OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Seems to me what the Lakers should do is hand check and illegally screen defenders just like Boston. To me it's the Lakers fault for bailing out the refs. You have to force the issue and make them call an even game.

Ron isn't making PP uncomfortable and just letting him get to his spot. I think he did a better job the first 3 games of the series. The only thing that is different from then to now is Ron is giving him space and not pestering him on the defense. Above all else got to make him uncomfortable.

Celtics are doing a good job pestering Kobe on the defense with hand checks (which if the refs allow then they allow and Lakers need to take advantage of it too). Allen is able to hand check Kobe on the hip pretty much every possession and make him work for every shot.

When Kobe was going off they were not collectively getting stops on the defensive end. Allowing way too many lay-ups and why were layups being given to Rondo??? The guy shoots 0% from the FT line.

The Celtics have definitely surprised me but the biggest difference in this series has been that they have been playing aggressive defensively the whole series. The refs were calling the fouls the first 3 games and then swallowed their whistles for the last couple. The Lakers have not recognized this and adjusted to play aggressive back.

I give credit to Boston for not changing the way they attack the game.

The Lakers have not figured out (I cannot understand why) that they aren't going to be able to run the triangle like they normally do. The reason is they are doubling the post pass, not allowing it to go in. When this happens they get stuck trying to figure out what they are going to do for offense, so they generally pass the ball to Kobe with about 7 seconds left on the shot clock and ask him to do something with it. This is not a good possession. They must recognize the side they are doubling on and get the ball to the weak side for IMMEDIATE penetration to the hoop. This will open up lanes for passes to big men in the middle or open layups if they don't commit. They were doing this games 1-3 but have for some reason stopped. I believe for the Lakers to win they must make Kobe the play maker, not always having to score but he must get into the paint for easier opportunities make or miss, the ball must be in the paint for us to win. This will allow for more rebounds closer to the basket and less long rebounds, in turn allowing less fast break opportunities for the Celtics.

Again credit the Celtics for not allowing them to get into their offense.

On a side note, just wondering if people are seeing the same thing I am when watching the Celtics run pick and rolls and Ray running off screens...(had to throw that in there to take a bit away from the Celtics because believe it or not they are getting a bit of help). I fully expect a game 7 because I think the refs will make sure of it and then anything can happen from there.

everyone talking about the Lakers winning 2, i want the same thing as you guys believe me on that, but lets talk and worry about them having more points then the guys in green jerseys after 4 quarters on tuesday first before we worry about a game 7.

the Lakers win game 6, it's going to be real hard to lose game 7. worry about 6 first, then lets get all hyped up and crazy for game 7.

Realistically speaking, after 5 games this IS what the series SHOULD be 3-2 Boston.

The C's took 2 straight games from us, to say we cant do the same is ridiculous. The Celtics have looked awful in a few games just like we have, yet they know how to put it behind them and move on to the next game.

This is the NBA Finals, there are a maximum possibility of 2 games left in the season for about 5 months. EVERYTHING needs to be left on the court. We gotta come out not $#*+$@% around and string together 1 win and then it goes to a sudden death game, where whoever wants it more, WILL win the game. No excuses for losing a game 7, if you arent ready, or too tired, or didnt leave the court saying 'i gave all i could, and did all i could' then you DONT deserve to win, whether youre a Laker or a Celtic.

On another note, I bought my Game 7 ticket today. And am fully confident that I will be in downtown LA on Thursday night.
pimp.gif

48a15fea454cb0d28c5d82fae5c1174e8811645_t.gif

d8825cde844be473bf0d97add1f7b5af647480c_t.gif

part of me was waiting for #8 to check in the game....
i was like, "If Kobe just decided to Iso every time down the court, and go on his 81 point attitude... i wouldnt even care"

Pau looked disinterested, Odom looks intimidated, Artest was totally 100% mentally not there, he was like a step behind on everything he was doing, the bench didnt look interested, only person that looked like they were trying to win was Kobe Bean Bryant, and he hit some of the most amazing shots....
its actually amazing, that he scores 30 points, Boston zones 3 men in his area, EVERY time he touches the ball... they even doubled him the moment he crossed half court, Tony allen is hand checking him and fouling him basicallly every play, but nto to take anythign away from boston's defense, they ARE playing defense, it just happens to be illegal.... but Kobe scores on some of the toughest shots i have ever seen... its truely a testament to how good he really is, all this on the 2 broken fingers on his shooting hand, and bum knee.... dude is really amazing

i swear i might punch my TV if the Lakers dont come out Turnt ALL THE WAY UP..... i mean, they better blow Boston out in game 6. Im expecting a blow out, and then a dog fight in game 7.

also Salute Bynum for playing on his bum !$$ Knee..... even though im tired of him getting injured every year... he showing some heart by playing on it, and giving some minutes....

