Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never would have thought the idea of LeBron going to the Bulls was even a possibility before last night.
eek.gif
eek.gif

I have been engulfed in the NHL playoffs, no MLB or NBA......until I heard the sweetest words muttered on ESPN that LeBron's best option would be the Bulls. It got me thinking and I do believe he would be in a much better position to win in Chicago than Cleveland or New York. It would also give me so much satisfaction to stick it to the Knicks and their fan base
laugh.gif

For the people who think Lebron won't want to go to Chicago because he would be in MJ's shadow, you sound like damn fools. This build up is going to definitely be interesting and I can't wait to see the outcome. In the meantime I will be
pray.gif
 that he signs with Chicago.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

My name's 23ska, and I approve this thread.

laugh.gif

Nah, I know there is discussion in other threads about LeBron, but since he is a free agent now... officially... it's about to BLOW UP. A focused thread is definitely beneficial, so long as it's used.

Otherwise, the other FAthread would get clogged w/ some of the MANY rumors and articles, and the forum itself would get the rest of the rumors and articles, in the form of threads. Many of them.
http://niketalk.com/topic/216859

^ You already approved of the OG Bron 2k10 thread though...
nerd.gif
(Some CLASSIC content in there already).
laugh.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

EDIT: FTR, I couldn't care less if "mine" got locked, just making sure people got their money...

Lebron to Chicago just shows how much power the media has over people.

Before last night I can't remember the majority of people saying Chicago was a frontrunner, they were always a possibility, but I kept hearing Wade would come back home and join up with Rose. Now suddenly because a few unknown GMs say it's a chance now everyone is on board.

I don't think Chicago would work out with Rose and LBJ, both need the ball in their hands to be effective. And then Chicago is going to get Bosh too? not without giving up Noah or Gibson, or even both. Toronto has no use for Deng or Henrich so scratch that possibility.

Bucher made some good points on SVP's radio show

- More then likely it'd be sign and trade if he left. How many guys turn down that extra year?

- At the very worst, by coming back to Cleveland, Cleveland will love him forever, and people can respect that he was loyal and tried to bring a 'ship to his hometown (even if he doesn't)

- Leaving signals that he can't do it himself, and needs help.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Before last night I can't remember the majority of people saying Chicago was a frontrunner, they were always a possibility, but I kept hearing Wade would come back home and join up with Rose. Now suddenly because a few unknown GMs say it's a chance now everyone is on board.

I don't think Chicago would work out with Rose and LBJ, both need the ball in their hands to be effective. And then Chicago is going to get Bosh too? not without giving up Noah or Gibson, or even both. Toronto has no use for Deng or Henrich so scratch that possibility.
You're one Knicks fan I would never let hear the end of it, if he ends up in Chicago
laugh.gif
  It's funny because what do the New York Knicks offer LeBron in the chances of winning? You're squad is the definition of garbage Big J and you know it. If you had the same pieces in place that the Bulls do, then I would say Lebron to the Knicks makes complete sense.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

You're one Knicks fan I would never let hear the end of it, if he ends up in Chicago
laugh.gif
  It's funny because what do the New York Knicks offer LeBron in the chances of winning? You're squad is the definition of garbage Big J and you know it. If you had the same pieces in place that the Bulls do, then I would say Lebron to the Knicks makes complete sense.

should I....naw i won't....but i have to.........OWNED
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

OWNED. knicks fans are hilarious 

You're going to never let me hear the end of it? Because I post on argument against Lebron to Chicago? I'm one of the most level headed Knicks fans on here, check if I've been talking smack all season or proclaiming LBJ to NYC a sure thing.

My point was that few reports, "experts", people on here were talking about Lebron to Chicago as a sure thing... NOW because a few stories come out, suddenly everyone has been on board all along and "IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE"... except we never talked about it as a sure fire choice until now.

