OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by CP1708

I'm off to go watch the win for LA tonight.  Be back in the morning to talk about game 7. 
smokin.gif

ONE

we need to keep our antennas up for game 7 i FULLY expect the celtics to come out hot and its gonna be a heated game 7

c'mon Lakeshow defend our house

I think we dont need to worry about the lakers playing hard... I mean its a game 7, Lakers will respond with energy. The question is, will their shots fall? Will Artest hit his open threes? Will Sasha? Will Odom box out? Will Kobe be "on"?

It really just comes down to that. But one thing you notice in this series is, IF the Lakers hustle and play hard and with passion, they CANNOT be beat (i.e. two blow outs and one very convincing game 3 win)

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Infyrno23: *warned* We don't allow profanity. I edited your reply to show 'm-f-er' instead of what you had. Be more careful next time, please.
my bad, i thought the auto edit would take care of it... wont happen again.

You guys think it will be worth it going to the espn zone or the yardhouse to watch game 7 or will it be super packed?

The energy in staples was great last night. It was probably the best crowd I've been a part of at Staples. Also a great game for us. Hopefully they keep it up in game 7. Game 7 is really up for grabs by either team. Boston won't have Perkins, so hopefully that will help Bynum out. But we all know BOS will come out with a lot of energy. So we have to match it. I am excited
laugh.gif

Why does game 7 have to be a close game?

I'm saying the Lakers will win game 7 convincingly. THey will bring energy and play desperate, which is when the Lakers are unbeatable.

jacknicholsonq.jpg
......serious question who is this lady and what does she do?   I watch the games at my Asian friends house all the time and his grandma and mom both sit like this ( bent over posture) lol.. but they asked me who it was and I can't find it anywhere on the internet

game 7 is gonna be a close game its only fitting

as for that asian lady next to jack...i dont know either but shes been there since the days of the forum if im not mistaken

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

jacknicholsonq.jpg
......serious question who is this lady and what does she do?   I watch the games at my Asian friends house all the time and his grandma and mom both sit like this ( bent over posture) lol.. but they asked me who it was and I can't find it anywhere on the internet

Jet Woo Kim, shes good friends with Jack Nicholson.

She's been a season ticket holder for about 17 years. ESPN did a piece on her a couple years ago if anyone can find it.

Sooooo, most of you should know by now that I am VERY good at... finding something to worry about.
laugh.gif

I've found it.
embarassed.gif

See, I wish that we had barely won yesterday. Blowing them out, they're going to come out like 'Oh, HELL no!!!' They're going to study film more angry than if it was just a 1-pt. loss, they're going to practice like they just got their arses kicked (because they did), and they're going to play gm. 7 more focused than if it was 'just' a loss rather than a loss in blowout fashion.

That worries me.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by REALTALKAZ

jacknicholsonq.jpg

Jet Woo Kim, shes good friends with Jack Nicholson.

She's been a season ticket holder for about 17 years. ESPN did a piece on her a couple years ago if anyone can find it.
LakerMii.jpg
the new
indifferent.gif

Sooooo, most of you should know by now that I am VERY good at... finding something to worry about.
laugh.gif

I've found it.
embarassed.gif

See, I wish that we had barely won yesterday. Blowing them out, they're going to come out like 'Oh, HELL no!!!' They're going to study film more angry than if it was just a 1-pt. loss, they're going to practice like they just got their arses kicked (because they did), and they're going to play gm. 7 more focused than if it was 'just' a loss rather than a loss in blowout fashion.

That worries me.
Or... it could be the Lakers barely winning by 1 only for Boston to feel like all they have to do is play "just a little harder" and that could push them over the hump.

For the Lakers, they needed this type of win for confidence purposes.  I mean Artest, Brown, Sasha and Farmar all had very good games.  Not because they were getting lucky shots fall for them, but because they created their own opportunities.  They were running down the court, getting steals, diving for loose balls....

Plus, let the Celtics think the Lakers played "reall well" because they really didnt.  Offensively at least.  THey only put up 89 points.  Only 13 in the fourth.  So even they can play better.  I think for a game 7, all bets are off in terms of "playing hard", i think its gonna come down to whether your shots are falling or not.

Just to add to that...

remember when Lakers came back in the 4th quarter of game 5 and were ONLY down by 5 with 1 minute left (Lakers ball).. well Phil Jackson even said the team was very upbeat about their fourth quarter run and were positive. Well, it showed.

The first 5 minutes of the Lakers game will be HUGE. If they come out like game 6 and HUSTLE and just beat Boston to all the loose balls and score in easily - this will put it in the back of the Celtics minds that its over (although they wont go away without a fight- still imagine the mental pressure that puts on them)

ska i felt the same way after the 3rd quarter ended...i hope we have our antennas up for tomorrow and i expect the celtics to be pretty p.o'd come out firing and pushing

we need to play with that intensity

and idk about that asian lady ive seen her if im not mistaken since the days in the forum

laugh.gif

I've found it.
embarassed.gif

That worries me.

Well my feeling is, I'm thanking the heavens that Game 6, was the game that woke up the bench.
The bench is confident, Sasha is confident in his shot, Farmar has got wood burns in his legs and hands, Shannon has gotten life, and Odom got laid.
laugh.gif

Can't wait for Game 7.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

i guess im one of only few who think they will win pretty easily.

Im with you on this one.

This is game 7, Lakers aint gonna come out like "oh its only game 7, we'll get them next game"
laugh.gif

Who cares if the Celtics are pissed off.  Ohhhh im scared.
tongue.gif

I think the next game will be a Lakers victory by about 8-12 points

the home crowd is huge for the role players and for the team's confidence and energy

the loss of Perkins is HUGE
the lane is gonna be a lot more open for drives, rebounds and Gasol post ups

I know its been a while but you know I had to come through.

Man last night was crazy! I can't say how happy I was with the crowd. Everybody was hype and I hope we have more of the same tomorrow. All the boston fans were getting messed with. One down spot was when we were cheering when perkins went down. I thought that was a bit low but its boston/ LA I should have known it was coming. I took my daughter to last nights game and she had a great time. I almost went broke in the team LA store. I swear I should never step foot in there.

I can't call tomorrows game and I don't want to. I just glad that I will get to be a part of history either way...

Always great to get free tacos during the finals! Damn I can't wait until tomorrow!

Infyrno23:
23ska909red02:
Infyrno23: *warned* We don't allow profanity. I edited your reply to show 'm-f-er' instead of what you had. Be more careful next time, please.
my bad, i thought the auto edit would take care of it... wont happen again.
You're good. But the filter only edits straight out cuss words. For example, it would filter out 's--t', but it wouldn't filter 's--tface'.

Tupac do they have those Finals patches on sale at the LA Store?

Yo man this is truly something special and I just want to let ya'll know that I effs with ya'll forreal man.

I wish I could be at the Staples Center for this one. The start of this game will show a lot, go out there and play even more focused and aggressive than Game 6. Treat it like your backs are against the wall once again. I'm confident knowing that LA knows boston will come out swinging.

Play physical but be smart.

Got a test tomorrow but I won't focus that much. Ever since the conclusion of Game 6 this has been on my mind.

Get it done.

GuttaGetsBusy:
Treat it like your backs are against the wall once again. I'm confident knowing that LA knows boston will come out swinging.

Play physical but be smart.
This is what I'm looking for. With Perkins out, STEP ON THEIR G-D THROAT!! And don't effing let up. I've heard multiple analysts contrast the Celtics/Lakers by saying we're about finesse and they're about grit. Well I wish that crap was reversed for tomorrow. I want to see US be the aggressor, the bully.

Back
Top Bottom