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Realistically speaking, after 5 games this IS what the series SHOULD be 3-2 Boston.

On another note, I bought my Game 7 ticket today. And am fully confident that I will be in downtown LA on Thursday night.
pimp.gif

My Man
pimp.gif

Anyone in need of a good laugh on this gloomy day? I took this from the "Lakers Haters unite" thread

Hes reponding to someone that said that the haters would wish that their team was in the position the Lakers are in right now, down 3-2 at home for the next two games.... Hes a spurs fan btw

Do Be Doo wrote:

It was all fun and games before but now the "haters" should worry about their own team?
Your team is about to be done TUES or THURS so we will all be in the same boat...
Hell NO I wouldn't want my TEAM in the finals if they were down 3-2....Why the hell make the trip there only to lose in the biggest stage EVER?
also home court means nothing BOS has won in LA already....

I almost fell out of my chair when I read that, I hope he's just joking.

anyhow, like Phil said... it was 2-2 and a best of three... they did what they had to do and won at home, now its time for lakers to do the same... win at home.

Lets go [color= rgb(153, 0, 204)]
Lakers[/color]

right now they should be banning all hollywood actors, musicians, writers, or famous people from the building. I dont wanna see *%!@*!% leonardo dicaprio, tom cruise, will smith, or any other smug arrogant hollywood person in the building. Take their tickets away. This is not the ballet or opera. It is a *%!@*!% finals nba game. Home court is because of the atmosphere and the love the crowd gives to its home players. The staples center crowd SUCKS. Have all the nosebleed people come up tothe front row.

alot of youare worrying way too much. For most part the series has been close in every game. The lakers just need to execute and DRIVE TO THE HOOP. Attack the basket, play defense, andonly sub players when they are in foul trouble.

if the celtics take this on the lakers own homecourt, you will NEVER hear the end of it....

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

The C's took 2 straight games from us, to say we cant do the same is ridiculous. The Celtics have looked awful in a few games just like we have, yet they know how to put it behind them and move on to the next game.

This is the NBA Finals, there are a maximum possibility of 2 games left in the season for about 5 months. EVERYTHING needs to be left on the court. We gotta come out not $#*+$@% around and string together 1 win and then it goes to a sudden death game, where whoever wants it more, WILL win the game. No excuses for losing a game 7, if you arent ready, or too tired, or didnt leave the court saying 'i gave all i could, and did all i could' then you DONT deserve to win, whether youre a Laker or a Celtic.

pimp.gif

who you and the janitors cause your season ends tuesday night
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

right now they should be banning all hollywood actors, musicians, writers, or famous people from the building. I dont wanna see *%!@*!% leonardo dicaprio, tom cruise, will smith, or any other smug arrogant hollywood person in the building. Take their tickets away. This is not the ballet or opera. It is a *%!@*!% finals nba game. Home court is because of the atmosphere and the love the crowd gives to its home players. The staples center crowd SUCKS. Have all the nosebleed people come up tothe front row.

alot of youare worrying way too much. For most part the series has been close in every game. The lakers just need to execute and DRIVE TO THE HOOP. Attack the basket, play defense, andonly sub players when they are in foul trouble.

if the celtics take this on the lakers own homecourt, you will NEVER hear the end of it....

This, this, this, this, this, and this.

All of the above, even though you are not supposed to be here Noble, I agree with what you said.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I firmly believe that the celtics will be shaken if they lose game 6.