And I didn't even bring the Knicks into my post, I was speaking on Chicago and now they're going to magically get LBJ, Bosh, all without giving up any of their young core, or somehow package Deng and Henrich like Toronto or Cleveland would be interested in those players. And since you brought up NYC, Rose is better than Douglas, that's for sure, but calling Chandler and Gallinari garbage is a bit of a stretch considering you don't exactly have two future hall of famers in Gibson or Noah. They're talented young players, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

I'm not calling Chicago garbage or saying there's no shot in getting Lebron, but commenting on how quickly people's opinions and ideas can change. And you still didn't explain how Rose and LBJ would work out, or how you'd get Bosh too, you just tried to clown the Knicks. Chicago is sitting in a great spot. Pair rose with a great outside shooter like Joe Johnson, or go after a scoring PF like Bosh and they'd be a force in the East.

Originally Posted by I Noah Dentist

laugh.gif
It's funny because what do the New York Knicks offer LeBron in the chances of winning? You're squad is the definition of garbage Big J and you know it. If you had thesame pieces in place that the Bulls do, then Iwould say Lebron to the Knicks makes complete sense.
OWNED. knicks fans are hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/v/goTcffBhNDE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6http://www.youtube.com/v/goTcffBhNDE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6You got OWNED!

Joe Johnson to the Bulls would be a better match based on how the Bulls and JJ plays now.

If LeBron goes to the Bulls, thats just gonna stunt Rose' growth as a rising star. If they can somehow work together though,
pimp.gif

And is it just me, or does a team of LeBron and Bosh just not do it for me?
eyes.gif

You're going to never let me hear the end of it? Because I post on argument against Lebron to Chicago? I'm one of the most level headed Knicks fans on here, check if I've been talking smack all season or proclaiming LBJ to NYC a sure thing.

My point was that few reports, "experts", people on here were talking about Lebron to Chicago as a sure thing... NOW because a few stories come out, suddenly everyone has been on board all along and "IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE"... except we never talked about it as a sure fire choice until now.

And I didn't even bring the Knicks into my post, I was speaking on Chicago and now they're going to magically get LBJ, Bosh, all without giving up any of their young core, or somehow package Deng and Henrich like Toronto or Cleveland would be interested in those players. And since you brought up NYC, Rose is better than Douglas, that's for sure, but calling Chandler and Gallinari garbage is a bit of a stretch considering you don't exactly have two future hall of famers in Gibson or Noah. They're talented young players, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

I'm not calling Chicago garbage or saying there's no shot in getting Lebron, but commenting on how quickly people's opinions and ideas can change. And you still didn't explain how Rose and LBJ would work out, or how you'd get Bosh too, you just tried to clown the Knicks. Chicago is sitting in a great spot. Pair rose with a great outside shooter like Joe Johnson, or go after a scoring PF like Bosh and they'd be a force in the East.

You must not watch many Bulls games.  Rose does not need the ball at all times.  Both Lebron and Rose create shots for the their teammates.  Lebron will of course get his 28 ppg if he goes to Chicago, however, with Lebron on the court this will stop teams from double teaming Rose on the high pick and roll (which was always a problem last year) and give him more space to create for others or score.  Not to mention Rose has one of the best, if not the best mid-range shot in the game.  Lebron will create so many double teams that Rose will be spotting up for jumpers all night long. And please don't even get me started if the Bulls get a fast break...

No reason to come at Big J IMO...dude is legit.

And like he said, Chicago media/hype for Bron is hilarious.  NOBODY was talking abut Chicago before last night. 

Even though CHI's roster and situation might make sense, the fact that his massive ego would take a GUARANTEED backseat to MJ for the rest of his life is something I can't see him or his "team" of people being cool with.

His best decision is to hit NYC with Chris Bosh.  He will have the best PF in the world by his side for years to come/someone who will get guaranteed buckets in every game no matter what the situation is.

And I think he could legitimately come close to pulling off an Oscar Robertson in D'Antoni's system.

moz-screenshot-2.png

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

No reason to come at Big J IMO...dude is legit.

And like he said, Chicago media/hype for Bron is hilarious.  NOBODY was talking abut Chicago before last night. 

Even though CHI's roster and situation might make sense, the fact that his massive ego would take a GUARANTEED backseat to MJ for the rest of his life is something I can't see him or his "team" of people being cool with.

