[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Forgot to throw this random info a couple weeks ago I ran into Sean Rooks at Ontario Mills Mall
laugh.gif

He was with his daughter and son, had to be around 14, but already towering at 6'4+
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Lakers need to pickup a big and get rid of Ratliff.

Voshkul, Boone, Dampier? Names floating around.
Shawn_Kemp.jpg

Do it Mitch.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Forgot to throw this random info a couple weeks ago I ran into Sean Rooks at Ontario Mills Mall
laugh.gif

He was with his daughter and son, had to be around 14, but already towering at 6'4+
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Lakers need to pickup a big and get rid of Ratliff.

Voshkul, Boone, Dampier? Names floating around.
Shawn_Kemp.jpg

Do it Mitch.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Is there any room for us to pick up another big??
Kinda. If we send character or ebanks to the d-league and clear out some space. But i dont think we gotta force it, i mean andrew should be back in a few weeks then itll all be fine. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Is there any room for us to pick up another big??
Kinda. If we send character or ebanks to the d-league and clear out some space. But i dont think we gotta force it, i mean andrew should be back in a few weeks then itll all be fine. 
pimp.gif

definitely need another big because Pau is putting in too many minutes. Ratliff was a mistake. Ahhh I wish we would've traded Drew. that's my mans no doubt, but for the better of the team, he should've been moved for a legit healthy center.

great win last night. I was courtside and i have to say it was one of kobes best performances against the pistons homecourt i've seen in like the last 4 yrs. dude was making vintage KB8 spinaround jumpers and whatnot. It was rediculous the amount of purple and gold in the palace last night.  Felt like being in the staples center.  KB went to the line in the 1st qtr, 4 minutes into the game, and the 'mvp' chant started loll.  It was wayyyy louder when the lakers scored on the home team too.  I've been a Laker fan since forever, an i hate the pissed-ons, so the beatdown was perfect.. great game.

lmao @ Rip getting ejected 2 minutes into the game, he was the only one able to check KB somewhat. The pistons coach is horrible, he has no comprehension of how rotations work. There were times when 5'9 Will Bynum was checking Kobe, and others when slow as paint drying Tmac was on him on D. smh. It was a slaughter coming out the half.

definitely need another big because Pau is putting in too many minutes. Ratliff was a mistake. Ahhh I wish we would've traded Drew. that's my mans no doubt, but for the better of the team, he should've been moved for a legit healthy center.

great win last night. I was courtside and i have to say it was one of kobes best performances against the pistons homecourt i've seen in like the last 4 yrs. dude was making vintage KB8 spinaround jumpers and whatnot. It was rediculous the amount of purple and gold in the palace last night.  Felt like being in the staples center.  KB went to the line in the 1st qtr, 4 minutes into the game, and the 'mvp' chant started loll.  It was wayyyy louder when the lakers scored on the home team too.  I've been a Laker fan since forever, an i hate the pissed-ons, so the beatdown was perfect.. great game.

lmao @ Rip getting ejected 2 minutes into the game, he was the only one able to check KB somewhat. The pistons coach is horrible, he has no comprehension of how rotations work. There were times when 5'9 Will Bynum was checking Kobe, and others when slow as paint drying Tmac was on him on D. smh. It was a slaughter coming out the half.

Originally Posted by myshoegameheavy

Ahhh I wish we would've traded Drew.
Im frustrated too by his constant injuries, but dont let it overshadow his value to our team in the playoffs. When it comes down to it, when were in a 7 game series vs. the Spurs or the Nuggets, i'd much rather have a healthy Bynum out there than a healthy Bosh. His presence alone in the key with his long wingspan alters all kind of shots throughout the whole game, he may not be worth his contract so far but if we have a good seed and he comes back for us healthy in time for the playoffs...we'll be good. 
pimp.gif

Im frustrated too by his constant injuries, but dont let it overshadow his value to our team in the playoffs. When it comes down to it, when were in a 7 game series vs. the Spurs or the Nuggets, i'd much rather have a healthy Bynum out there than a healthy Bosh. His presence alone in the key with his long wingspan alters all kind of shots throughout the whole game, he may not be worth his contract so far but if we have a good seed and he comes back for us healthy in time for the playoffs...we'll be good. 
pimp.gif

After watching PTI and hearing them talk about how Kobe was receiving MVP chants in Detroit it got me to thinking that IF the Lakers are blowing Cleveland out and/or Kobe is ballin' if he will hear them?

After watching PTI and hearing them talk about how Kobe was receiving MVP chants in Detroit it got me to thinking that IF the Lakers are blowing Cleveland out and/or Kobe is ballin' if he will hear them?

^ Also, so much for thos idiots who said Kobe would be declining this year. I think non Laker fans and Espn announcers etc are just sick of Kobe. He's just been around so long and is still producing they hate talking about him unless its to hype up KOBE VS *INSERT NAME*

Granted he's had a few bad shooting nights, which happens to all jump shooters, he's been putting up very nice all around numbers. Multiple 30 point nights, could of had 3 triple doubles so far this season and all with only 30+ minutes of play.

It's not looking good for the rest of the NBA when Kobe gets to 100%, best all around player in the game even with his roaming defense. I still believe he's our best defender when he wants to be. When he wants to lock someone down he will. As he reminded all the doubters in the playoffs.

As far as the Bynum talk. Who the hell could we have gotten in exchange for him? There's not that many true centers in the league let alone a center that's actually good. Bynums proven he can be effective, but of course he is injury prone. Had we of gotten Bosh it would of been a stupid move imo. He's basically another Pau Gasol, another power foward.

I don't think Ratliff was a mistake. We got him for nothing, we signed him for nothing. He played great this season, unfortunately with his age this was bound to happen. Caracter has been horrible so far, dude couldn't finish easy lay ups last night, luckily fouls bailed him out.

Here's a way to look at it. We lost Mbegna, we got Ratliff. Ratliff > Mbenga.

We definetly need more size though. Bynum will return in December, but that doesn't mean he's going to be anywhere near what he's capable of being. Last think we want to do is rush him into alot of minutes and risk him getting a stupid injury again and Pau is goin to burn out by All-Star break at this rate.

^ Also, so much for thos idiots who said Kobe would be declining this year. I think non Laker fans and Espn announcers etc are just sick of Kobe. He's just been around so long and is still producing they hate talking about him unless its to hype up KOBE VS *INSERT NAME*

Granted he's had a few bad shooting nights, which happens to all jump shooters, he's been putting up very nice all around numbers. Multiple 30 point nights, could of had 3 triple doubles so far this season and all with only 30+ minutes of play.

It's not looking good for the rest of the NBA when Kobe gets to 100%, best all around player in the game even with his roaming defense. I still believe he's our best defender when he wants to be. When he wants to lock someone down he will. As he reminded all the doubters in the playoffs.

As far as the Bynum talk. Who the hell could we have gotten in exchange for him? There's not that many true centers in the league let alone a center that's actually good. Bynums proven he can be effective, but of course he is injury prone. Had we of gotten Bosh it would of been a stupid move imo. He's basically another Pau Gasol, another power foward.

I don't think Ratliff was a mistake. We got him for nothing, we signed him for nothing. He played great this season, unfortunately with his age this was bound to happen. Caracter has been horrible so far, dude couldn't finish easy lay ups last night, luckily fouls bailed him out.

Here's a way to look at it. We lost Mbegna, we got Ratliff. Ratliff > Mbenga.

We definetly need more size though. Bynum will return in December, but that doesn't mean he's going to be anywhere near what he's capable of being. Last think we want to do is rush him into alot of minutes and risk him getting a stupid injury again and Pau is goin to burn out by All-Star break at this rate.

Dampier might be a bad pickup. Its clear that we need another 6'10+ guy for 8-12mins a game. Cuz Bynum will have games off here and there all season.

Dampier might be a bad pickup. Its clear that we need another 6'10+ guy for 8-12mins a game. Cuz Bynum will have games off here and there all season.

Lakers need a big man to clog up the middle while Pau and others get their rest.

Erick Dampier = Unemployed

Perfect fit??

I think so.

Lakers need a big man to clog up the middle while Pau and others get their rest.

Erick Dampier = Unemployed

Perfect fit??

I think so.

Yea, Dampier is a good defender. He's old though, and I wonder what kind of shape he's in? Last thing we need is another injury on an old player.

Seems like the best choice though.

Drop Caracter to the D-League? D-Fenders aren't around this season though so I'm guessing they'll be heading to the Clippers affiliate

Yea, Dampier is a good defender. He's old though, and I wonder what kind of shape he's in? Last thing we need is another injury on an old player.

Seems like the best choice though.

Drop Caracter to the D-League? D-Fenders aren't around this season though so I'm guessing they'll be heading to the Clippers affiliate

send ebanks to the d league he seem lost in there some times ........sasha should never play dude make the second unit look bad they cant run no offense with him i there every time he touches the ball he shoots
mad.gif

send ebanks to the d league he seem lost in there some times ........sasha should never play dude make the second unit look bad they cant run no offense with him i there every time he touches the ball he shoots
mad.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

pimp.gif

this,

im definitely satisfied with what Drew brings. he was playin injured throughout the finals last year and still managed to do his job.

i really dont mind him being out for part of the reg.season just as long as hes there in the playoffs.

as far as a back up, i was thinkin bout Dampier as well. Send Ebanks to D-League or trade Sasha for a a draft-pick.

Do it Mitch!

Back
Top Bottom