I don't think we can lose at home giving our best effort so I will be mad if they lose.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
NobleKane wrote:

if only the fun police from those mid 90's nike commericals were real.

the crowd better be into it tomorrow for the entire game. if your going to show up late, then sell your tickets plain and simple.  if your bringing some bimbo that doesn't watch basketball then sell your tickets and enjoy dinner and a movie.  i wanna see a real home court advantage tomorrow night

All I can ask for is 110% from all the guys, if I get this and we still lose I won't like it but I would be able to live with it. If not I will be pissed. I am thinking it's going to go 7 though so we will see.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

the crowd better be into it tomorrow for the entire game. if your going to show up late, then sell your tickets plain and simple.  if your bringing some bimbo that doesn't watch basketball then sell your tickets and enjoy dinner and a movie.  i wanna see a real home court advantage tomorrow night

I really wish that was the case.  Given what others think, we really have strong and knowledgeable fans, if the majority of us could afford the lavish prices of the lower bowl section tickets, best believe we would be there bleeding purple and gold.

But it's Hollywood, to be seen at a Laker game can do wonders for your career.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

16 yrs ago when the last FINALS G5 L followed by G6 W, G7 W........16th Title?

Game 5 - Knicks 91, Rockets 84

The Knicks moved ahead in the series for the first time, winning their second consecutive game by ending the game on a 15-5 run. The Knicks made 10 consecutive free throws in the final two minutes, and forced the Rockets to miss 12 of 13 shots during one stretch in the fourth quarter.

Patrick Ewing scored 25 points and shot better than 50 percent (11-of-21) for the first time in the series. He also tied an NBA Finals record with eight blocked shots. Ewing was one of five Knicks in double figures, including Anthony Mason, who scored 17 points off the bench. Hakeem Olajuwon had 27 points to lead the Rockets, but also committed eight turnovers, including six in the first half.

This game is best remembered not for anything that happened on the court, but for the television broadcast, which was interrupted by coverage of the O.J. Simpson low-speed freeway chase with the Los Angeles Police Department. At the time, Simpson was working as an NFL analyst on NBC, which was broadcasting the NBA Finals.

Game 6 - Rockets 86, Knicks 84

Back in Houston, the Rockets forced a decisive Game 7, holding off a last-minute Knicks rally. The Rockets led 84-77 with 3:17 left, but didn't make another basket for the rest of the game. The Knicks cut the lead to two points with 1:17 left, before Hakeem Olajuwon -- playing with five fouls -- made a pair of free throws to stretch the lead to four. The Knicks closed back to within two and had a chance to win the series, but Olajuwon blocked John Starks' game-winning 3-point attempt with two seconds left.

Olajuwon finished with 30 points, 10 rebounds and four blocked shots. He was the only Rockets player with more than 12 points. Despite his miss at the end of the game, Starks was the Knicks' most effective player. He led the team with 27 points, shooting 9-of-18 from the field and 5-of-9 from 3-point range. Patrick Ewing had 17 points and 15 rebounds, but shot just 6-of-20 from the field.

Game 7 - Rockets 90, Knicks 84

In the decisive Game 7, the Knicks once again turned to the shooting hand of John Starks, who nearly got them a win in Game 6. However, Starks never got going, missing 16 of the 18 shots he attempted, including all 11 from 3-point range, and the Rockets capitalized, earning the first championship in franchise history.

Hakeem Olajuwon finished with 25 points, 10 rebounds, seven assists and three blocks. Vernon Maxwell added 21, while Sam Cassell scored the first six points of the fourth quarter to finish with 13. Starks finished with just eight points, while going 1-of-10 from the field (0-of-5 from 3-point range) in the fourth quarter. Derek Harper led the Knicks with 23 points in the loss. Patrick Ewing was held to 17 points on 7-of-17 shooting.

When the NBA compilied its list of the 60 Greatest Playoff Moments to coincide with the league's 60th anniversary, this game was ranked No. 34 on the list.

its really simple guys... no point speculating and bringing up old stats, all that is irrelevant right now... it just comes down to the following:

1) Pau, Bynum, Odom and Artest have to crash the boards on every shot attempt.

2) Artest has to slow down Pierce

3) Fisher has to stay with Allen and stay out of foul trouble

4) Kobe's gotta be everywhere on defense like he was game 3.

5) Kobe has to score at least 25 on at least 45% shooting

6) Lakers gotta dive after every loose ball

7) Artest, Sasha, Farmar, Brown have to hit their open shots

glasses.gif
Pau has to score at least 20 and grab at least 10 boards.