His best decision is to hit NYC with Chris Bosh.  He will have the best PF in the world by his side for years to come/someone who will get guaranteed buckets in every game no matter what the situation is.

And I think he could legitimately come close to pulling off an Oscar Robertson in D'Antoni's system.
I was, check my past posts. 

NOBODY was talking abut Chicago before last night. 
Good for you, you're a Bulls fan.  Every franchise in the league has CLUELESS fans talking about the possibility of Bron coming to their team (not saying you're clueless, just that YOU saying he is coming to CHI, and thinking that that holds weight is funny). 

I was referring to knowledgeable league sources/LeBron's CAMP (i.e., the dude that broke the news of "3 GM's think he's coming to Chicago" has been wrong so many times, Knick fans are actually happy HE is the one reporting this "news"
laugh.gif
).

WCWP SPORTS – In what is truly a disturbing story, comes exclusive Terez Owens news that LeBron’s teammate Delonte West is sleeping with LeBron’s Mother Gloria James..Yes, this is the purported story coming from my source in Cleveland..My source explains the following:

â€

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

WCWP SPORTS – In what is truly a disturbing story, comes exclusive Terez Owens news that LeBron’s teammate Delonte West is sleeping with LeBron’s Mother Gloria James..Yes, this is the purported story coming from my source in Cleveland..My source explains the following:

â€

Think of it like this, though... What real reason does LeBron have to go to the Knicks other than to be a part of NY? He just wants to go there to market himself. That's it. No real reason. He's going to have the same problem he had with the Cavs. No one to back him up. Do we actually know for sure Bosh is going to the Knicks?

His best bet is actually Chicago or Heat, IMO. Heck, maybe even OKC.

NOBODY was talking abut Chicago before last night. 
Good for you, you're a Bulls fan.  Every franchise in the league has CLUELESS fans talking about the possibility of Bron coming to their team (not saying you're clueless, just that YOU saying he is coming to CHI, and thinking that that holds weight is funny). 

I was referring to knowledgeable league sources/LeBron's CAMP (i.e., the dude that broke the news of "3 GM's think he's coming to Chicago" has been wrong so many times, Knick fans are actually happy HE is the one reporting this "news"
laugh.gif
).
I never said my statement held weight.  However, from a basketball standpoint, the Bulls always should have been in the discussion for Lebron.  They have a great young core and one of the best, most humble, unselfish point guards in the league.  They also have the best fanbase in all of sports.  Bulls fans continue to pack arenas even when their team is bad.  Another thing I've found funny throughout this is that people put so much emphasis on the fact that Lebron is a New York Yankee fan therefore he loves New York and wants to play there.  The same people who base their facts on Lebron being a fan of the Yankees, must have failed to realize Lebron was/is a Chicago Bulls fan too.  It is just a little harder to rock a Bulls fitted when you play for another NBA team.  

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by franchise3

Bucher made some good points on SVP's radio show

- More then likely it'd be sign and trade if he left. How many guys turn down that extra year?

- At the very worst, by coming back to Cleveland, Cleveland will love him forever, and people can respect that he was loyal and tried to bring a 'ship to his hometown (even if he doesn't)

- Leaving signals that he can't do it himself, and needs help.
Those are interesting and good points.

I honestly don't think he wants to leave Cleveland. I do think he's upset at the way management approached building an actually "team" around him.

If Lebron does stay, they need to seriously do some tweaking to that roster. Now, it seems as if they're stuck with Jamison and his contract. I can't see anybody wanting to pick him. This might be the reason why he would leave because he knows that management can't bring in another legitimate star player to play beside him because they have a bunch of unwanted guys with big contracts like Jamison.

If I'm Lebron, I'm not leaving until I know for sure another legitimate star will be playing beside me on another team whether its NY or anywhere else. Will going to Chicago playing next to guy like Derrick Rose (who doesn't really fit with him) going to make that team the best team in the league to win a championship? Adding Bosh will make it seem like Derrick Rose role is very limited or he could just play the role of Rondo and penetrate/dish to other guys on the floor. Bosh/Lebron/Rose can be the best team in the league and could win a championship. Rose/Lebron/Noah, not so much. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom