[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Sad about that kid dying at staples 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

ohwell.gif
yeah i just read about that. wow
frown.gif

i know its a challenge to take care of a 2 year old but how do you not keep this from happening. smh whats up with the parents/guardians?

RIP
tired.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

ohwell.gif
yeah i just read about that. wow
frown.gif

i know its a challenge to take care of a 2 year old but how do you not keep this from happening. smh whats up with the parents/guardians?

RIP
tired.gif

RIP to that little kid, very sad situation.

Should be a good game tonight at staples. I expect D-Rose to torch D-Fish and Bulls to take us to the wire, however it could be one of those games like against Golden State where their stars don't show up.

It's on NBA TV for all of you who don't have League Pass/Live in Southern California.

RIP to that little kid, very sad situation.

Should be a good game tonight at staples. I expect D-Rose to torch D-Fish and Bulls to take us to the wire, however it could be one of those games like against Golden State where their stars don't show up.

It's on NBA TV for all of you who don't have League Pass/Live in Southern California.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

dammit! that means its gonna be blacked out on my lp mobile and i was really looking forward to watching it in class 
mad.gif
  oh well i guess i have to pay attention instead.

is just me or is this years team looking to run more?

dammit! that means its gonna be blacked out on my lp mobile and i was really looking forward to watching it in class 
mad.gif
  oh well i guess i have to pay attention instead.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

No Bynum. 

Not having Bynum out there meaning more Lamar automatically gives them more chances to run since he is great getting the rebound and pushing ahead just like that, add a good runner in Pau, and of course Kobe and Fish can if they want too, add the bench guys of Shannon and Barnes, then yeah, there will be more chances to run out and get easy scores. 

I don't think it's a planned course of action like Phil pushing them, but more of a result of the players we have now that can use that part of the game.

When Bynum comes back, they will slow down more, grind it out more.  

Speaking of, he should be havin an MRI today.  Also, heard he got busted doin 120 or something like that in his ferrari. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Come on Drew. 

i can't wait for tonite. my two favorite teams in the league. of course I want the Lakeshow to take it, but i want the bulls to do well. i think this'll be a decent challenge for the lakers. even though the bulls are relatively small, they're scrappy, and they hustle. pau will hav another big game. same with mamba if they put taj gibson on him.

i can't wait for tonite. my two favorite teams in the league. of course I want the Lakeshow to take it, but i want the bulls to do well. i think this'll be a decent challenge for the lakers. even though the bulls are relatively small, they're scrappy, and they hustle. pau will hav another big game. same with mamba if they put taj gibson on him.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

No Bynum. 

Not having Bynum out there meaning more Lamar automatically gives them more chances to run since he is great getting the rebound and pushing ahead just like that, add a good runner in Pau, and of course Kobe and Fish can if they want too, add the bench guys of Shannon and Barnes, then yeah, there will be more chances to run out and get easy scores. 

I don't think it's a planned course of action like Phil pushing them, but more of a result of the players we have now that can use that part of the game.

When Bynum comes back, they will slow down more, grind it out more.  

Speaking of, he should be havin an MRI today.  Also, heard he got busted doin 120 or something like that in his ferrari. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Come on Drew. 

not a good look Drew. damn homie, be careful, alot is riding on you pimp. they're saying, he'll but available for play as early as the christmas game...

not a good look Drew. damn homie, be careful, alot is riding on you pimp. they're saying, he'll but available for play as early as the christmas game...

Drew is an idiot. Things like that make it seem like he can give a crap less about when he returns.

He never seemed like a work hard type of guy, just like when he stopped working out with Kareem because he wanted to do things his own way.

Drew is an idiot. Things like that make it seem like he can give a crap less about when he returns.

He never seemed like a work hard type of guy, just like when he stopped working out with Kareem because he wanted to do things his own way.

What'd he do?

Nvm found out

What'd he do?

Nvm found out

yeah i heard about that but i didnt think he was going 120
eek.gif

c'mon drew. dude lacks motivation. IMO he really worked hard during the summer kobe called him out to be traded but other than that i havent seen much. maybe because hes always coming back from injury

yeah i heard about that but i didnt think he was going 120
eek.gif

c'mon drew. dude lacks motivation. IMO he really worked hard during the summer kobe called him out to be traded but other than that i havent seen much. maybe because hes always coming back from injury

Zen Master at it again...

