[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Odom was pushed, though.

i don't even care about the 1st seed in the West, just want a better record than the East.

1 loss, big deal.

We were long overdue to play a bad game offensively, which was tonight. Probably carried over from Utah, but this is normal.

Can't expect this team not to have bad games for this long of a stretch.

Odom got me happy with that three then pissed off by not boxing! I want lakers to get first seed in west but 2nd is good too I just want bulls to lose!

Odom got bodied, punked, etc right there. Yeah, you should be mad at yourself (seeing him punched the ball at the end of the game).

Lakers didnt give a damn until the last 2 minutes. 46 minutes of uninspired basketball. Jesus.

Originally Posted by Mjvskb24vs23

Odom was pushed, though.

i don't even care about the 1st seed in the West, just want a better record than the East.

Same here. Bunch of people are crying in the game thread about the loss, big deal. were 17-2 in our last 19 games...were not the PERFECT basketball team. There is no such thing as perfection. 
Its one loss, and we deserved it. They played better than us today, so they won. Just tip your hat and move on.

Yes kobe played like crap, yes we couldnt shoot to save our lives, but jeez its not the end of the world...

We're still the hottest team in the NBA, and we lost to a VERY GOOD denver team. Props to them.

Now lets move on to the next opponent. 
smile.gif

Yep, not a big deal at all.

I don't get why Odom was the one boxing Martin out though, should of been Pau.....Easy mistakes that you want to make now and not in the playoffs.

As long as we have a better record than the East, that's all that matters. We still got a few games as well, we're in a great position.

Lakers didnt give a damn until the last 2 minutes. 46 minutes of uninspired basketball. Jesus.

This. Which is why i'm not even worried about this lost.

Why is bynum not in? Its like the spurs game all over again.

You didn't see the replay where Bynum grapped his knee? Yeah, I wouldn't put him in either. Matter of fact, if I was Phil I would've took Pau out the game when he went in the locker room.

Can't expect this team not to have bad games for this long of a stretch.

Correct. I do NOT want Lakers going into the post season being big headed!

Denver played aggressive as hell on D and we didn't really make em' pay for it. Even back when we played in the WCF 2 years back, they always poke & swipe at the ball whenever one of our bigs post up and Pau especially did not try to adjust.

Gotta give those guys some credit but I think the passiveness shown by LA on entry passes & in other aspects of the game did them in. Those TOs
30t6p3b.gif

I'm just going to envision Bynum being fully healthy

Odom ALWAYS gets punked with clutch rebounds. If another team wins off of a rebound it is usually his fault.

Everyone played terrible and no energy and they still had a chance to win. 18 turnovers though? You can't except to win with that many.

Gasol has been pathetic lately. Anyone notice how easily he gets stripped all the time these days or the ball slips out of his hands?

Why does phil jackson stick with ineffective players and lineups for so long? Blake played better than fisher yet fisher had 30+ minutes of ATROCIOUS play.
THEN HE FAILS TO BRING IN BYNUM FOR REBOUNDING AGAIN. Odom will probably cost the Lakers a couple games in the playoffs with his unclutch rebounds.
Gotta be glad this is Phil's last year.

Man, I couldnt believe the trouble they had inbounding the ball. What was it? Like two TOs trying to pass the ball in?

I also saw a couple times where there were miscommunications. Guys that arent ready to receive the pass. Guys passing the ball to that person anyway when there's another person in the area that he couldve passed to. At times, that second person (or third) wasnt paying attention either.

So many mental lapses.

This playoffs is/has been getting interesting. I dont think this will be a cake walk for any teams out West (except the Hornets. I dont see them putting up much of a fight).

Teams 1-7 are all tough. I can see a lot of games 6's and 7's.

Yeah, Bynum should've been in there. Didnt they say he was fine after he got hit? At least put him in for rebounding.

I thought they shouldve fouled Gallo. He was missing all day.

^
indifferent.gif

One of these games was bound to happen. Just did uncharacteristic things that we haven't been doing since the break mainly turning the ball over and not going inside consistently. Phil knows a lot more than you do, and has 11 rings to prove it. Bynum tweaked his knee which is why he didn't come back in. I will take being healthy over seeding any day of the week, like LTB said we really only need HC against Boston and Miami.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Odom ALWAYS gets punked with clutch rebounds. If another team wins off of a rebound it is usually his fault.

Everyone played terrible and no energy and they still had a chance to win. 18 turnovers though? You can't except to win with that many.

Gasol has been pathetic lately. Anyone notice how easily he gets stripped all the time these days or the ball slips out of his hands?

Why does phil jackson stick with ineffective players and lineups for so long? Blake played better than fisher yet fisher had 30+ minutes of ATROCIOUS play.
THEN HE FAILS TO BRING IN BYNUM FOR REBOUNDING AGAIN. Odom will probably cost the Lakers a couple games in the playoffs with his unclutch rebounds.

Hmmm.... I wonder how different this post would be if Fisher made kind of clutch 3 to win the game.
eyes.gif

Glad that this is Phil's last year huh? I will gladly grave dig this post if Lakers 3 peat this year and not win a 'chip next year!

No matter what happens this year, Kupchak needs to add a perimeter scorer for the bench. I'm tired of watching Shannon Brown dribbling for 15 seconds then passing it with 4 seconds left or him hoisting 20 footers. The offensive lulls when Kobe sits are hard to stomach.

30t6p3b.gif
   lighten up,  the lakers are 17-2 since the all star break  and both losses were winnable and were to good teams.    

just chill out, the lakers will be fine.

I'm not about to sit here and act like the Bulls are some slouches, I think they would give us a tough series. It'd be nice to have HCA over any of those top 3 East teams, but with that said, what's more important is having LA clicking on all cylinders when the playoffs start.

I don't know if "big headed" is how I'd describe it, but I would like all the players to be highly confident going into the postseason but also realistic but I think Phil can handle that well. This loss is certainly a humbling one and as mentioned already, the mental blemishes were disappointing. I think I can recall TWO inbounds passes being picked off but those mental errors will be addressed.

I think a pivotal part of that 4th quarter was after Bynum blocked Mozgov's dunk attempt and then the ball was not awarded to LA. Everything went in DEN's favor from that point. Amidst all the "not a big deal" talk though is the absence of Bynum discussion. I know we've all grown accustomed to him tweaking his knee and all that, but that's what I'm really focused on right now. 

AGAIN!!!! Are you guys Effn serious, panicking like they've lost Game 1 of the Finals???  
You gotta be kidding me man.   

You dudes need to learn how to lose.  This %$*@ is ridiculous 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That little boy Noble be out here teachin our fans how to cry over single games and @#$%. 

Ridiculous. 
30t6p3b.gif

He needs to get on that JBone plan so we don't have to hear him anymore. 

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Hmmm.... I wonder how different this post would be if Fisher made kind of clutch 3 to win the game.
eyes.gif

Glad that this is Phil's last year huh? I will gladly grave dig this post if Lakers 3 peat this year and not win a 'chip next year!
I wouldn't even be mad if you did that. Fisher playing 30+ min is never a good look. Dude was not even interested in playing today. Where was he during those inbound turnovers? Can't even ACT like areal PG.

Back
Top Bottom