9) Celtics have to have several mental lapses during the game

10) Lakers need a little bit of luck, just as any champion does.

Its this simple. If at least 8 out these 10 things dont happen they wont win. Luckily a majority of these things are effort dependent so if they dont show up, then they dont deserve to win.

If all else fails and we're down I hope Rondo has a breakaway and he breaks his leg the way S. Livingston did...while falling on KG's larynx and crushing it to pieces.

*hopes for the same result as the last time my team was in a best-of-7 championship series, heading home for the final 2 games, down 2 game to 3*

My team, the home team, splits the first 2 home games, leaving home tied 1-1.

They take the first game on the road, going up 2-1.

Road team takes the next 2 games on their own turf. My team is heading home to fight for their lives, down 2-3.

They win game 6 in DRAMATIC fashion, sparking an EPIC late-in-the-game comeback that made other team's organizers put the champagne away; they had already wheeled it into the locker room.

Gm 7, at home... VICTORY.

And that team was FULL of a bunch of nobodies.

Major difference, though: it was a bunch of nobodies that HUSTLED.

This

Well said, I have faith in our boys. Considering how bad we played in all facets, lack of hustle, lack of energy, no sense of urgency, no ball movement, we got out shot badly and toonly lose by 6 or whatever it was; just shows if we put up a performance we know we are capable of, surely we will win game 6 and game 7 is for anyone to win.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

This, this, this, this, this, and this.

All of the above, even though you are not supposed to be here Noble, I agree with what you said.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But i definitely agree kicking out all those hollywood dudes out with the exception of Jack, Ice Cube, and the Chili Peppers 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

*hopes for the same result as the last time my team was in a best-of-7 championship series, heading home for the final 2 games, down 2 game to 3*

My team, the home team, splits the first 2 home games, leaving home tied 1-1.

They take the first game on the road, going up 2-1.

Road team takes the next 2 games on their own turf. My team is heading home to fight for their lives, down 2-3.

They win game 6 in DRAMATIC fashion, sparking an EPIC late-in-the-game comeback that made other team's organizers put the champagne away; they had already wheeled it into the locker room.

Gm 7, at home... VICTORY.

And that team was FULL of a bunch of nobodies.

Major difference, though: it was a bunch of nobodies that HUSTLED.

i thought you were talking about 2002 against sacramento at first before i realized you were talking about the Angels. that 2002 Angels team was something, dudes hustled, got key hits, made key plays, and were a true team.  i remember dudes at school had the scott spiezo red goatees during that world series run
laugh.gif

in baseball the home team has gotten the job done down 3-2 numerous times, even against championship teams.  see 2001 diamondbacks.

i see this series as very similar to the 1994 finals though through the first 5 games. the knicks went to houston up 3-2 after winning the final 2 home games at the garden. defense was the knicks specality and their D frustrated Hakeem and came through for them late in games 4 and 5 sorta similar to how the Celtics D has frustrated the Lakers at times.

all we can hope for is that 6 and 7 play out the same.

hell the Lakers have been through something similar before when trying to repeat,  Detroit was up 3 in their closeout game 6 with a minute left in 1988 and were  up 1 with 30 seconds left in the game and the Lakers came through.

you can look at the past and see hope in the past but the writing on the walls is clear, these Lakers have tomorrow and possibly thursday to determine their legacy.

imo game 6 is the tougher of the 2 games to win, if they win game 6, steal all the momentum from Boston and have the Celtics thinking, "damn that was our shot to close this out and we blew it" i don't see their being any way the Lakers lose game 7 at home.

just like the snowball effect from losing that 4th quarter in game 4 piled on for the Lakers and carried into game 5, a game 6 Laker win would carry over into the potential game 7.

man tomorrow evening cannot come any sooner

i dont think i can sleep tonight.

(puts pins into my paul pierce voodoo doll)

wu2laq.jpg
LETS GO WE BOUT TO END THIS SERIES....... lets goo.. boston all day.

Pau isnt doing a thing. Fisher, Odom, Artest and especially the bench aint doing anything.

Boston will come out fired up and will win the game.

Boston is gonna blow LA out easily like 08's game 6. When boston has a chance like this RIP lakers.

Lets go get this win Celtics... we out heaaa bostonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

parade yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Back
Top Bottom