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson isn't surprised that the revamped Miami Heat are struggling initially, but he thinks if they don't get it together soon coach Erik Spoelstra's days could be numbered.
After adding LeBron James and Chris Bosh to go along with Dwyane Wade, Miami has limped to an 8-6 record. Wade has been banged up, Mike Miller hasn't played a game and now Udonis Haslem could miss significant time.

"That record, I think, says a lot about coming together with some real talented guys, and not having a base," Jackson said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 in Chicago. "And then some things happened to them, Wade getting hurt."

"They're still kind of searching out how they're going to find a role and work their roles together," Jackson continued.

With expectations so high going into the season after team president Pat Riley assembled his dream team, the pressure is on Spoelstra to deliver. When the Heat struggled to an 11-10 start to the 2005-06 season, Riley shocked the league by replacing Stan Van Gundy on the Miami bench. He hadn't coached since the 2002-03 campaign but led the Heat to the NBA championship.

"The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- Bosh and James -- by Pat Riley and Mickey Arrison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you [Riley] can do a better job coaching the team. We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know," Jackson said. "That's kind of my take on it, is that eventually if things don't straighten out here soon, it could be the Van Gundy thing all over again."

The two-time defending champion Lakers are cruising along again at 12-2. The Boston Celtics, whom they faced in the 2010 Finals, are still the beast of the East, according to Jackson.

"The Celtics have a defense you have to plan for. Their defense is overwhelmingly a factor in the ballgame," Jackson said. "They're going to smother. They're going to really contest. They're going to body guys. There's going to be double-teaming underneath the free-throw line. There are a lot of things that go on there that you have to start planning for.

"Right now, Miami hasn't kind of shown -- the defense has improved recently -- they haven't really shown this is something you really have to plan for. You have to plan how to defend these great individuals that they have. And that's going to be part of the planning. Boston still gives you a multiple effect as a basketball team."

Zen Master at it again...

Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson isn't surprised that the revamped Miami Heat are struggling initially, but he thinks if they don't get it together soon coach Erik Spoelstra's days could be numbered.
After adding LeBron James and Chris Bosh to go along with Dwyane Wade, Miami has limped to an 8-6 record. Wade has been banged up, Mike Miller hasn't played a game and now Udonis Haslem could miss significant time.

"That record, I think, says a lot about coming together with some real talented guys, and not having a base," Jackson said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000 in Chicago. "And then some things happened to them, Wade getting hurt."

"They're still kind of searching out how they're going to find a role and work their roles together," Jackson continued.

With expectations so high going into the season after team president Pat Riley assembled his dream team, the pressure is on Spoelstra to deliver. When the Heat struggled to an 11-10 start to the 2005-06 season, Riley shocked the league by replacing Stan Van Gundy on the Miami bench. He hadn't coached since the 2002-03 campaign but led the Heat to the NBA championship.

"The scenario that sits kind of behind the scene, is that eventually these guys that were recruited -- Bosh and James -- by Pat Riley and Mickey Arrison, the owner, are going to come in and say, 'We feel you [Riley] can do a better job coaching the team. We came here on the hopes that this would work,' and whatever, I don't know," Jackson said. "That's kind of my take on it, is that eventually if things don't straighten out here soon, it could be the Van Gundy thing all over again."

The two-time defending champion Lakers are cruising along again at 12-2. The Boston Celtics, whom they faced in the 2010 Finals, are still the beast of the East, according to Jackson.

"The Celtics have a defense you have to plan for. Their defense is overwhelmingly a factor in the ballgame," Jackson said. "They're going to smother. They're going to really contest. They're going to body guys. There's going to be double-teaming underneath the free-throw line. There are a lot of things that go on there that you have to start planning for.

"Right now, Miami hasn't kind of shown -- the defense has improved recently -- they haven't really shown this is something you really have to plan for. You have to plan how to defend these great individuals that they have. And that's going to be part of the planning. Boston still gives you a multiple effect as a basketball team."

wow just a year ago guys were fighting over who can start a game thread ...what happened?
laugh.gif

anyways..Go Lakers!

wow just a year ago guys were fighting over who can start a game thread ...what happened?
laugh.gif

anyways..Go Lakers!

^^^i think people are more infatuated in with the Heat losing.

i finally get to see a laker game in tv other than espn

^^^i think people are more infatuated in with the Heat losing.

i finally get to see a laker game in tv other than espn

Back
Top Bottom