

The Suns don't have the kind of power that can overcome a defense that held the Jazz to three baskets in 19 attempts in a first-half stretching, the Lakers outscoring the Jazz by 21 points during that time, stealing it early.

" I know they have a little problem guarding the post, so we're just being aggressive,'' said Gasol.

Save that quote. You will read it again beginning next week.

The Suns, incidentally, also don't have anyone to consistently take the brunt of Bryant's drives, because he's driving again, his fearlessness back, his flexibility back, his teammates along for the ride.

Bryant scored 32 points, his fourth consecutive Good Kobe game of this series, and did the Suns hear this warning?

"I feel healthy," said Bryant. "That's the big difference."

The Lakers also showed toughness in geography, this basic group closing out their fourth consecutive playoff series on the road for the first time in club history, the first two series this year and the final two series last year.

And this wasn't just anywhere on the road, this was the strange confines of an angry mob who never ceased to amaze.

On Monday at EnergySolutions Arena, I left my press seat and returned to the press room with 2:28 left in the first half and the Lakers leading, 53-34.

"You can go right to LAX, there's nothing to see here," yelled one Lakers fan.

"Your Lakers got all the calls," countered an angry Jazz fan. "The Lakers didn't earn this. They didn't earn it!''

That fan was a father holding his son's hand as they headed to the bathroom. It is the first time I have been heckled by a parent holding a child. It is, I hope, the last time I will be among this crowd until next spring.

On to Phoenix, where the competition will be more furious, but the outcome will be the same, Lakers in five.

Oklahoma City reminded them what it was like to play desperate. Utah reminded what it was like to play strong. Phoenix can do little to make them forget.
Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...11,0,4122008,full.column

youngcheezy has been banned for an indefinite amount of time because of the personal attacks he posted in this thread.

It's also well known and been pointed out here many times how this dude will ignore & freeze out Kobe on the court and will not pass him the ball in the post when he's suppose to run the triangle offense.

I've read that he's been told to do that. Sure, ignoring him on a fast break or when he's wide open isn't doing it right, but going away from Kobe in the half court offense isn't a bad thing. His difficulty is balancing going to Kobe vs being aggressive vs getting the rest of the team involved.

In his mind he thinks he's a starting PG in the league. But honestly which GM's feels the same way? There are going to be other quality veteran PG's available this summer like Duhon, Felton, and Nate Robinson for teams that need a PG and I honestly don't think teams are going to choose Farmar over these type of PG's.

Heck Shannon Brown has even hinted at probably opting out of his contract this summer and I'd be willing to bet he gets more interest from other teams than Farmar.

Neither Robinson nor Brown are point guards. They don't run teams.

Duhon is about the same level as Farmar, but he's had an opportunity to run a (semblance) of a team so, yes, I believe a GM would take a chance on Farmar, four years younger than Duhon, before Duhon.

From the little I've read, it seems like Felton is a better defender than Farmar, but Farmar seems like the better shooter. I believe a team can depend on Felton being the same defender where ever he's at while Farmar may not shoot as well on a poor team. Edge: Felton.

Charlotte would be in the market for a starting PG if Felton were to leave and Augustin isn't ready or able.

The Pacers need a PG. Knicks might need a veteran PG. That's about it. There are a few other teams where I believe he might be a better fit than what they have, but the guys there are already on long or good contracts.

Dude's SOL because while good, it takes more than that to start. There just isn't a market for this dude as a starter, but there are plenty of teams that could use him as a back-up.

He even has bad timing on his own team with two other guards up for a new contract too.

On Monday at EnergySolutions Arena, I left my press seat and returned to the press room with 2:28 left in the first half and the Lakers leading, 53-34.

"You can go right to LAX, there's nothing to see here," yelled one Lakers fan.

"Your Lakers got all the calls," countered an angry Jazz fan. "The Lakers didn't earn this. They didn't earn it!''

That fan was a father holding his son's hand as they headed to the bathroom. It is the first time I have been heckled by a parent holding a child. It is, I hope, the last time I will be among this crowd until next spring.

eek.gif
eyes.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

youngcheezy has been banned for an indefinite amount of time because of the personal attacks he posted in this thread.

It's also well known and been pointed out here many times how this dude will ignore & freeze out Kobe on the court and will not pass him the ball in the post when he's suppose to run the triangle offense.

I've read that he's been told to do that. Sure, ignoring him on a fast break or when he's wide open isn't doing it right, but going away from Kobe in the half court offense isn't a bad thing. His difficulty is balancing going to Kobe vs being aggressive vs getting the rest of the team involved.

Neither Robinson nor Brown are point guards. They don't run teams.

Duhon is about the same level as Farmar, but he's had an opportunity to run a (semblance) of a team so, yes, I believe a GM would take a chance on Farmar, four years younger than Duhon, before Duhon.

From the little I've read, it seems like Felton is a better defender than Farmar, but Farmar seems like the better shooter. I believe a team can depend on Felton being the same defender where ever he's at while Farmar may not shoot as well on a poor team. Edge: Felton.

Charlotte would be in the market for a starting PG if Felton were to leave and Augustin isn't ready or able.

The Pacers need a PG. Knicks might need a veteran PG. That's about it. There are a few other teams where I believe he might be a better fit than what they have, but the guys there are already on long or good contracts.

Dude's SOL because while good, it takes more than that to start. There just isn't a market for this dude as a starter, but there are plenty of teams that could use him as a back-up.

He even has bad timing on his own team with two other guards up for a new contract too.
Good stuff man.

Honestly I've watched Farmar since his days at UCLA because I am a fan of Bruins hoops. The knock on him coming out early and declaring for the draft back then was he didn't have a jumper which to his credit he's worked on and gotten a lot better in his 4 years with the Lakers. Like I said before he Farmar is known to work hard on his game. Defensively there's room for improvement but he gambles a lot on defensive and plays the passing lanes for steals which often put the Lakers in bad situations at wrong times during games.

As for the Pacers possibly having interest in Farmar. I don't know because I remember hearing last summer that the Pacers wanted Shannon Brown and offered him a pretty good contract which he turned down to re sign with the Lakers for less money and another shot at  another ring.

Back
Top Bottom